UPDATE: Entire Scribblenauts Vocabulary Now (Unofficially) Online

Pages 1 2 NEXT

UPDATE: Entire Scribblenauts Vocabulary Now (Unofficially) Online

Though Scribblenauts won't be hitting shelves officially until tomorrow, the game's entire 22,802 word vocabulary is now online for your perusal/cheating pleasure.

Don't quite grasp what a huge list of words has to do with a cutesy Nintendo DS title? In Scribblenauts the goal is to solve puzzles by typing words into the game, which the game will then convert into items that your character can use within the game world. With 22,802 options, you can imagine how expansive the gameplay can get.

Included in the list are terms you'd expect, such as "cat," "dog," and "evaporative cooler," but what's really impressive is that the developers went to huge lengths to include really obscure terms that seem aimed directly at the biology faculty at your local university.

"Hexachlorocyclopentadiene" anyone?

Update: The vocabulary list we linked to may not be the full list of words found in Scribblenauts. "That was leaked by a hacker who does not know anything," said lead designer Jeremiah Slaczka in an interview with Fast Company. Continuing, Slaczka revealed that the game's final vocabulary contains more than the 22,802 words found in the leaked list.

(Image)

It strikes Me that anyone would want to ruin their imagination with this game so early.

From what I have heard this game has been Pirated like hell (Which Distresses Me since I'm from the Uk and loads of you Americans seem to be doing it despite the game being out tomorrow)

I suppose Science terms are hard to find

Earnest Cavalli:

Only if it's properly seasoned. Might I recommend phloroglucinol?

This ruins the game for me. I want to use my own imagination to solve things, not someone else's.

Radeonx:
This ruins the game for me. I want to use my own imagination to solve things, not someone else's.

So don't read the list. I'm not.

22,000 words though? That's insane.

So, according to this list, Master Chief is going to be in Scribblenauts?

Radeonx:

Yes, but if you don't read it, then you don't have that problem... maybe.
I'll buy it after a couple of people review it. (and those reviews are good)
Not worth it to me otherwise.

Well good thing somebody dragged my imagination out and shot it in the head

...is what I would be saying if I looked at it. And if anybody needs to see a vocabulary list for this game to make a decision on buying this game, then I think you just might be doing it wrong.

mydogisblue:

A combined Nintendo and MS unit to fight off sony?

/fanboymode

jk

That's one helluva list "Master Chief and keyboard cat fighting a goth and dweeb combo w00t"

I can't help but think that this for the PC would be awesome mods ect.

Man am I excited for this game, tomorrow cant come soon enough!

I'm saddened. Vindaloo isn't there. Nor is Phall. Or Madras, Dupiaza, Bhuna, Korma, Biriyani, Dhansak, Passanda, Jalfrezi or any of the Myriad other words I'd immediately try.

After all, what's the point of a game without a good Curry? (And yes, Curry is there. But everyone who knows good food knows that you can't just ask for a Curry - who know's what you'd get?)

how can you use Hexachlorocyclopentadiene to solve puzzles? from what i understood from the wiki page its some illegal cheap liquid.

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

I saw A-Bomb Shelter on the list. Guess what's going to be the first thing that I make?

I found my new favorite word, American Pokeweed.

Also, it has ass *tee hee*

swaki:
how can you use Hexachlorocyclopentadiene to solve puzzles? from what i understood from the wiki page its some illegal cheap liquid.

It's essentially an unrefined pesticide that has been widely criticized as being overly toxic.

Honestly, I can't imagine a puzzle I couldn't solve with a bucket of super poison.

popdafoo:
Guess what's going to be the first thing that I make?

An octopus?
Just kidding ;)

I for one will certainly be getting this game.

I'm gonna type "Keyboard Cat" first.

Earnest Cavalli:

swaki:

It's essentially an unrefined pesticide that has been widely criticized as being overly toxic.

Honestly, I can't imagine a puzzle I couldn't solve with a bucket of super poison.

get the star from the floating platform? from the screen shots i have seen most of the puzzles are variations of that.

but thanks for the answer, i honestly had no idea what it was^^

Apparently that list isn't right. 'HIV' is not in the game, says people I know who pirated the game.

Dammit I can't find Chuck Norris.

I wonder what a Noob is in-game though.

They have "Communist"! I need this game.

That's a lot of words O_O.

neat-o

The thing is; This would be cool with an advanced game engine. With physics and destruction engines. Without it, it's only an impressive 'meh' from me. I realize how hard it would be to accomplish that, but if the game will be a huge success, maybe that will be the next step, same game with better technology.

mydogisblue:

It's an actual military position, I think.

scnj:

Radeonx:

So don't read the list. I'm not.

22,000 words though? That's insane.

It's more than that. The creative director officially said that the hacker doesn't know shit, and that there are more than 22,000 words in the game.

http://kotaku.com/5359310/scribblenauts-word-count-higher-than-reported

Earnest Cavalli:

Which would be extremely useful against an insect level.

Earnest Cavalli:
cutesy

You do like that word, don't you? At least it's not cutesy poo. I guess you're more man than me...

Oh hell yeah, Reptilian is there. I'm definitely getting this.

popdafoo:
OH MY FUCKING GOD.

I saw A-Bomb Shelter on the list. Guess what's going to be the first thing that I make?

Save it for a specific level. You'll know it when you read the description. I saw someone else play it.

OP: That isn't exactly right, is it? One of the joys of Scribblenauts is to find out the words for yourself.

BATHYSPHERE
BEC DE CORBIN

Oh man this is awesome.

Wow.

Just, wow. Tomorrow be now please?

pimppeter2:

mydogisblue:

A combined Nintendo and MS unit to fight off sony?

/fanboymode

jk

If anything it should be $ony and M$ that should combine to create Captain Planet and destroy the Evil Money Printing firm Nintendo.

As long as they've got Cthulu... I don't care =P

Ha, I found jet pack. I WIN THE GAME!

So... to blow something up you might be able to write "Toluene", "Fuming Nitric Acid", "Conc. Sulphuric Acid" and "Refluxing Apparatus", then form trinitrotoluene? Ahh... apparently not. None of those words are on that list. Though oddly "Aqua Regia" which is a mixture of two other acids is.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here