Take a Look at the Stylish Shank

Take a Look at the Stylish Shank

A gameplay trailer for Shank, a stylish side-scrolling beat-em-up, was recently shown at PAX 2009.

Shank is a stylish, violent side-scroller in development by Klei Entertainment, creators of PC and XBLA Incredible Machine mixed with Lemmings mash-up, Eets. Shank's first lengthy gameplay trailer was just released at PAX 2009.

The game looks like a mix between Double Dragon and Madworld, all done in a vibrant comic-book style. Shank's main character, aptly named Shank, will tear his way through legions of enemies using weapons such as his trusty knife, chainsaw, shotgun, and dual-wielded pistols. Considering that this is one of the game's first trailers, it looks very smooth and incredibly fun. The murderous ground and air combos Shank can perform, while the camera zooms in and out and time slows down, are particularly enthralling.

Though Shank does not appear to have been announced for any particular platforms yet, I'd be surprised if it didn't hit both XBLA and PC. Check out Shank's offical blog at http://shankgame.com/.

Via: Indie Games Blog

Yeah It's bloody awesome looking ain't it? The shanking is pretty brutal, it's just madness incarnate. I'm going to have to take a closer look at this once it's released.

PLEASE hit PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would pay $30 for this on psn.

Looks pretty good.

When I first saw this I was like SCHWEET
Now I am more like SCHWEET JIZZ IN MAH PANTS
Also, the GT video stated it was for PC. kekeke

Halfbreed13:

I think i nergasmed too, DAMM its looks good!

Cool. I think there is only one problem; it seems like this game promotes voilence with chainsaws against poeple named "Brock"

Ranooth:

Halfbreed13:

I think i nergasmed too, DAMM its looks good!

My only concerns are these. 1. Why does everyone just stand there rather than, you know, fighting against the guy with the chainsaw?
2. Will there be more of those sweet sweet parkour tricks we saw in multiple levels?

looks cool, ill get it if its on xbla

... Huh. That looks VERY entertaining. I smell a rare occurrence coming on... one of the kind where I actually purchase something from the huge pile of excrement that is XBLA.

ChromeAlchemist:
I'm going to have to take a closer look at this once it's released.

Upon taking a closer look, the man carries in his possession 2 knives, a chainsaw, 2 pistols, a shotgun, and grenades.

And yet at the end of the video he uses his fists...wtf?

God they Sun Down while Blacked out was epic.

Looks very fluent, kinda like Castle Crashers. I might get it.

Looks sort of like an [adult swim] flash game.

hansari:

ChromeAlchemist:
I'm going to have to take a closer look at this once it's released.

Upon taking a closer look, the man carries in his possession 2 knives, a chainsaw, 2 pistols, a shotgun, and grenades.

And yet at the end of the video he uses his fists...wtf?

The way he wields the chainsaw is what I love.

Looks like a neat side-scroller. I'm a sucker for these, so I'll be grabbing it.

....XIII anyone?
Sorry, but side scrolling cell-shaded games just seem a backwards step for gaming. Reminds me too much of Aladdin on the SNES.
The combos did look pretty ace though.

Pointless overdone violence for the sake of it? It will fit right in on the Xbox then.

Dood, yes! I am gonna be all over that game! For the love of God, don't show this game to Mr. Thompson.

IdealistCommi:
Cool. I think there is only one problem; it seems like this game promotes voilence with chainsaws against poeple named "Brock"

I noticed that too, then my other thought was, "Hooray! I get to play Brock Sampson from Venture Bros." Ok so his names not Brock, but it looks about the same.

It comes in my favorite colors, Black, Blood Red and Shit Brown.

scotth266:
Looks like a neat side-scroller. I'm a sucker for these, so I'll be grabbing it.

You too, eh? And here I thought they didn't make 'em like this anymore...

I'm going to go ahead and say what everyone on this forum is thinking. It just looks like an overly-brutally violent beat em up sidescroller. The violence really seems to be it's main selling point. No exploration, no mental challenge whatsoever, just violent brutal bloodletting.
This type of thing has been done to death. The plot seems non-existant and the gameplay I can guarantee will become tiresome once you finish the first level (most likely sooner).
Way to appeal to the annoying, subhuman intelligence of the frat-boy generation XBLA!

dragonburner:
PLEASE hit PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would pay $30 for this on psn.

Maybe not 30 quid but I would fork over some cash for this beauty. Looks brilliant

looks pretty sweet! Though I'm slightly concerned that some parts look a little like Assassin's Creed... with the stylish platforming, but also with the "oh I'm just gonna stand here while all my comrades get mushed to bits..." enemy AI.

Wow, that is some seriously fluid ultraviolence =P I liked how there looked to be some actual tissue resistance when he was chainsawing a 'Brock' in half vertically...

I don't understand what you mean by ultra-violence...The only graphic part about it was the blood spatters, albeit there was a lot of it. Maybe it would be by the standards of years ago, but now we have games like Madworld. (Hell, even Mortal Kombat had you pulling peoples heads off along with their spine) Really, what I'm sold on here is the very fluent looking combat and the nice rustic scenery...

I can't nerdgasm on this, simply because it's not nerdy, but my balls did explode because of the sheer amount of awesome in that game. PSN, XBLA or PC, I don't care since I got all of them, I just want it and I want it now. It looks incredibly smooth with brilliant graphics (I love that comic style so so much) and brutal combo's. It looks like a fantastic game to play after a tough day at work.

That looks actually very interesting. Well I might just get it.

The old beat-em ups are comming back! It's an old style that I missed soo much. I also miss the shooters. The 2D Contra-like shooters were a great memory.

That looks awesome. I know I'll buy this as soon as it come outs.

Now I can shiv someone and not go to jail. :]

Torque669:

dragonburner:

Maybe not 30 quid but I would fork over some cash for this beauty. Looks brilliant

When he shot that guy while in the air... Damn!

WTF this game should be renamed to "Ultimate Gore" XD

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.