Adorable Chinese Dinosaur Shamelessly Rips Off Mario Galaxy

Pages PREV 1 2

scotth266:

ChromeAlchemist:
Cue people defending this game, and everyone else laughing at them, a la H.A.V.E. online.

I was one of H.A.V.E's defenders.

I think that this game is a shameless ripoff though.

Oh yeah, you were weren't you?

Well that debate has pretty much subsided without anyone changing their perception of that game from their first look at the trailer until now, I don't see that changing in the future either (p.s. we weren't really laughing!).

This one is just too obvious for a defence though, isn't it?

This game looks awesome to me. A dinosaur rocketing around the galaxy doing stuff lol.

ChromeAlchemist:

scotth266:

ChromeAlchemist:
Cue people defending this game, and everyone else laughing at them, a la H.A.V.E. online.

Well that debate has pretty much subsided without anyone changing their perception of that game from their first look at the trailer until now, I don't see that changing in the future either (p.s. we weren't really laughing!).

Yeah, at least H.A.V.E looked like it had a different pace and a few changed gameplay mechanics. This is just SMG with a dino face slapped onto it.

scotth266:

ChromeAlchemist:

scotth266:

ChromeAlchemist:

Yeah, at least H.A.V.E looked like it had a different pace and a few changed gameplay mechanics. This is just SMG with a dino face slapped onto it.

God bless China, the counterfeit capital of the world.

Finally, a lawsuit that is actually justified.

Hey look, it's Mario Galaxy 2!
No?

they even stole overlord's theme for the trailer music!

Well actually the Gianna Sisters are now appearing in their own Nintendo DS game so NINTENDO shall absorb the puny dinosaur and make it their own!!! MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

UrMrGay becomes UrDinoGay I guess... Though I have to say the dino is cute, and I'd pay a mint for plushies of it.

Someone is getting back at Mario for ripping Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic as Super Mario Bros 2. And this isn't any different than 3D Dot Game Heroes (vs Zelda) to which I'm definitely looking forward to!

So they replaced Mario with Squirtle, added some odd, different bosses, and called it good?

Geez, even EA puts in more effort than that.

Dawwww is so cute!

This makes me think of this Sonic rip-off in China. It's basically Sonic and Tails in some strange fusion. o_o
And it was for some sort of product... toothpaste, maybe? >_>

And for the ending of the game, the dino will say, ''Welcome New Galaxy'' in a yoshi type language.

You know they're just doing this to make it more accessible for the people of china. Doesn't mario have to lose his mustache when ported past the great firewall of China?

Ha I keed, but still they have good in their hearts its not a money making scheme.

Well, if you're gonna blatantly rip off a game, might as well rip off one of the best games of the generation, and maybe the decade.

That music is from Overlord too.

I am intrigued into playing this. I may have to purchase an import copy of it soon.

It is like the Great Giana Sisters that came out 20 years ago. It was a shameless ripoff of the mario bros and the company, Ocean, marketed it as such. It was sued out if existence back then, but 20 years later, a DS upgrade got the okay from Nintendo.

Is it just me, or did the dinosaur remind you of a blue croc?

Its like croc and super mario galaxy in some twisted combined form...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.