Mysterious Blue Spiral Light Appears in Norwegian Sky

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Bediz:
Looks like the Norse have angered the Anti-Spirals. Better get Gurren-Lagann over there quick. How do you say "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM??" in Norwegian?

They don't need to worry. Afterall, why do you think the anti-spirals would be so angry with them in the first place?

Answer? This is why: http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=the_new_union_flag

...That's either one hell of a coincidence or TTGL has taken "belief makes it real" to the next level.

Ever since i saw aurora borealis and lightning 50 kilometers long nothing baffles me. its either nature playing its games or some special weapon. Maybe its a diving being deciding to punish the Scandinavians for having such hot babes.

CantFaketheFunk:
...reports the Daily Mail

You mean it wasn't illegal immigrants this time?

/Tabloid Joke

This is perfectly clear what it is:

The after effects from the Large Hadron Collider. This is a spacial anomaly, one of many that we'll see in the coming months and years, that is an effect of trying to recreate the "Big Bang" within a supposedly 'controlled environment' Eventually these events will become physical in nature and will destroy the world and the universe!

Deathfish15:
This is perfectly clear what it is:

The after effects from the Large Hadron Collider. This is a spacial anomaly, one of many that we'll see in the coming months and years, that is an effect of trying to recreate the "Big Bang" within a supposedly 'controlled environment' Eventually these events will become physical in nature and will destroy the world and the universe!

My sarcasm-detector just 'sploded.

SirBryghtside:

CantFaketheFunk:

lvl9000_woot:
Sorry Funk, Carnagath beat you to it:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.160449

... I highly recommend you reread the original post here. :P

You still shouldn't repeat threads :P

Anyway, as I stated before, it is obviously a wormhole caused by Santa's warp drive.

News posts =/= threads mang.

Susan Arendt:
OMG, I only just realized...it's not Ubisoft or even Dante's Inferno...the spiral...

DREAMCAST IS RETURNING!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!

PRAISE JEBUS!!!

Seriously though, if this isn't the start of 'Doom 2' or the work of some mad scientist, I'll be sad at life.

I knew I shouldn't have done that thing out in the field that night...

Note the key part of that entire post: "Reports the Daily Mail".

Those unfamiliar with the only magazine in England that still finds a way to scream "OH MY GOD IMMIGRANTS!!!!" and persuade people to be scared, are blessed.

I'd just like to quote one of my favorite articles from the Daily Mail: "Last month, the Daily Mail, as the UK's second-biggest selling national daily paper and number one producer of poo, officially launched its 'Not In My Front Yard' campaign against local councils imposing fortnightly collections and yet more ghastly wheelie bins on to its flock of retarded readers.

"Householders are rising up in rebellion against the scourge of the wheelie bin," a leading article wrote. It continued: "So instead, we say rubbish should be printed and redistributed throughout the Kingdom, just like the way we do. Councils, please, follow our example and allow residents to sell their rubbish for 50p every weekday, 80p on Saturdays and special-edition rubbish for £1.50 each Sunday.""

EDIT: Okay, not an article as such, but still proof that the Mail is single-handedly responsible for the greatest stench Britain has ever faced.

A MISSLE? SERIOUSLY? MY ASS!

Well its not my drill, but it has pierced the heavens.

I know atleast two people here get the reference.

ErGo:
[quote="Dele" post="7.160487.4064037"]
Update: Apparently, official word is that it was a failed Russian test of a Bulava missile fired from a submarine in the White Sea. But I don't know, this feels a little like "oh, it was swamp gas reflected off a weather balloon" to me. How exactly does a failed missile result in a perfectly spiral twelve-minute light show? I could certainly understand a missile producing a light show like, say this one from November 1st, but this looks nothing like a missile at all.

Hmmm maybe As I suggested in the other thread this missile is supposed to project this image or something likewise on crash and it is in an attempt to Cause panic and create Chaos in already Emotion and mind Intensive Settings

I mean seriously I know that people will now say oh but then everyone would know it and they wouldn't care

But people are easily caught off guard and only panic for say 2 minutes could mean death in an intense firefight

+ It might stir up the radar or something

Well here's my two cents:

I'm not ruling out the missile theory. I'm sure there's some sort of physics that could allow that to happen. I think it's very interesting that it was blue because as far as I know, most missiles don't glow that color. I think the whole thing is suspicious but most likely man made. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be some new kind of weapon that malfunctioned that we don't know about yet.

I refuse to believe that it was a missile. Personally, I don't know what to think about it: but I just can't buy the missile story.

thats pretty awesome
no matter what it is

Blue lights in sky, failed missile test story, scientist named Dr.Atlantis... We are trapped in a Roland Emmerich movie!

CantFaketheFunk:

Update 2: Okay, so a genuine rocket scientist whose name may or may not be Dr. Atlantis has some computer simulations that would show how this phenomenon would be created, and it's a bit easier to swallow now. But ... I mean, come on, the guy's name is Dr. Atlantis! He's either an alien or a supervillain, and either way you know he's gotta be in on it.

I'm still going with the Spiral Power Giant Robots thing, though. I like it best.

(Thanks, Carnagath!)

Still does not explain how the "missle" managed to stay in the same spot for 12 minutes, while going completly haywire.... that's hardly possible.

The russians are probably making the first FTL engine, ONWARD Tovarishch !

DON'T SPOIL THIS WITH YOUR PITHY SCIENCE.

It ruins the mystery. Would Citizen Kane be as good if at the very beginning it just said "IT WAS HIS SLED", or would Soylent Green be as good if it just flashed "BTW, it's people."?

As I have just written in the other thread about the subject it seems that the missile theory is correct.

Take a look at this: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/12/09/awesomely-bizarre-light-show-freaks-out-norway/

There are a rather sound theory of how a rocket/missile could create such a spiral.

uppitycracker:

CantFaketheFunk:

Update 2: Okay, so a genuine rocket scientist whose name may or may not be Dr. Atlantis has some computer simulations that would show how this phenomenon would be created, and it's a bit easier to swallow now. But ... I mean, come on, the guy's name is Dr. Atlantis! He's either an alien or a supervillain, and either way you know he's gotta be in on it.

I'm still going with the Spiral Power Giant Robots thing, though. I like it best.

(Thanks, Carnagath!)

Still does not explain how the "missle" managed to stay in the same spot for 12 minutes, while going completly haywire.... that's hardly possible.

If the missile is a long way from you and moves almost directly towards you (or away from you) it can produce such a spiral (see my link above)

SirBryghtside:

CantFaketheFunk:

lvl9000_woot:
Sorry Funk, Carnagath beat you to it:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.160449

... I highly recommend you reread the original post here. :P

You still shouldn't repeat threads :P

Anyway, as I stated before, it is obviously a wormhole caused by Santa's warp drive.

Or perhaps it was Rudolf's nose exploding or something, opening a wormhole and eventually causing the Combine to invade.

duh

This is clearly the work of Junji Ito, making sure that I do not recover from my unease when around cinnamon rolls, snail shells, or parlor-trick hypnosis wheels.

Rodger:
They don't need to worry. Afterall, why do you think the anti-spirals would be so angry with them in the first place?

Answer? This is why: http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=the_new_union_flag

...That's either one hell of a coincidence or TTGL has taken "belief makes it real" to the next level.

I knew of that flag's existence and had zero idea it came from Norway. You may redeem your coupon for one free internet at the Kamina City parliament building.

In that still picture it looks like some kind of projection being projected from that hill to the right.

the hell I just got off from Above Top Secret and this is all there talking about.

*Points to sky*
This is TENGEN TOPPA!
This is GURREN LAGANN!

OT: It's obviosly a spiral energy missle. I now have PROOF TTGL was a prophecy!

Well, I'm waiting for the bigass giant robots to throw galaxies at each other.

I totally beat you guys to the TTGL reference in the original post :P

Xaryn Mar:

uppitycracker:

CantFaketheFunk:

(Thanks, Carnagath!)

If the missile is a long way from you and moves almost directly towards you (or away from you) it can produce such a spiral (see my link above)

well my question is this. now, granted, i'm only going off of the pictures (my work computer is a POS and wont let me install flash), but all the pictures I see have it in the exact same area, with the blue trail going to the exact same spot. even as it's dwindling away... now maybe these are all taken at the same time, or around the same time, but i've read this went on for 10-12 minutes. how exactly does that work, if the missle is constantly traveling? i'm just trying to make sense out of it, and like i said, i haven't had the opportunity to watch the videos yet.

"We don't know who struck first, us or them. But we do know it was us that scorched the sky."

I am pretty up for Dante's Inferno - probably a purchase.

it is an gdi ion cannon all Norwegians move before they strike down on nod.

Okay...wow. That is officially the weakest excuse for a cover-up I've ever seen.

I just hope they come in peace.

Ubisoft's new marketing campaign, or POOOORTAL STOOOORM!

I really hope Funk is right about the Gurren Lagann-esque robot fight thing.

Though, considering Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a confirmed ten million light years in height, you'd think we might be able to see them.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here