Brutal Legend "Hell Yeah!" TV Spot Celebrates Mr. Eddie Riggs

Brutal Legend "Hell Yeah!" TV Spot Celebrates Mr. Eddie Riggs

Is EA betting on Brutal Legend being a big title for this fall/holiday season? If this television ad is any indication, the answer is a resounding "Hell Yeah!"

Tim Schafer may have done himself good by landing EA as the publisher for Brutal Legend. The software giant has deep pockets, and the willingness to take a gamble on Brutal Legend being worth its money. In order to ensure that the game recoups expenses, EA is clearly trying to get the game's name out there via advertisements.

Oh sure, it's not the sort of marketing full-court press we'd see for a Halo game, or that we're likely to see for Modern Warfare 2, but it's a fun little commercial. The song is cheesy, goofy typical metal, and more than a little catchy. Some of my colleagues in this business might not like it, but I think it does a pretty good job at selling the title to a wider audience that might have otherwise lacked interest.

Now I just have to will the end of the work day to come faster so I can go home and play it already.

(via Joystiq)

I'm glad its getting so much press; I'm not glad Americans get it three days before me.

I am still unsure of getting this, not that advertisements usually have any effect on me.

Textbook Bobcat:
I'm glad its getting so much press; I'm not glad Americans get it three days before me.

This Friday, the MINUTE I get my lunch break, I am buying this game.

This is possibly the best ad ever. And the first one I truly like. I need to buy this: NOW!

hell im getting a buddy to run in at 9.00 and get me this hey everyone give it up for tim

sirdanrhodes:

Textbook Bobcat:

This Friday, the MINUTE I get my lunch break, I am buying this game.

Unfortunately I'm away on business until late Saturday, so I can purchase and look at it - but probably won't play it until Sunday.

That... Was the best fucking commercial I have ever seen. HELL YEAH!

That sucked donkey balls. The music that is.

The last two seconds of that are priceless.

It's a topsy turvy world when EA throws it's weight behind Tim Schafer. Let's hope it only gets topsier...

It's fun, it's silly, it's catchy, and it works for what it's supposed to do.

Sure it's not some kind of epic heavy metal anthem, but I'd say that it's perfect for this ad. After all, they're selling a videogame, not the latest album of the Trve Kvlt Frosbitten Mountains of Black Grimness.

I'd rather have some meh commercials and see the game sell well than no commercials and reduced sales (aka, Tim's previous adventure, Psychonauts.)

Well that just made my day. Too bad it is not coming out for the PC. I wish this game the best holiday sales even if I will not be contributing to them.

I'm not much of a metal fan, being a Mod. but it looks promising.

Now if only they make a Mod game with Paul Weller and scooters....OH and plenty of Skinheads to beat the shit out of! Cookie for who ever spots the movie reference.

Dude it works, 2 listens and I can't get the song out of head.

What a cool ad! I'm a bit leery of getting the game outright, because in a few weeks I'm going to be taking it in the wallet from Dragon Age and Modern Warfare 2. Same reason I'll probably have to pass on Borderlands as well. I will almost certainly rent this game, though.

Textbook Bobcat:

think about it for a second...........

its because we get everything before anyone even swine flu!

as for the commercial........yea...... I hate not having this game yet, but because it came out on a tuesday means the stores here wont get it til tomorrow. [good thing tomorrow is payday!]

This game better earn the money it deserves.

This is such a strange feeling...to feel like I'm actually getting my money's worth in a new game.

Lemme get a "Hell Yeah!"

Damn that's a catchy song....it's stuck in my head now...damn it.

It's good once you get into it. Honest. Hell yeah.

Possibly the best ad ever

If I didn't already own this title I'd be out buying it now. Ok enough online time I have to go unwrap and play it. I had to stare at the wrapped disk case for hours last night and I almost had a hernia from keeping myself away. Today is gonna be awesome.

DamienHell:
Possibly the best ad ever

Not possibly.
Definitely.

awesome now where to get 60$? and i need that

Awesome commercial was awesome.

Electronic Arts is alot like Telstra. They may not be the most popular, but because of their almost unbelievably deep pockets, they can afford to do an incredible amount of heavy lifting. I mean, who do you think ran those huge fiber optic cables under the ocean that connects us over here in Australia to the rest of the world? Telstra. Why? Because they have all the money damnit!

The above avatar describes how I am feeling...

The music in the add sounded like pop/rock, and barely any of it was acctually metal. Lols

nah metal is as cheesy as cheese and is fucking awesome :D just like brutal legend :D

I think every single game that is rated M should have that jingle this one had at the end of the video.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.