Pre-Order Heavy Rain, Get Free DLC

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Pre-Order Heavy Rain, Get Free DLC

Even Heavy Rain, the PlayStation 3 exclusive title that may or may not be a game, isn't safe from pre-order bonuses.

SCEA's Jefferson Dong recently announced via the PlayStation blog that the official pre-order bonus for Heavy Rain will be a code to unlock the game's first episode of DLC for free. Heavy Rain is a PlayStation 3 exclusive from Quantic Dream, the developers of Indigo Prophecy, that aims to become less of a game, and more of an interactive story.

Heavy Rain's DLC episodes will be called The Heavy Rain Chronicles. Pre-ordering the game will net players Heavy Rain: Chronicle One - The Taxidermist, normally valued at $4.99. This will also allow access to The Taxidermist from day one of Heavy Rain's release, while it won't go up for purchase until a later date. A second chronicle is also planned, but with no details yet revealed.

Each of The Heavy Rain Chronicles will encompass a stand-alone story featuring a character from Heavy Rain, taking place either before or after the retail game. They will be just as choice and risk filled as Heavy Rain, with multiple outcomes possible. The Taxidermist features investigative journalist Madison Paige, the woman that was in one of the larger Heavy Rain demos already shown off, in one of her first cases investigating a serial killer. It's meant to be an update/expansion to the already shown demo, where Paige enters the house of a suspected killer.

Heavy Rain is scheduled for release on February 16, 2010 in North America, February 18 in Japan, and on February 26 in Europe. While you wait, feel free to read through Escapist Senior Editor Susan Arendt's hands-on preview.

At times like this I wish I had a PS3

The Taxidermist? Sounds creepy, yet clichéd. You know what I mean?

Can't wait for it...I'm a little annoyed I cant get it on PC though, i'd rather play it on that. The controls seem like they are going to be...troublesome.

Triggers to move? I mean really?

This game is a must buy

Lol, free DLC...

Still makes me chuckle. And this game better be 11/10 material or I'm burning David Cage at the stake.

It'll be hilarity if this game follows suit with Indigo Prophecy.

*RAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEE*

There is no such thing as pre-ordering here in Iceland.It sucks.

Yay for premium DLC! Not at all a rip-off! I hate games that do this.

DAMN YOU EXCLUSITIVITY!!!!! I hate it when games are made exclusive for a particular console. Hell, as an Xbox gamer I'd be more than happy paying for a game that has about 10 disks on the Xbox 360 and only one on the PS3, if it was good enough. I don't mind switching disks (I'm a PC gamer too, you see, so I'm used to it). I still can't see why Heavy Rain can't get a multi-platform release, or even just a PC release as well as the PS3 one. If a PC version isn't released at some point I will be so pissed off. I've said it before, and I'm saying it again, and I won't stop saying it even after Heavy Rain gets released...

I was going to pre-order it anyway, so yay for me!

I feel like preordering this game after hearing and seeing so much on it...

AND I DON'T OWN A PS3!

hansari:
It'll be hilarity if this game follows suit with Indigo Prophecy.

As long as there are no bugs. I still have nightmares about IP's section in the office with those things.

Sweet. Helps drum up sales for a game that many might rent. If I'd had a PS3, I'd get this game.

Hm...maybe I'll have to pre-order after all! :D

What's all the hype about? Is there anything I should be looking forward to except an above average graphics experience? All the crap Mr Cage is spouting about this title makes me seriously doubt this is going to be anything but a rental for me.

Sonicron:
What's all the hype about? Is there anything I should be looking forward to except an above average graphics experience? All the crap Mr Cage is spouting about this title makes me seriously doubt this is going to be anything but a rental for me.

Heh, well now that Blockbuster have changed the rental payment scheme in Australia, I rent most games anyway. Especially on consoles, I only buy games like MW2 or stuff with fuckton of replay value or exceptional multiplayer(Dragon Age, Fallout 3 etc).

That said you should watch the gameplay trailers on youtube if you haven't, it's not so much a gaming experience as it is a movie, a means to tell a story, I for one love the original ideas and it'll be a nice change.

Still really unsure about the triggers to move thing though... >.>

Also sounds like some of you need to get PS3s :P. I predicted this back mid 09, I saw Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, GoW3 and InFamous was coming out at the time. So I grabbed one. I like having a good gaming PC+PS3. It means I really don't miss out on any exclusives, because Microsoft generally brings it to PC too, and I can always borrow my brothers 360 for an xbox exclusive-exclusive.

Sevre90210:
The Taxidermist? Sounds creepy, yet clichéd. You know what I mean?

if Hard Rain is anything in the like of Indigo Prophecy [Fahrenheit], then yes, it will be creepy.

also, now the Ps3 has five games I would play for it, one more and I might buy it.

Zing:

Sonicron:

Heh, well now that Blockbuster have changed the rental payment scheme in Australia, I rent most games anyway. Especially on consoles, I only buy games like MW2 or stuff with fuckton of replay value or exceptional multiplayer(Dragon Age, Fallout 3 etc).

That said you should watch the gameplay trailers on youtube if you haven't, it's not so much a gaming experience as it is a movie, a means to tell a story, I for one love the original ideas and it'll be a nice change.

Still really unsure about the triggers to move thing though... >.>

Well, renting games is perfect for me since my city's biggest movie and videogame rental store is less than a kilometre from my apartment... so I get to enjoy games like Uncharted (and pretty much anything with a similar length) for less than 5 Euros a piece. ^^

Granted, the gameplay videos look intriguing, but I remain sceptical about the whole concept, because when I play a game I usually don't want to be watching a movie at that very moment (or vice versa)... it looks like the developers have tried taking cinematic gaming to the next level with Heavy Rain, and I've never been much of a follower of this particular trend in gaming.
Also, moving around via the triggers...? Who came up with that idea?? Sound downright weird. We'll see, I guess. -.-

iggyus:
This game is a must buy

Definetly. I cant wait!

Trivun:
DAMN YOU EXCLUSITIVITY!!!!! I hate it when games are made exclusive for a particular console. Hell, as an Xbox gamer I'd be more than happy paying for a game that has about 10 disks on the Xbox 360 and only one on the PS3, if it was good enough. I don't mind switching disks (I'm a PC gamer too, you see, so I'm used to it). I still can't see why Heavy Rain can't get a multi-platform release, or even just a PC release as well as the PS3 one. If a PC version isn't released at some point I will be so pissed off. I've said it before, and I'm saying it again, and I won't stop saying it even after Heavy Rain gets released...

I'll be perfectly blunt here; Then buy a PS3 and stop complaining. If you want to play the game so bad, either kidnap a friends PS3 or get one yourself. No use complaining, no use whining for it to be on PC, either put up or shut up, which apparently you won't do, which leads me to believe that you're just being selfish and tight-wallet-ed-ed.

Do not get me started on this topic here, you don't see me complaining for Splinter Cell: Conviction or Mass Effect 2 to go to PS3. Either I'm going to have to get a 360 or shut up and deal with it (my {PC is hardly good enough to play anything).

So what they're saying is if that if you pre-order... you still don't get the full game without paying extra?

DLC can lick my arse and suck on my balls - I've payed for the fucking game now give me all of it; not much of an expansion DLC if it's ready when the game is released is it?

Trivun:

Knowing sony, you'd still be only be allowed to play it on a vaio laptop.

internetzealot1:

Its Not a Game!!

I preordered it anyway :P

Woodsey:
So what they're saying is if that if you pre-order... you still don't get the full game without paying extra?

DLC can lick my arse and suck on my balls - I've payed for the fucking game now give me all of it; not much of an expansion DLC if it's ready when the game is released is it?

what's so fucking hard to understand? You can not preorder the game and pay 5 bucks to get the dld, or you can preorder and get it for free. Why are people still whining about this? Get over it, almost every game is doing it, some give you the dlc for free anyway. Dragon Age, ACII, The Saboteur all did it. Stop whining and deal

I already pre-ordered it so this isn't really an issue for me however i am glad to see we will be getting this scene as it looked great from all the early trailers.

Zing:

what's so fucking hard to understand? You can not preorder the game and pay 5 bucks to get the dld, or you can preorder and get it for free. Why are people still whining about this? Get over it, almost every game is doing it, some give you the dlc for free anyway. Dragon Age, ACII, The Saboteur all did it. Stop whining and deal

Quoted for truth.

Zing:

Woodsey:

Because you're paying extra for content that should be in the game...

Just because everyone else does it doesn't suddenly make it OK - since when have gamers been so willing to take it up the arse from publishers?

Woodsey:

Zing:

Woodsey:

Just because everyone else does it doesn't suddenly make it OK - since when have gamers been so willing to take it up the arse from publishers?

understand why they do that though. All of these developers do it to basically get you signed up on their website and to tell you "hey we're still making some content for you to enjoy down the line". And they want to boost preorder sale numbers with free stuff. ;p

Everytime I read something about this game, the first thing I think about is a Japanese hentai game... Anyone with me?
No?

OT: I'm not going to pre-order it. I'll wait till it's released, so I know some of the pros and cons of the whole thing.

ChromeAlchemist:
Lol, free DLC...

Still makes me chuckle. And this game better be 11/10 material or I'm burning David Cage at the stake.

Get the fire ready, my friend. There will be lots of pretentiousness to burn.

Zing:

Woodsey:

Zing:

Woodsey:

understand why they do that though. All of these developers do it to basically get you signed up on their website and to tell you "hey we're still making some content for you to enjoy down the line". And they want to boost preorder sale numbers with free stuff. ;p

So why not do what some other developers do and simply give access to the free content earlier? Wait a few weeks, then release it free for everyone else.

I know why they do it, that doesn't excuse it.

Trivun:

To be fair, you're getting Alan Wake, which I consider to be the equivalent.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.