Adorable Chinese Dinosaur Shamelessly Rips Off Mario Galaxy

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Adorable Chinese Dinosaur Shamelessly Rips Off Mario Galaxy

Chinese PC game Duludubi Star may look a bit familiar to people who played the excellent Super Mario Galaxy - disturbingly familiar, in fact.

Okay, to be fair, this isn't the first Chinese clone (in Chinese, shanzai) of an already-existing game that we've ever seen - nor is it only China that shamelessly copies-and-pastes - but for the love of Yoshi, guys, could you be a little less obvious about this one?

Duludubi Star is a PC platformer starring a cute little baby dragon-thing as he leaps his way around spherical planetoids, flies through the stars, and fights a guy who looks strangely like Petey Piranha. Oh, and he collects stars. From the worlds to the very familiar-looking puzzles to the camera angles used as the protagonist soars from section to section, this is unmistakably Mario Galaxy. I mean, seeing how Galaxy was (in this writer's humble opinion) one of the best games so far of the generation, you could have certainly picked a worse game to rip off, to be sure.

I lived in China for half a year while studying abroad, and this is one of the most shameless rip-offs I've seen from the company yet.

(Via Kotaku)

Even getting the stars looked similar.
SUPER DINOSAUR GALAXY

Well least I won't have to buy a Wii now to play Mario Galaxy.

I always find it funny when they do this. It's like Indian Bollywood ripping off western movies. It's so shameless it's funny.

A dinosaur version of anything has got to be better then the original

In all seriousness, someone will get sued for this

they are going to get sued big time.
hasent any one learned from the great gina sisters on the pc, any mario ripoff on the pc will get sued fast, real fast

Cue people defending this game, and everyone else laughing at them, a la H.A.V.E. online.

Remember the game with Nazis riding Dinosaurs? A game with dinosaurs make it even more awesome no matter what. China just made Super Mario Galaxy even more awesome than before.

I wonder if Nintendo will crush this like they crushed "The Great Gianna Sisters" for the C64 all those years ago.

Interesting. I was wondering how long it would take for us to see a Galaxy knock-off.

that is awful.

i hate how dinosaurs have to steal everyones ideas. (where are the pirates?)

WOW! Thats really pathetic. I hope they get sued.

Chinese and ripoff in the same headline?

That's not very surprising news.

It's not exactly a country that stimulates independent thinking.

H.A.V.E. was debatable, but this is hilariously obvious as a ripoff.

Dinasaur planet?

Star Fox Adventure anyone?

"China; because after hundreds of years of oppression, we've finally had the last dips of imagination taken from us."

ChromeAlchemist:
Cue people defending this game, and everyone else laughing at them, a la H.A.V.E. online.

I was one of H.A.V.E's defenders.

I think that this game is a shameless ripoff though.

To be honest it looks ok for a rip-off, its blatent, but at least it doesnt look too suckish.

Blimey, that is a little to samey for my liking.
But still, its a dinosaur....i can let it ride.

i smell a lawsuit!

*clears throat/crap Italian accent* It'sa me a Spyrio

I honestly cannot believe this is the nation which originally invented compass, paper, silk, and gunpowder. Can they at least TRY to make something of their own design nowadays instead of just copying what everyone else does? Does not seem so.

Not only is this a complete rip off of Mario Galaxy, the music is also stolen from Overlord.

I smell a double lawsuit comming up!

Never before have I wanted to pet a dinosaur so badly...

Wasn't China once the most innovative part of the world? At least the ancient world? What the hell happened?

OMFG. OMFG. Lol this is hilarious.

I will never consider China a nation worthy of my respect until they start respecting copyright

Arawn.Chernobog:
I will never consider China a nation worthy of my respect until they start respecting copyright

My thoughts exactly, good sir.

But my first reaction to this vid? Fucking loooooooooool.

Oh, China, you just can't stop surprising me.
What will you copy next?

This is such a blunt rip-off you just can't be angry at them. It's actually funny.

Did anyone else notice that they were even using the Overlord trailer music in this, er...well, trailer? Or was that just me?

Not as bad as the H.A.V.E. or something game that is a direct COPY of TF2.

But still, this looks like it'd be fun, I wouldn't pay for this of course, but still a short moment of "Lols".

Doki Doki Panic! karma had to catch up sooner or later

Simalacrum:
Not only is this a complete rip off of Mario Galaxy, the music is also stolen from Overlord.

I smell a double lawsuit comming up!

Dammit ninja'd

Izzil:

Wasn't China once the most innovative part of the world? At least the ancient world? What the hell happened?

Communism happened.

You people calling for lawsuits are hilarious. What makes you think anyone can touch them? The Chinese government encourages and supports this type of behavior.

That actually seems like a pretty decent game, even if it is a blatant ripoff of Super Mario Galaxy. Though when you think about it, half the great games these days are ripped off each other (look at any generic space shooter, and yes, that's coming from a self confessed Halo and a Valve fanboy...). That said, China are pretty bad when it comes down to stealing copyrighted works and so on...

CUnk:

Izzil:

Communism happened.

You people calling for lawsuits are hilarious. What makes you think anyone can touch them? The Chinese government encourages and supports this type of behavior.

As I said before, centuries of oppression (not just the Communists) has breed in the Chinese a lack of imagination; the 'cultural revolution' didn't help either!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here