Behold the Wrist-Mounted Flamethrower

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Random argument man:
It is a nice invention. I'm pretty sure the army will knock at his door soon.

They would, if the use of flamethrowers, napalm and similar weapons have been banned a long time ago. I don't remember who banned them though. The Geneve convention or something like that. It's illegal to use in warfare anyway, and anyone who do will be convicted of war crimes.

Random argument man:

Yeah, no shit. Wow.

Now all he needs is a costume and the alias "Fire man!" or something and you've got yourself a super hero.

Am I the only one pissed that the best we've got so far is the shadow hair? This guys got fucking flame throwers! Give him a cape! Let's have a real hero that dishes out pain!

that's pretty cool

as for those people who are saying he will get burnt by shooting out the flames, he won't and the reason he won't is due to some very basic grade 9 science. it has something to do with where the heat is on the flame he's throwing out, for the most part his hand is in the coldest part of the flame

if you don't believe me
find a Bunsen burner and a match, hook up the burner
set the match in the top of the burner, using a needle is an easy way to suspend it
turn on the gas to the burner, turn it on high
light the burner

you will now notice the match won't ignite

Random argument man:

Yeah and im sure that same army wont want to stick around for long.

Seriosly, I want one, i dont care if it costs $1000, i want it.

In my media-warped mind, anyone who builds something like this is obligated to become a superhero.

I'm watching the video and think to myself "Why?"

On another note, how legal is it to make and possess something like this?

Someone better tell the Pyro that

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!

Seen scoffing between swigs of moonshine and torching zerglings.

Still...that's pretty freaking cool. Do want. Want lots. I'll have to lock it up whenever I drink alcohol though. I could see myself doing some pretty stupid stuff otherwise.

This kid is a Darwin Award waiting to happen.

That's nothing.
Somebody made an assassins creed style wrist mounted blade, that actually goes in and out of your sleeve.
:) I wan't one! Al Qaeda here I come...

In terms of "Things you can shoot out of your wrists", this guy beats the hell out of Spiderman. DO WANT.

I would totally yell "FLAME ON" if I got that. That and get a gas mask. And a rubber suit. And an axe.

Finally, an accelerator.
(Thats what it sounds like. the 40K equivalent)
oh joy, oh joy, oh joy.

Halloween? this video seems a bit old, and didn't Ramstein have one in one of his concerts?

drksummoner:

You can own anything you make yourself, a guy once built a home-made Uzi, but since he didn't buy it, he has legal ownership of it, and the government can't take it away (as long as you are in the USA)

And now we know how Bobba Fetts Wrist mounted Flame thrower works.

Also if you want a low budget version of that you could tape two Zipo lighters together, turn on one then the other and you get a large fire like the one in the video.

Somebody wake me up when they learn to do the same kind of thing, but with electricity instead of fire.

Khell want Force Lightning, KHELL WANT FORCE LIGHTNING.

AkJay:
Halloween? this video seems a bit old, and didn't Ramstein have one in one of his concerts?

drksummoner:

You can own anything you make yourself, a guy once built a home-made Uzi, but since he didn't buy it, he has legal ownership of it, and the government can't take it away (as long as you are in the USA)

Hah, good man and yeah they did have some of those, albeit much larger but able to shoot flames a hell of a lot farther. Oh and they have flamethrowing masks too.

Coolest thing I've seen all day. I want 1.

I can think of 30 uses for this RIGHT NOW.

j0frenzy:
Wow. I am torn. I want it, but it has no practical use. But it allows me to shoot fire.

Being able to shoot fire from your hand is a practicality within and of itself.

somelameshite:
mine shoots further than his!

That's what he said

JRCB:
Never try to give someone a high-five with this on. EVER.

Or slap someone

traceur_:

My thoughts exactly...

I mean, whatever could go wrong with a highly combustible (possibly explosive) home made device to shoot flames from your wrists?

traceur_:

That'll make for an interesting blurb in the next book: "Amateur inventor Everett had a new trick to show the other party-goers..."

So basically some dolt has taken one of those spiderman wrist things and filled it full of lighter fluid?

What a plank.

That would be great for shock and awe. Someone starts a fight with you, and you just jump back and shout "STOP!" and shoot a warning blast of flame. they run, you feel awesome, everyone is happy.

Not to be a spoiled sport, but I'm pretty sure that's highly illegal.
It would be an awesome thing to own, but I see the law seeing it as an easily concealed combustible weapon or something like that.

I want them.

That's just so cool.

looks fun, but probably dangerous.
If would now be fun to defend yourself from dangerous people

Random argument man:

"We would like to buy about 500,000 of them, please. And paint them dark brown. We don´t want anyone to see them."

By the way, why is it that every cool invention is always also a danger to the user? Being cool and being stupid just seem to go hand in hand.

Far be it from me, however, to not want that. You never know, when you need to set something on fire.

must...have...now!

One step closer to Boba Fett...

It shoots fire, so I want one.

Spaceman_Spiff:
Reminds me of Gob's magic act in Arrested Development.

"Lighter fluid! But wherever did it come from?"
heh

Only tons more deadly.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook