Okamiden Debut Trailer Shows Adorable Wolf-Goddess

Okamiden Debut Trailer Shows Adorable Wolf-Goddess

Capcom has unveiled the first trailer for Okami DS sequel Okamiden in advance of the Tokyo Game Show, and one thing is for certain: Wolf-Goddess puppies are goddamn adorable.

It's no secret that we here at The Escapist are looking forward to Okamiden: Little Sun. Not only is it the sequel to a beloved last-generation cult hit in a snazzy portable form, but as this first glimpse at the game reveals, the protagonist Chibiterasu - a young wolf-goddess whose relation to Amaterasu, the goddess who was the main character of Okami is as of yet unknown - is cute as all hell.

I mean sure, we get a glimpse of gameplay, and it looks exactly like you'd expect from an Okami game on the DS (the stylus being a perfect fit for the paintbrush mechanic), but that doesn't really matter much. Nor does the fact that all the potentially-relevant text is in Japanese bother us much, either. Because awwww, lookit the baby god-in-wolf-form. How can you say no to that face?

Who's a good Chibiterasu? You are! Yes, you are! Good girl! ...or is it boy?

(Via MTV Multiplayer)

...what.

I really don't know what to say. I think my brain just imploded.

I'm very much looking forward to this. The stylus put to good use.

The little wolf goddess thingy is kinda cute. ^_^

Let's hope they make this better than the Wii port of the original Okami. For some reason that didn't go over as well, which frankly surprised me.

Dawwwwwwwwww...

Awwwwwwwww :3

Looks pretty sweet. Never played Okami, so nothing to compare it to.

Awwww.... its soo cute.

Mezzamine:
...what.

The good kind of implosion?

OT: I really hope this game comes stateside, and that it's mechanic work wonders.
Oh, and hopefully it'll be just as good as Okami.

I've never played Okami, so I'll probably get this. I got Pokemon Platinum like 3 weeks ago so I don't care if it seems childish as long as the gameplay is good.

Pendragon9:

Let's hope they make this better than the Wii port of the original Okami. For some reason that didn't go over as well, which frankly surprised me.

Yeah, you'd think that would've translated really well.
Also, awh.

Heart of Darkness:

Mezzamine:
...what.

OT: I really hope this game comes stateside, and that it's mechanic work wonders.

No. The 'Brain dribbling out of ears' bad kind of implosion.

Mezzamine:

Heart of Darkness:

Mezzamine:
...what.

No. The 'Brain dribbling out of ears' bad kind of implosion.

Ah. As long as your brains stay off my shoes.

That thing is waaaay too cute. It puts kittens, baby seals, and Pichu to shame.

Dawwwwww, it's so cute.

But seriously, wonder who's developing this game? Could be Ready at Dawn. Kind of doubt that, though.

I'm going to say what everyone else is saying or at least thinking: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Anyway, looks promising. I just hope this ruins the series (the series of 2).
The game play looks nice and great 3D graphics... for the DS of course (no offense, DS).

Is that... young Susano?

/hugs the tiny wolf pup

aaaawwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You play the game as a PUPPY!

...that's AWESOME!

PUPPEH!!!!

I am on this like Godzilla on Tokyo, people.

Susan Arendt:
PUPPEH!!!!

And with that, it was clear that Susan Arendt was the best Senior Editor ever.

Clashero:
Is that... young Susano?

That's what I'm thinking. The sword and clothes are too similar for it to be a coincidence.

Three things.
1. Glad they kept the art style of the first game.
2. Glad they kept the music.
3. This on the DS will be awesome.

The game looks pretty good. Too good, in fact, for it to be a regular DS game I think. Could this possibly be a DSi exclusive?

Dawwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

Is it weird that I know that that music is a Remix of "Reset {Thank You version)"?

ohgodalex:

Clashero:
Is that... young Susano?

That's what I'm thinking. The sword and clothes are too similar for it to be a coincidence.

Actually, that's Susano and Kushi's son. The game is set a few months after the original. He has a son by then? Yeah, I know it's weird.

HardRockSamurai:
That thing is waaaay too cute. It puts kittens, baby seals, and Pichu to shame.

I don't know about that... Pichu is f-kin' adorable. But it's a cute widdwe pupshkees ! Look at the little puppy! I soooo want one!

ohgodalex:

Susan Arendt:
PUPPEH!!!!

And with that, it was clear that Susan Arendt was the best Senior Editor ever.

Seconded. I can't name a single other person of authority who would say something so awesome.

Pendragon9:
The little wolf goddess thingy is kinda cute. ^_^

Well, precise brush strokes with the Wiimote are hard to do anyways, especially since most people don't paint with a fifteen foot brush. It should control a lot better on the DS, though since you use the stylus and the touch screen is extremely accurate.

T-Bone24:

ohgodalex:

Clashero:
Is that... young Susano?

Actually, that's Susano and Kushi's son. The game is set a few months after the original. He has a son by then? Yeah, I know it's weird.

Awww, I was hoping it would be like "Okami Babies" or something. I think a baby Orochi would be hilarious, trying and failing miserably at being terrifying because he's so cute.

Anyway, this game looks pretty sweet. Between this and Scribblenauts, I might just have to get a DS.

ThaBenMan:

T-Bone24:

ohgodalex:

Clashero:
Is that... young Susano?

Awww, I was hoping it would be like "Okami Babies" or something. I think a baby Orochi would be hilarious, trying and failing miserably at being terrifying because he's so cute.

If you think that's adorable, just imagine a baby Ninetails.

Also: Awwwwwwww

Nintendogs has nothing on this game.

NOTHING.

A... sequel... to... OKAMI?!?!?!?!

HALLELUJAH, JOY TO THE MOTHER-FUCKING WORLD! Capcom restores my faith in the video games industry in one brilliant stylus-stroke!

Christ, I seriously could not believe my eyes. Whatever will we see next, Shenmue 3?

Puppy!

Whos a goo.... Never mind.

I can't wait for this game, all I have to do is steal a Ds!

BBBBBbbaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Though seriously? Chibiterastu? Though that's more than fitting.

Now if you'll excuse me,

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

D'awwwwwwwwww. That thing is adorable and makes me want the game even more. D'awwwwww.

Cute and kick-ass.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.