NES Mod Fits in NES Cartridge

Pages 1 2 NEXT

With a media player, some skill with a soldering iron and a little bit of imagination a modder has stuck a NES into a NES Cartridge.

As you can see from the video, that's a fully working NES emulator stuff in to a NES cartridge, with an actual controller built in as well.

The mod is work of Airz, from the forums of veteran modder Ben Heck. Airz said of the project:

"My nesP is basically a noname china brand portable media player, with the advantage of being able to play nes roms, and a nes controller hacked to the controls. First off the buttons on the original media player just sucked, they were so small and tight that my fingers could not easily push them. So I got the idea of modding a nes controller to it ... it worked perfect, it was like it was made to fit."

Source: 8 Bit Fix via Go Nintendo

Wow... I want one of those. They did a great job of hacking it.

That is pretty freaking sweet. If they sold those on the open market I think I would buy one. Awesome job of modding with the skills!

That is epic!!
Reminds me of the xbox360/laptop someone made before.

The mind reels at the paradoxical implications of this man's innovation.

...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

And if you plugged it into an NES, would it play NES games that you could in turn play NES games on that...oog, my brain hurts.

It be neat if they added a card reader so you could plug in an NES cartridge to play on the NES cartridge :)

great now i have the tetris song stuck in my head ...

nilcypher:

Why did you report on this but not tell us the price?!

I mean, he has to be selling it!! Every man has his price!!!!

I would buy this. It can't be horribly expensive, however.

Basically a handheld NES?

I would buy that instantly if it was on the open market.

Fritzvalt:

You'd be surprised by how expensive it can be.

Are there any schematics for this modification?

crazyhaircut94:

Fritzvalt:

You'd be surprised by how expensive it can be.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Super-Mario-Bros-Duck-Hunt-Nintendo_W0QQitemZ150377925461QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item2303390b55&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

That and add a cheap MP3 player and you got yourself a NES emulator. Add a NES controller to that too.

The Great JT:
...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

And if you plugged it into an NES, would it play NES games that you could in turn play NES games on that...oog, my brain hurts.

Mine too. I think if he put it in an NES, a dimensional rift would open and we'd be invaded by sentient mushrooms that speak dutch and demand to be fed herrings.

That right there, is the awesome thing of the week. Simply amazingly well done.

Souplex:
Cool but it is no Nintoaster. http://www.stupidfingers.com/projects/nintoaster/

It's not a Nintoaster because it's better than a Nintoaster.

The Great JT:
...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Yo Dawg I hear you like NES Games so we put NES Games on your NES Game so you can play NES Games while you NES Game.

Considering i still play my NES games now, i want one.

That is seriously awesome. I want one! Or two! -considers adding a multi-player function-

AceDiamond:

The Great JT:
...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Yo Dawg I hear you like NES Games so we put NES Games on your NES Game so you can play NES Games while you NES Game.

DAMN IT XZIBT

That is awesome....I want one.

Souplex:
Cool but it is no Nintoaster. http://www.stupidfingers.com/projects/nintoaster/

That is by far the coolest Toatster I've ever wanted. It only helps that the guy doing the video looks and sounds a bit like a tech-savvy Bruce Campbell.

I want one.
I just wish that the space time continuum would stay intact but still awesome.

that guy can make some serious freaking money if he sold those openly/got endorced by nintendo. and it probably be cheap to make to, so they could sell boatloads of them at cheap prices

AceDiamond:

The Great JT:
...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Thank you! Now I don't have to say it.

The Great JT:
...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Yeah, it's kinda of a mind bender.

I do believe I've just soiled myself.

seriously.. I'm sure any retro gamer would pay a mint for that... since he knows how to make it, he should make more, just like that, because I'd buy one right now, but I don't want to compete with riled up nerds over the only one in existence.

This is probably the greatest thing ever... are there any schematics for it?
Link Please... :~)

EDIT: Also There's an older one too...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/84848-Coolest-Mod-of-the-Day-NES-Cartridge-to-NES-System

Do you still have to blow into it to make it work?

For that matter, would plugging that cartridge onto an actual NES be like dividing by zero?

Either way I want it, but wish the guy could splurge for some halfway decent speakers.

While I do congratulate the modder for his effort in practice it is kind of a waste concidering I (and everyone else) can play perfectly emulated NES-games on my Nintendo DS/PSP.
While there certinly is a retro feel to it and a cetain level of genous ingenuity to it; in reality it is not really something I would use when there's better and easier options to play perfectly emulated NES games.

CyberAkuma:
While I do congratulate the modder for his effort in practice it is kind of a waste concidering I (and everyone else) can play perfectly emulated NES-games on my Nintendo DS/PSP.
While there certinly is a retro feel to it and a cetain level of genous ingenuity to it; in reality it is not really something I would use when there's better and easier options to play perfectly emulated NES games.

If someone wanted to sell you the original super mario bros with case, manual and receipt for $1 BUT the catch is you can never sell it, would you buy it for your old NES? Many would say yes, but surely they're wasting their dollars as you can get the rom and a .pdf of the manual from the internet.
People still like physical objects, it's why there is still a market for classic retro games with manuals and boxes on ebay and the like.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.