Maxim, Sega Look for a Real-Life Bayonetta

Maxim, Sega Look for a Real-Life Bayonetta

Sega and Maxim are holding a contest to find the one woman who "best captures the style and attitude" of Bayonetta, the heroine of the upcoming action game of the same name.

"Bayonetta is lethal - she's beautiful but brutal. We're convinced she will stir up the Maxim readers," said Sega's Vice President of Marketing Sean Ratcliffe. "We can't wait to see the Maxim.com audience rise to the challenge of trying to find us a real life Bayonetta."

There's more this than just the opportunity to dress up like a leather-bound librarian with an I Dream of Jeannie hairdo for the Maxim crowd, however. As well as being "spotlighted" on Maxim.com, the winner will take home a nice selection of loot: An Xbox 360 console, a 50-inch Panasonic TC-P50X1 plasma HDTV and, of course, a copy of Bayonetta.

Think you've got what it takes? Contest entries are being accepted at BayonettaContest.com until September 30, at which time the best of the bunch will be posted on Maxim.com, where they will be voted on by readers until October 23. Entrants must be at least 18 years old and reside in either the U.S. or Canada (minus Quebec). Have a look at the full contest rules, then snap some photos and send them in!

via: GameDaily

I wonder how many S&M-type entries will be submitted.

AkJay:
I wonder how many S&M-type entries will be submitted.

More than I care to think about >_>

Oh I am so entering that.

Mezzamine:

I'll vote for you.

Pfft. Palin has this tied up already.

Hmm.. perhaps a poor choice of words.

edit: That's Sarah Palin, not Michael.. just so we're clear.

Yah I am going to skip that issue after I am done skipping ever issue they ever published.

Im just going to wait for someone to enter Gabe Mewells large mass into this contest and watch him get second place.

Fat Man Spoon:

Mezzamine:

I'll vote for you.

You're too kind. I'll just run and get my S&M kit.

i thought sega already had a model for bayonetta during e3 this year

I just want to say this is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. People are not meant to be grown up Barbie to idolize over. It may be fun to dress up but to put oneself out there and throw away who you are as an individual to be idolized as a video game character is pretty bad.

There is a reason why we as people need to separate the reality from the fantasy. I like my Kasumi, Mai, and Chun-li in the fantasy and to stay right where they are. I want women to be attractive and grow a personal bond with in reality.

Mezzamine:

Float me a snapshot and I'll consider voting for you as well.

Mezzamine:

Do you think Fanboy could do Catduck in S&M?

A Google search for 'tranny amazon domme' should do it.

Fat Man Spoon:

Mezzamine:

Do you think Fanboy could do Catduck in S&M?

That I have to see.

Is it possible for you to lose hope for a game you had no hope for to begin with?

Damn if only I were prettier.

And a woman.

Or feminine enough to cross dress effectively.

what happened to the Bayonetta model at E3. She was pretty.

This should be interesting. I'm not interested in the person who makes it. I'm interested in the people who don't make it.

This also has the word fail written all over it.

Wait, why should we be supporting this? Doesn't this just seem gimmicky (not to mention unrealistic, considering the size of her bust in that picture)?

Seriously, what kind of person is going to enter this contest?

Actually I probably don't want to answer to that question.

I can't wait to hear the winner

Hmm, sounds like fun - not that I could enter it or anything.

I wonder if there will be many Man-Bayonetta's entering (can't think up a catchy Man-Faye/Man Li style name right now) or would you probably just have to go to an anime/gaming convention for that sort of thing? :P

Gabe Newell ftw! Go 'Chan.

You know it has to be done...

Tenmar:
I just want to say this is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. People are not meant to be grown up Barbie to idolize over. It may be fun to dress up but to put oneself out there and throw away who you are as an individual to be idolized as a video game character is pretty bad.

There is a reason why we as people need to separate the reality from the fantasy. I like my Kasumi, Mai, and Chun-li in the fantasy and to stay right where they are. I want women to be attractive and grow a personal bond with in reality.

This is Maxim and Sega we are talking about. What else can you expect?

I'm still seeing the Baroness at Mardi Gras in that pic. Maybe that's all a hopeful model has to think about. And leather and/or latex, too.

xmetatr0nx:
Im just going to wait for someone to enter Gabe Mewells large mass into this contest and watch him get second place.

My man you just called it. Call a bookie.

Game Overthinker Displeased!

Alpha 5 seen panicking! Ay ay ay!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or