Don't Watch The New STALKER Trailer With the Lights Off

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Don't Watch The New STALKER Trailer With the Lights Off

Ready for some pre-weekend scares? The trailer for the new STALKER game, Call of Pripyat, will send some serious shivers down your spine.

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl was probably the creepiest game I've played since Silent Hill 2. We're talking paranoia and general anxiousness, capped off with legitimate screams that woke up people in rooms all the way on the other side of the building, no exaggeration. Remember the poltergeist level? The first military base where you meet this guy at the end?

I still haven't tried Clear Sky, so I don't know if it lives up to its prequel (or sequel I guess, if you're talking about the story) for scares, but if the first trailer is any indication, the newest STALKER, Call of Pripyat, will definitely not be the type of game you played in your room alone at three in the morning while your housemates are trying to get their beauty sleep.

The clip opens with some slow shots taking us through some creepy looking environments, showcasing GSC Game World's talent for creating atmosphere. Then we find an innocent looking STALKER wandering around some abandoned buildings (bad idea). He's just minding his own business when he's ambushed by one of Call of Pripyat's newest monstrosities, the Burer. I'll just let you watch the video so you can see this disgusting thing for yourself.

Ha, I watched it with the lights off.

In all seriousness, that Burer doesn't really look that great. Its shadow looks like some walking blob... thing.

What the hell was that thing? A mutated midget with telekinesis?

Eh, it's not that bad. I'm more worried about Pseudogiants. And Snorks. And Controllers.

God I hate Controllers. They always freak me out.

...that was meant to be scary? really? no offence Keane, but that really wasn't scary at all.. sorry :P Still, nice trailer, at least it tried ^^

i hope its like shadow of chenobyl, i mean that game scared the crap out of me in the underground labs, especially the bit when something was banging the blast door... i didnt dare enter the code to open it lol

This looks rather good, i love being a PC gamer. I will get this, i almost passed up the first STALKER game.

The severed head on the window sills about one minute in freaked me out. Yoda however, did not.

I've seen scarier trailer. But still looks like a nice game.

Can I just ask are the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games open world?

As soon as I've seen him, I got bored of the trainer.
I don't wan Cherno Bilbo throwing fuckign chairs at me, thanks.
Although the graphics were nice, and this might actually be a pretty decent game.

Asehujiko:
The severed head on the window sills about one minute in freaked me out. Yoda however, did not.

Same here, the setting was well done but what the hell was that floating light thing?

What got me about the blob was that, at first, I didn't even see him enter the room and sneak up on the guy; when I saw that shadow behind him, that was freaky.

Yeeeaaah, this is one of those cases "Get that new computer now". I really need to get rid of this broken laptop, get me a desktop.

Also, what are the odds that this will be as buggy as the last two.

That thing is already in STALKER if you have the Oblivion Lost mod.

dalek sec:

Asehujiko:

Same here, the setting was well done but what the hell was that floating light thing?

I believe that was a Poltergeist.

I failed to find that scary in any way. That's just me though.

Pretty freaky, but the feeling was ruined by the techno music that started up.

Sure, it's an okay trailer, but Call of Pripyat?

PRIPYAT?!

Really? What the hell were they thinking?

I wish they'd stop overusing the fire monster. It made an excellent what the fuck moment in the first game, but it just gets boring now. Also, what the fuck is the dwarf king from Oblivion lost doing there? He just made me laugh.

MasterSqueak:

PRIPYAT?!

What have you got against Pripyat?

That's not in the least bit frightening, the techno music even made me laugh at how it destroyed the creepy atmosphere. Silent hill is god for this game in way of atmosphere

Lights off, not awfully scary to me at the moment, guess its just something that has to be built up over time.

Zombie Badger:

MasterSqueak:

PRIPYAT?!

It reminds me of a certain short methane breathing species of cannon-fodder.

Didnt that thing that jumped him in the end look alot like a hunter from l4dead?

Simalacrum:
...that was meant to be scary? really? no offence Keane, but that really wasn't scary at all.. sorry :P Still, nice trailer, at least it tried ^^

I never finished Silent Hill 2 cause I was too scared. I guess I'm easily frightened!

Jimmy_shredshot:
I've seen scarier trailer. But still looks like a nice game.

Can I just ask are the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games open world?

Well you can take jobs from people around the area and you'll be working for like two or three factions. The other two or three will hate you and try to kill you.

It's somewhat open though, like you got several large areas that you can be in.

As for the trailer. Boooring, looked nice thou and the monster at the end when they turn the camera. That was obvious.

sirdanrhodes:
Yeeeaaah, this is one of those cases "Get that new computer now". I really need to get rid of this broken laptop, get me a desktop.

Also, what are the odds that this will be as buggy as the last two.

Very, VERY high.

Wow...is it just me, or did that look ab-so-lutely horrible. As in bad horrible, not scary horrible. The lightening and all the working up looked cool and got me all tense, and then SHAZAM a mutated blobby midget thing reveals himself, or itself, and only throws a tiny little table before being killed off. The cheap techno tune only made it more laughable.

Also, while I'm no graphics whore, didn't that trailer just look incredibly out-dated? Not just the graphics, but especially the animation. When that guy ducked for the table, that looked not even slightly bad, but completely and utterly crap. I mean...just look at it, he moved like a wooden doll!

MasterSqueak:

Zombie Badger:

MasterSqueak:

PRIPYAT?!

I don't see how it reminds you of grunts.

Keane Ng:
I guess I'm easily frightened!

oh... is that so?

That techno beat killed the atmosphere.

It would be nice though, to play a scary open world shooter. Unfortunatly, I'm not a PC gamer. : >(

Asehujiko:

Yeah. I was looking really closely for how could detail was and theres a decapitated head there. I freaked out abit but yes this does look like quite a frightfest with things jumping out at you and the Atmosphere is fantastic.

MasterSqueak:

Zombie Badger:

MasterSqueak:

PRIPYAT?!

Well what the hell were the supposed to call it? The game takes place in Pripyat.

sune26:
Didnt that thing that jumped him in the end look alot like a hunter from l4dead?

If you're suggesting that they ripped off the Hunter design, you should remember that S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl was made before Left4Dead.

Ok im in a rush so i zoomed through it. Its all there, atosphere, blood, guns. I would like to be scared but its just not working.

This could have been scary with some adjustments. Step one, don't show it's face. That shadowy blob thing was pretty scary before the light revealed that it was just mini me's zombie. Step two, get rid of that ridiculous roar noise. It sounded fucking confused, not angry. Step three, [I] no techno in horror trailers [I]. Those severed heads were really creepy though. I'll give it that.

I wish they'd port the game to Xbox 360. I don't have a PC that play these damn games, and I love horror games.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here