New Borderlands DLC Channels Mad Max

Pages 1 2 NEXT

New Borderlands DLC Channels Mad Max

Gearbox wasn't done supporting Borderlands after releasing The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned; a second DLC pack is already on the way.

The coming of a new Borderlands DLC expansion has been officially announced and it looks to add a new game mode and a few extra bonuses. The expansion will be called Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, a title that was obviously inspired by the film Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.

In Thunderdome, Mad Max must fight in a gladiatorial arena where "two men enter, one man leaves." Presumably, this is also the premise of Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, but with four people entering and hopefully four leaving. The expansion will add three new Riot Mode arenas that task groups of players to survive against waves of enemies. Unlike Mad Max, players of Underdome Riot will be collecting lots and lots of loot in the process of fighting in these arenas.

Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot will also add a bank in which weapons can be stored; not a bad idea at all considering Borderlands is hyped for having millions and millions of weapons. Finally, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot will make two additional skill points available as quest rewards, enabling players to make their characters a smidgen or two more powerful. It'll cost a smooth $9.99 or 800 Microsoft points depending on which currency you choose to deal in, and is scheduled for release on Xbox live on December 29, 2009, while it's coming a little later to the PlayStation Network on January 7, 2010.

Woo!

I love it when developers keep their promises. And I love Mad Max, SCORE!

YES.
YES.
SWEET. So totally awesome. I loved the arena quests in Borderlands, so is this just more of them?

"Two men enter, one man leave!"

...becomes...

"Three men (and one chick) enter, and all eventually rage-quit!"

Sweet!

hmmm, I'd prefer they un-bork the PC multiplayer, but this seems interesting.

Yet no PC release date....

*sigh*

I bet it's coming a month or more later after the PS3 release.

I don't know about content at hand, but the name is hilarious.

HardRockSamurai:

...becomes...

Sweet!

And so are you, sir.

Sweet, i love this game

I am intrigued by this weapon bank. I do a good job of removing useless equipment, but not having to sort through my "keepables" to get rid of the "sellables" will be really nice.

Is no one else a little disapointed in the fact they are using the arena from mad max and not the insanely awesome car fights and chases?

"It's like the Thunderdome in here. Only... two men enter, no man leaves. Starring Mel Gibson, and Master Blaster."

Furburt:
Woo!

You mean promises like a DRM-free game and patches for PC version?

VincentX3:

*sigh*

And they'll add a second DRM.

Well i'm getting borderlands for chistmas and this news makes me mad, because like every time i get a game like fallout 3 or oblvion i say to myself, why didn't i just wait for the full package instead of buying it at 60 bucks new and then spending the extra. Oh well hopefully dlc never crosses my mind when playing borderlands.

Ralackk:
Is no one else a little disapointed in the fact they are using the arena from mad max and not the insanely awesome car fights and chases?

Well, they already have a mission where you fight "Mad Mel" in a car in a suspiciously rickety wooden domed arena. In fact, the entire Dahl Headlands was basically ripped from Mad Max :P

Besides, the arena idea was just a guess. I'm gonna guess that the arena is part of it, but I can see cars, trucks and rockets flying everywhere... Time to dust off my ol' Maliwan Incendiary Rocket Launcher!

VincentX3:

*sigh*

Don't forget this one will probably be even shorter than the Zombie Island one.

HardRockSamurai:

...becomes...

Sweet!

That is so true. I have never heard of the movie this DLC is apparently a refrence to.

Hmm i dont know.. i didnt feel like Zombie island wasnt that fun, i dont think i iwll enjoy this DLC either..

Unlockable character Mel Gibson?

Too bad that their inspiration comes from the weakest film in the series, the one that sold out and replaced bad-ass car chases and brutal violence with a group of annoying children and...Tina Turner.

Hooray for having to buy a storage chest. Well done Bioware you are now trendsetters. This really doesn't interest me (bitterness about chest aside). Is it just an arena battle? Are there more quests. Will the enemies scale?

Mad Max ftw, i hope their are vehicle missions like drive through bus, kill biker, get robed by a pilot.

Hmmm, well I hope it's enjoyable single player.

Fuuuuuuuuuck yea! I'm gonna tell everyone to return all the gifts they got me and just load me up with Micro$hoft points so I can buy both of these packs and a million Arcade titles!

Arenas? Awesome. Bank for nifty guns? Double awesome. Hopefully it's got some kind of trophy-case format because I'll just use it as an area to store all my favorite-but-obsolete weapons, along with guns I find for my friends.

Doug:
hmmm, I'd prefer they un-bork the PC multiplayer, but this seems interesting.

VincentX3:

*sigh*

Oh yea, I'm VERY glad I didn't get the PC version. Enjoy your sharp textures and geometry while I'm split-screening Dr. Ned and Mad Moxxi with my pals over cups of hot-kalua-cocoa this New Year's Eve!

scnj:
"It's like the Thunderdome in here. Only... two men enter, no man leaves. Starring Mel Gibson, and Master Blaster."

Rated R... Meatwad!!

Yay, a bank! It's about damn time!

Oh yea, I'm VERY glad I didn't get the PC version. Enjoy your sharp textures and geometry while I'm split-screening Dr. Ned and Mad Moxxi with my pals over cups of hot-kalua-cocoa this New Year's Eve!

Dude get a life. I don't really give a dam if you have the Xbox\PS3 version.

While you play with you're "pals" I'll be doing other things. Maybe once you grow up you'll know what they are.

Awesome, can i have a wrist crossbow or a sharperned boomerang?

2 DLC in one year? Not bad really.

Could be fun =D

Abedeus:

Furburt:
Woo!

You mean promises like a DRM-free game and patches for PC version?

VincentX3:

*sigh*

QFT.

That sort of shit is the reason I still haven't purchased the first DLC. What I want to know is why some asshat decided it was needed to add DRM to the Steam version of the DLC when even the base version of the game on Steam didn't have DRM.

Damnit! ATM Borderlands is my own personal brand of heroin; I don't need more reinforcement! But seriously though, this looks quite promising. I don't know if I'll get around to getting it, though, since I don't plan on buying Borderlands. (I rented it)

VincentX3:

VincentX3:

*sigh*

Don't forget this one will probably be even shorter than the Zombie Island one.

that was my first thought, this sounds like it will be a small DLC.

Wait a second...isn't the whole game channeling Mad Max? (screw the DLC, they even have the 'why can't we go beond Thunderdome?' achievment)

No mention of the fact that you can turn on special settings for the arenas that stay in effect for the entire world. Someone mentioned low grav setting. I wonder how zombies would react to low grav...

VincentX3:

While you play with you're "pals" I'll be doing other things. Maybe once you grow up you'll know what they are.

Stop trying to start a flame war. He just said he is glad he didn't get it on there. Not, "FUCK PC, IT SUX LOLOLOLOL".
OT: Wow, how awesome, I'm getting Borderlands for Christmas. I'm also getting Dr. Ned, and now Moxxi. Sucks it comes out four days after Christmas :P

JimmyBassatti:

VincentX3:

Stop trying to start a flame war. He just said he is glad he didn't get it on there. Not, "FUCK PC, IT SUX LOLOLOLOL".
OT: Wow, how awesome, I'm getting Borderlands for Christmas. I'm also getting Dr. Ned, and now Moxxi. Sucks it comes out four days after Christmas :P

I'm not trying to start a flame war, you just don't seem to understand sarcasm.

Weapon Storage! Good idea to finally add that, Gearbox (That was sarcasm. They should have had it before.)

Oh, and thanks for making it cost an additional ten dollars. (Also sarcasm)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here