Voice of Mario Reveals Unannounced Mario Videogame

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Voice of Mario Reveals Unannounced Mario Videogame

Nintendo has more Mario titles in development than you are currently aware of, can you believe it?

Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario, has revealed with a few tweets that a new Mario videogame is in development other than New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy. It began over a week ago with this: "Mama Mia!!!! I'm going to Seattle this week to record a new Mario game! Woo Hooo!!!!! I can hardly wait!!!!1"

Martinet is so happy to be who he is that it's perfectly understandable that he types ones instead of exclamation points. Just in case you weren't aware, he not only does the voice of Mario, but also Luigi, Waluigi, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and Wario, amongst others. This guy's got it made, doing voices that we all probably do just as well in our homes.

His next tweet exclaimed: "Big day tomorrow! Seattle for a new Mario game! Yippee!!! And just as a joke, it's going to rain....in San Francisco tomorrow!" Oh Martinet, saying it's going to rain somewhere, you card. His tweet that stirred up the furor over a new Mario videogame declared: "Awesome new Mario Game! And it's not NSMB Wii, and it's not Galaxy 2, but it's going to be crazy fun!"

So there you have it, the Mario videogame franchise will continue beyond what has been officially announced. Will it be the sequel to Mario is Missing that the world, no, the entire universe, has been waiting for? Could it be... gasp... Mario Party 9? Or maybe Nintendo will skip right to Mario Party 10 and it'll be a MMOG? Any of those would be awful; hopefully it'll be an awesome new creation. My money is on a new 2D Mario for the Nintendo DS, though I've only bet a penny because Mario is associated with so many properties that it could be anything.

(Via:GoNintendo)

Mario Multiverse maybe?

Wow, there's been a lot of early announcements recently, huh?
I personally hope that it's Grand theft Mario: Mushroom Kingdom.

One can dream.

Eoin Livingston:
Mario Multiverse maybe?

Wrong! Mario Space Time Continuim!

Am I the only one who can't stand the Mario voice?

Eh.

Back on topic.

I must admit I'm absolutely stumped as to what this game may be.

BrotherhoodOfSteel:

Eoin Livingston:
Mario Multiverse maybe?

Nah that game bombed as it caused paradoxes

Eoin Livingston:

BrotherhoodOfSteel:

Eoin Livingston:
Mario Multiverse maybe?

Which ones?

Oh new idea! Super Mario Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

Super Mario crossover game for sure.

Wow, that guy just made the top of my list for favorite voice actors. And a new Mario game would be kick-ass.

Fifa: Mario World Cup 2010.

They usually do sport events and they have did the football thing before:P

The question begs to be asked, but since Mario and crew only make the same generic noises wouldn't this guy's job have ended quite some time ago? Why keep wasting money on new recordings if you've got zillions of stock recordings that all sound the same?

Please be a Paper Mario game in the style of the first two! Please!

BrotherhoodOfSteel:

Eoin Livingston:

BrotherhoodOfSteel:

Eoin Livingston:
Mario Multiverse maybe?

Which ones?

Oh new idea! Super Mario Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

Thank you for making me throw up a little. I like the Grand Theft Mario:Mushroom Kingdom idea, but where you play Luigi and always get calls from Mario to go save the Princess or go turtle hopping.

Mario: God Edition. With Wii Waggle Action.

You know you want it.

SirBryghtside:

hazabaza1:
Wow, there's been a lot of early announcements recently, huh?
I personally hope that it's Grand theft Mario: Mushroom Kingdom.

One can dream.

Or MarioKart - the way it should be.

(go to movies, Flash, and then Mario Kartnage)

Yes.
I would play that a lot.

I'll put my money on a new Paper Mario.

KeyMaster45:
The question begs to be asked, but since Mario and crew only make the same generic noises wouldn't this guy's job have ended quite some time ago? Why keep wasting money on new recordings if you've got zillions of stock recordings that all sound the same?

nah i think they need him to perform the dialog in the boring and useless cutscenes

couldnt care really, but it is impressive to see that this guy does so many voices, hes like the seth mcfarline of nintendo...

Mama Mia...

A new Super Smash Bros.?

Mario Party online does sound like a pretty good game the more I think about it, get to it Nintendo!

LilGherkin:
Mario Party online does sound like a pretty good game the more I think about it, get to it Nintendo!

Wouldn't mind that.
Bring on the next Mario game.

He thinks !!!1 is funny.

*Only cool people will get this* Bring on the impalement.

Now guys, let's be original... Mario Goes through out several periods of the Mushroom Kingdom (Like certain area's going through certain periods of time), that would be a perfect Mario Game for me after Galaxy...

am i the only one here shocked that this guy still has a job?, i never really noticed any difference in marios dialog over the past years, i was assuming that they just got him in one day to record the next 40 years of mario material.

also im shocked that they are making yet another mario game, i know this series isnt really known for its epic storytelling but still they have to come up whit a different take on mario each time, and since its to soon to make a new mario cart game i am (for the first time since mario cart 64) actually curious/looking forward to see the new mario game.

Ignore this post. Internet playing up, didn't think other post went through.

Ah, Twitter. Is there no end to the early announcements you will give us.

Obviously it's going to be either a Mario RTS, directing the Koopa to attack the near-invincible and ever-respawning forces of plumbers and mushrooms, or a management sim, directing the day-to-day life of the Mushroom Kingdom with an iron fist.

Mario Party 9 sounds plausible, as it's been quite some time since 8 came out.

My money is on "Epic Mario".

Aside from that, I can't think of what else they can make with Mario...However, I'm not a Mario fan.

Voltano:

Aside from that, I can't think of what else they can make with Mario...However, I'm not a Mario fan.

Man, how awesome would that be.

Perhaps it will finally be a Super Mario Extreme Underwater Basket Weaving fame. I've been wanting one of those for ages!

paper mario ds? get iyt made nintendo!

Voltano:

I could see that. Lesser known Nintendo characters like...uh...characters I don't know about kidnapping Mario.
Edit: Why do I get the feeling it's going to be Super Princess Peach 2?

Mario! Weegee! Woohoo! Let's-a go!

(been playing Bowser's Inside Story and that voice has wormed its way into the deepest recesses of my brain!)

or a management sim, directing the day-to-day life of the Mushroom Kingdom with an iron fist.

I would SO buy a Wii to play that.

Im guessing its a DS game, hopefully not

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook