Full-Sized Papercraft Link is Amazing

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Full-Sized Papercraft Link is Amazing

Gaming papercraft models are usually only a few inches high, but this model of Legend of Zelda's Link is a little bit bigger than that.

If you were going to make a life-sized model of Link from Nintendo's Legend of Zelda games, what would you use? Plaster, or maybe plastic, right?

How about paper?

It might not look it from the picture, but the model is built entirely out of paper. It was designed and built by Haywan of the site Papercraft Museum and is quite clearly a labor of love.

There are a number of videos on Papercraft Museum showing the entire process, and if you've got some paper and some spare time, the sword and shield are separate pieces, if you fancy making one of you own.

There are plans so that you can assemble your very own model, but at the time of writing, the site hosted them was down. Check this link a little later on and maybe you'll get lucky.

Source: Kotaku

That is incredible! I must have one....

I know that instructions are included, but I seriously doubt I could pull something like that off.

The person who made that is Really dedicated.
although I'd prefer a robot monkey butler of doom. made of paper.

I love how this papercraft actually looks like it's rendered on a console, something about the lighting and the way it reflects off the paper. It'd be sweet to have this in my apartment.

That is beyond awesome. I wonder how strong the paper that it's made out of is.

Gotta love that, no I need a zero suit samus one in my room... for some reason

I must have one.

*whistles*
It looks like it could just leap out and strike down Gannondorf without breaking a sweat!

Thats pretty cool.

Oh, I wish I could take a close look at that. It looks flawless, but the cynic in me wants to see the creases. I wonder how fragile it is?

Well I feel slightly more incompetent as a craftsman. Amazing work.

Wow, that's amazing. I could never pull of something like that.

I wonder if he would sell that or keep it because of how much he had put into it.

jobobob:
I wonder if he would sell that or keep it because of how much he had put into it.

I know if it were me, I'd keep that thing no matter what someone offered me...

...Unless, of course, I could just make another one. They could buy the spare then.

I need to have this in my house. It would gaurd my door while I sleep.

Link is really short.

That's paper? Jeez Louise.

HOLY...CRAP

Link,huh? Not impressed. But if it was Ratchet or one of TF2 characters...

Satin6T:

Pervert.

Kollega:
Link,huh? Not impressed. But if it was Ratchet or one of TF2 characters...

Satin6T:

Pervert.

I blame society

The attention to detail is simply uncanny. I wish I had that much time on my hands :)

I remeber seeing a site once that had paper statues too... but these ones were much, much more detailed, mainly because they used a different method of construction... I think they used a lot more advanced technology, like using moulds, etc. They were more like Greek/Roman statues rather than this kind of stuff. I'll post a link if/when I find it.

I have to admit though, this is pretty damn impressive too... the ones I originally saw weren't painted or anything, so this one does look prettier.

now all they need to do is start making these in flatpack kits and they'd make a fortune

No way is Link that tall, no way. xD

But impressed, all the same.

I'm stunned by the amazigness of this schulpture.
Paper Link > Paper Mario! Only becouse he's real.

Sporky111:
Oh, I wish I could take a close look at that. It looks flawless, but the cynic in me wants to see the creases. I wonder how fragile it is?

I'll check! *runs toward it with hammer*

OT- awesome, quite impressive piece of work

I dont think ive ever wanted something this badly before. :|

That is literally incredible.
And it must've been a fair bit of work.

Dibs!

Bwah! I've called it.

Wow, whoever did that did a good job. I need to look up paper craft on Wikipedia.

Flying-Emu:
Slow news day?

Its Sunday.. Nobody is working, so Id guess yeah ?

This thing is awesome, I hope it can go the distance, but I guess after a couple of months is will curl and the ink will yellow, but still, a really nice achievement.

That is actually amazing. I'm suitably impressed!

The full videos explain how it is made, it's not as hard as one might think, but still...
LOADS of time spent on that model, I would really like to get a hold of it. XD

oshin:

Flying-Emu:
Slow news day?

Its Sunday.. Nobody is working, so Id guess yeah ?

This thing is awesome, I hope it can go the distance, but I guess after a couple of months is will curl and the ink will yellow, but still, a really nice achievement.

The ink will yellow? What do you mean by that?

Holy.....crap. Someone must be extremly dedicated to the Legend of Zelda.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.