Agoraphobe Brings the Ruckus to Bill Gates

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Agoraphobe Brings the Ruckus to Bill Gates

The litigation-happy Erik Estavillo has decided it's time to take down Microsoft's big man in charge: Bill Gates.

Bill Gates may have met his match in Erik Estavillo, a modern-day cowboy of sorts that is holding major corporations responsible for screwing up his ability to play videogames. A simple search for Erik Estavillo will reveal the history he has with Sony, Blizzard, and other companies. Estavillo has now subpoenaed Bill Gates to appear in his recent lawsuit against Microsoft, where Estavillo seeks $75,000 in compensation for his Xbox 360's red ring of death and the sadness it created in his life.

Estavillo has demanded that Gates bring "documents pertaining to the true and relative number of actual Xbox 360 units that have been fixed by Microsoft over the past 3 years," and he also wants to know how many people have been banned from Xbox Live for piracy in the past year. As much as I think Estavillo is a little bit... over-zealous, I wouldn't mind finding out the truth about the Xbox 360's failure rate either.

Of all Estavillio's lawsuits, this may be the only one that has an inkling of merit, so he of course had to go and mess it up by subpoenaing one of the richest men in the world. Bringing a multi-billionaire into a somewhat frivolous set of lawsuits is a sure way to get your case thrown into the trash, compacted into the size of a pebble, and launched into the sun. That is, if Microsoft didn't have plans to do that already. If I was Estavillo, I would have called in Xbox 360 tech #74, not Bill Gates, who isn't even working full-time at Microsoft anymore.

GamesPolitics contacted Estavillo and found out that he doesn't have any more lawsuits planned for the near future. However, as he's already sued Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and Blizzard, I would wager that his next target will be EA, or maybe even the United States government.

Source: GamesPolitics

._.
Wow.
I can only think to myself, when will it end?

I'm going he's going to sue China next, for making inferior plastic

or something silly

You know, for an agoraphobic, he certainly seems to like the spotlight.
You think he'd be too terrified to sue people, since that would mean leaving his house.
Weird.

Those inferior plastic "Made in China" soldiers degrade my quality of life!, To the court of law!...

I wouldnt mind seeing the failure rates also

I think that he and Tim Langdell should team up for

"SUPER LITIGATION TAG-TEAM!"

SirBryghtside:
I don't care how 'agoraphobic' this kid is, he should stop now.

He's done so many lawsuits that he can afford to get the President's XBox technician to fix it!

Uh, I'm not sure how many he's won.

That guy is such an idiot, and reading about his stupidity makes me think of him as more of a moron...
He claims to be afraid of, what, meeting others/large crowds/going outside or whatever, yet he has no problem getting around to organise all this crap ><

Hopefully Gates can order some kind of hit team to get rid of this guy.

Furburt:
I think that he and Tim Langdell should team up for

"SUPER LITIGATION TAG-TEAM!"

why Tim? obviously this guy doesn't like games, so lets get Jack back into the act.

seriously though, this guy really is the gamer version of Jack Thompson.

This is what's wrong with the legal system. At least they'll see it as trash.

I'm pretty sure if he keeps this up they're gonna slap him with a frivolous case charge.

I am whole heartedly sick of hearign about this guy. Yet, I keep reading about him giving more hits to pages that're reporting him which means he'll keep on getting reported and he'll keep going. I'm really only adding to the problem but I choose not to accept any blame. He chooses his own (inane) actions.

so its a tetralogoy now? any way he is an idiot for suing a huga ass comapny like Microsoft he will never win!

Tom Goldman:

GamesPolitics contacted Estavillo and found out that he doesn't have any more lawsuits planned for the near future. However, as he's already sued Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and Blizzard, I would wager that his next target will be EA, or maybe even the United States government.

He's only saying that because there's no one left to sue.

Bill Gates and his hundreds of high paid attorneys are laughing heartily.

This guy is crazy! He's definately going to go down like the Titanic in court.

for his Xbox 360's red ring of death and the sadness it created in his life.

Might just be my reading a tone into that, but I love how you phrased it.

SirBryghtside:

Jim Grim:

SirBryghtside:
I don't care how 'agoraphobic' this kid is, he should stop now.

He's done so many lawsuits that he can afford to get the President's XBox technician to fix it!

Uh, I'm not sure how many he's won.

Yeah, I was thinking about this...

How many is it? I'm pretty sure he won the first couple, that makes about $150,000 at his rates, so yep, President's techie it is.

He's not won any. At all. The one against Sony was thrown out of court, he's appealing it. The others haven't been looked at yet.

and he also wants to know how many people have been banned from Xbox Live for piracy in the past year

The hell does that have to do with anything? :s

Who's up for a class action suit against this kid for making us all depressed about humanity? I am.

Wow, it's just like that "weird Al" Song, "I'll Sue Ya!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09I4Mi5IUl4

Why doesn't somebody call his bluff and counter sue his ass or something?

I can't remember who said that this could be more Dante's Inferno advertising, but I'm getting more sure (I R gud @ Gramer) that this is more DI stuff.

Yeah... This is definitely seeming like Dante's Inferno advertising now. It's too... Stupid... To be real.

Anyone who kills this guy gets a one-of-a-kind badge!

Just mail his head to the escapist headquaters and leave your username.

Why don't they just give him his "ability to play games" back, by rescinding his bans and fixing all that is broken etc. and telling him to stop being a dick online, then finally tell him to shut the fuck up? People like him bore me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Gates quit as head of the company?

I know he sits on the board of directors or something, but I don't think he's even that involved anymore.

Anyway, this guy's a dip shit. I wonder how much all of this is costing him to make an arse of himself?

Trolling IRL.

Didn't Bill Gates retire from Microsoft last year?

What difference does it make the number of X oxes that have been repaired? They did everything they could to rectify the problem. Seems like beating a dead horse now. What a waste of time and abuse of the legal system. I hope they smack him with rule 11 (as long as this isn't another marketing scheme by EA for Dante's Inferno)

Tom Goldman:

GamesPolitics contacted Estavillo and found out that he doesn't have any more lawsuits planned for the near future.

Ah, so he's taking Christmas and the new year off, then?

Everyone needs a holiday, I suppose...

this can not be an marketing scheme for Dante's Inferno.
I'm pretty sure being stupid isn't a sin.

I'm surprised none of the daytime "news" shows haven't picked up this wacko yet for a segment on how videogames are destroying us.

Sooner or later he's going to sue the wrong people and disappear off the face of the Earth (for example, the DHS about 9/11). I'll shed a single tear of joy the day that happens. He's the equivalent of an irl troll, and this is going the be the only banhammer that works.

Gigaguy64:
._.
Wow.
I can only think to myself, when will it end?

When he's in jail for wasting the court's time.

SomeUnregPunk:
this can not be an marketing scheme for Dante's Inferno.
I'm pretty sure being stupid isn't a sin.

I'm surprised none of the daytime "news" shows haven't picked up this wacko yet for a segment on how videogames are destroying us.

Looking on a 'map' of Dante's inferno's circles of hell, I suppose hypocricy is about the only one that fits. He's an Agoraphobe *WHO TRAVELS TO COURT*.

Marq:
Trolling IRL.

As I've said before, in RL trolling, there are police and judges to put people in jail for wasting the court's time ;).

I wonder as well if this is some marketing ploy for "Dante's Inferno" (DI) as well, though considering "Game Politics" have contacted him lead me to suspect otherwise. Even then, how would this somehow turn around to be connected to DI? The sin of "sloth" comes to mind, but most of the marketing ploys for DI were more interactive in some fashion (The Wii and Yahtzee rick roll are some examples).

Somehow I suspect he is going to sue the Escapist next because of what the Escapist community says about him.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.