Team Fortress 2: The (Fake?) Engineer Update

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Team Fortress 2: The (Fake?) Engineer Update

Another day, another amazingly good fake Team Fortress 2 update, this time around featuring the Engineer and some new maps and equipment for everybody's favorite wrench-wielding problem solver.

The TF2 Guard Dog "update" was damn good but this one is downright amazing. In fact, it's so well done that I'm not entirely convinced it's not real even though the fine print at the bottom of the update clearly says, "This is a fake." But the art is flawless, the writing is believable and the ideas behind it all seem perfectly reasonable to me: A radio controlled, hydrogen-filled mini-blimp mobile dispenser and The Hellraiser, a radioactive nail gun that not only does damage but also leaves a radioactive trail, making hidden or cloaked enemies easy to track down. (Also, as the update cleverly notes, it's a "Radioactive Nail Gun.")

At first, I was completely taken in by the update but its appearance on a Brazilian TF2 site and nowhere else left me a bit nervous; the fact that Diogo Lima, the man behind the TF2 Guard Dog, also hails from Brazil is probably just coincidental but didn't do anything to put my mind at ease. A closer look at the site eventually led to the admission that it is in fact a fake, along with an email address that presumably leads to the creator.

And yet, a part of me can't let go of the thought that maybe this isn't a fake at all. Maybe it's actually a double-fake, a real update masquerading as a fan-made work that's been posted on a Brazilian site as a tip of the hardhat to Mr. Lima. Maybe Valve is answering cleverness with cleverness of its own. Maybe everyone so proudly claiming that they saw through the ruse from the moment they laid eyes on it are in fact about to fall victim to an even deeper form of cunning and misdirection!

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, whether it's a stealthy fake-out by Valve or a fantastically well-done fake-out by somebody else entirely, the Engineer Update is not to be missed. Have a gander and decide for yourself at teamfortress.com.br.

Thanks to Medical for the tip.

Damn, I hope it isn't fake. THat blimp sounds cool.

This better be made real. This is so awesome. Valve needs to update the Engineer, anyways, so why not let fan-based content be used?

I hope that's real I think It'll be awesome to have that thing!

Pretty sweet. Whether fake or otherwise.

It looks a little too well made...

I get the feeling it might just be a double-fake out.

What do I care I play the crappy xbox version which valve doesn't give a damn about.

It's obviously fake. Take the time to actually look at it. At the bottom it says "this is a fake by [email protected]". Also, KOTH achievement_idle. That destroys any possible chance of this being real.

That being said, it does look cool. If only because the design for the Rad gun is neat.

The blimp would work if the engie had to ride it to move it, floating for a bit in the air if it goes off a cliff then slowly going down.

Personally, I reckon the guard dog was done way better.

Internet Kraken:
It's obviously fake. Take the time to actually look at it. At the bottom it says "this is a fake by [email protected]". Also, KOTH achievement_idle. That destroys any possible chance of this being real.

That being said, it does look cool. If only because the design for the Rad gun is neat.

That map had a true Valve description. Considering the amount of hate they got from people who complained about idleness being cheating.

But its fake.

Douk:
The blimp would work if the engie had to ride it to move it, floating for a bit in the air if it goes off a cliff then slowly going down.

Then you would get kamikaze engineers riding the blimp into large groups of enemies just to have it explode next to them.

Actually, that sounds awesome.

It's almost deffinitely fake, but it would be pretty damn fun if it wasn't.

The maps look pretty fake to me, but that may just be part of the ruse. Damn Valve for being so mysterious!

With 90 hours played on Engie, I really want those achievements. To hell with the weapons. :)

I dunno if I like this, as an in game "item", basically because it goes kaboom.

Also, why a blimp??

Maybe those 2 replace the dispenser and pistol, and the Guard Dog replaces the sentry and teleporters? I can see Valve doing that now...

I am not quite sure what to make of this. The ideas behind this (fake or not) update are actually quite sound, and I can honestly see VALVe coming up with this.

Ive contributed my part to this website.

I hate people.

Why must they tease me so.

The Writing style dosn't quite fit with any other patch pages that Valve has realeased, it seems too straightforward, for instance, in the spy update, Valve had roughly seven other items on a 'Purchase Form' that were not updates, this has no such distractions, oddly straightforward, so im going to say its a fake. But if I had to choose which one I wish was real, I'd go for the Guard Dog, without a heart beat to think about it.

-This-is-Hip-Hop

Fake or otherwise, I MUST HAVE THIS.

Your Post alone Confused the 'Ell outta me, Lord help those who actually play the game.

In all seriousness, sounds cool. I'm sure the people who play the game will be more than happy with it, considering it's real.

Ok that is a damn good (fake) update // Which reminds me, I have got to get my TF2 workin again

-M

The update is a spy!!

You give Valve too much credit.

D4zZ:
I dunno if I like this, as an in game "item", basically because it goes kaboom.

Also, why a blimp??

WHY INDEEED!

Why do I feel that this is all a big distraction and we're about to be backstabbed by some ass spy?

You know that a video game company is great when they do so many unexpected things that an update to their game that clearly states that it's a fake gets you to start thinking about perhaps a double cross, that they're playing mind games with you.

*Sparkly Eyed* I love you Valve!

/fanboy (sorry)

Anyone else catch the two Hellraiser references on the Nail Gun page?

This actually sounds like it would be pretty good if it was real. Quite useful, but also balanced by the ka-BOOOM!

VALVe should make this reality.

Hmm...I wonder if this could be real in any way shape or form. Maybe Valve is trying to tell us something...maybe...

eh that radioactive nail gun is OP...

Also I'm pretty sure that the blimp will get caught on corners, n such. Also the possiblities of kamikaze engis is veeeery high.

Meh good fan work.

I want the Radioactive Nail Gun!!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.