Be the Man With the Golden PS3 for Just $5000

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Be the Man With the Golden PS3 for Just $5000

If you thought "Five-hundred-and-ninety-nine US dollars" was expensive, you ain't seen nothing yet: Customized PS3 Slims that have been dipped in 24-karat gold will run you a cool five grand.

Now, this recession has been hitting almost everyone around the globe, but there are certainly some folks out there who still have more than a little money to waste. If you are one of those people, then "luxury customization service" Computer Choppers may have the thing for you: A $4,999 PS3 Slim.

Why is this PS3 Slim so expensive, you ask? The answer: Because it and its two controllers have been coated with genuine, 24-karat gold. Naturally, this is the perfect holiday gift - as long as you're buying presents for Auric Goldfinger, anyway.

The best part? If you have even more disposable cash to burn on luxury-modified PS3s (and in which case you should be ashamed of yourself for buying your competitor's products, Mr. Gates) then you can customize the PS3 logo even further. While you'd normally be limited to plain, run-of-the-mill-and-not-extravagant-at-all substances like chrome, black chrome, 24kt gold, white gold, rose gold, or platinum, you could get your logo decked out in, say, diamonds.

And then you could take the diamonds and use them as a power source for your orbital laser, because you are clearly a supervillain.

(Hot-Blooded Gaming via Kombo)

Nice and pointless. But i'm still not impressed. Now, when someone is going to make a 1-to-1 fully-functional replica of RYNO V, then we're talking. It would certainly be more useful for world domination than some stupid diamonds! Mwahahahahahaha!

I can't help but find it fantastically amusing that it's priced at $4,999. Really? What, does that one extra dollar really make it even more terribly expensive? It just seems silly.

I... want it.... So stupid... yet so... shinyyyy

Oh god, this reminds of people in Dubai and there gold plated cars, distastefull.

I want a Purple PS3.

if i were rich i would so buy that

I think they have a place for people crazy enough to buy this, Oh yeah the Insane Asylum

Lord_Duke:
I think they have a place for people crazy enough to buy this, Oh yeah the Insane Asylum

Monte Carlo

I would buy that if it was the launch ps3 w/ backwards capabilities and all the other goodies the first one came with

Oh good. This will go well with my Gold Desert Eagle

And the other parts of my collection of things designed to remind people how much of a tosser I am.

Jaranja:

Lord_Duke:

Monte Carlo

Close enough

Sony should buy five of these and have a Willy Wonka style competition. Of course they would weigh a lot more than a regular one so everyone would just go to the store with some scales. Then Sony can sell scales, and thus make it a two pronged marketing coup.

Funk you went wrong with that last part it was clearly MADE by a super villain not marketed to them.

So over the top and stupid it becomes awesome.

Well...thats certainly, intresting, Cool, pointless...but, certainly something lol

I'd prefer one made out of skin...but whatever.

Seriously, what's the point of this....

and I thought the regular version was expensive.. that is a real thing to have if you have too much money

Revelo:
So over the top and stupid it becomes awesome.

Don't you love how insanity works?

Furburt:

And the other parts of my collection of things designed to remind people how much of a tosser I am.

HOT DAM!!! really? you actually have a gold one?

well that PS3 looks slightly fancier than mine what with it being half the size and made of gold

Clearly. A Supervillian!

I can see one in every wanna be rap artists home in the near future. :P

Guitar Gamer:

Furburt:

HOT DAM!!! really? you actually have a gold one?

No, I was being sarcastic. I hope you were too. Otherwise I will be quite worried.

I could always just spray paint my PS3 gold and save $4995.

are.you.the.god.its.me.vader:

But that one would end up smelling bad.

whats the fucking point? It looks cool, but as soon as you hold the controllers because its 24k gold it will warp because pure gold is that soft.

Nice to look at, yes, but unplayable

RAND00M:

are.you.the.god.its.me.vader:

But that one would end up smelling bad.

The key to solving all problems...ALL PROBLEMS

coxafloppin:
Oh god, this reminds of people in Dubai and there gold plated cars, distastefull.

I want a Purple PS3.

There was some king or sultant who had an all platinum car.

Punisher A.J.:

coxafloppin:

I want a Purple PS3.

There was some king or sultant who had an all platinum car.

That wouldnt suprise me, the worst is entirely crome cars. EEWW.

Kollega:
Nice and pointless. But i'm still not impressed. Now, when someone is going to make a 1-to-1 fully-functional replica of RYNO V, then we're talking. It would certainly be more useful for world domination than some stupid diamonds! Mwahahahahahaha!

i agree man. i would rather have onof those scaner things tan a ps3.

Sod gold plated, that black chrome sounds pretty sweet. Imagine the finger prints though...(shudder)

*drools* ...Gold makes everything better...

HUBILUB:
I... want it.... So stupid... yet so... shinyyyy

i agree,must have teh shinee'z

You hook a few dozen of these things together and you've got your very own supervillain supercomputer. Someone should probably warn James Bond...

I love goooooooooooold.

You could buy a computer capable of becoming self aware with that money. Why would you spend it on a Golden PS3?

Then again, it does look pretty. Now if I can only find the map to the nearest bank and my grandpas old hunting rifle...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.