Borderlands' Mad Moxxi Explains Herself

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Borderlands' Mad Moxxi Explains Herself

The second Borderlands expansion, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, has already been announced, but have you met Mad Moxxi herself yet?

Mad Moxxi is just a lost soul looking for someone to love, and she's taking out her pain on Borderlands players by subjecting them to mortal combat. That's the jist that I get from this trailer in which Moxxi explains her motivations for the new Borderlands expansion, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot.

The expansion is best detailed in this Escapist interview, offering some interesting arena challenges, a player bank, and two more skill points. I wasn't aware that it would also have a storyline to go with it, which stems from Mad Moxxi's apparent boredom or disappointment with her past husbands.

She enjoys bringing pain to others, and the admiration of a crowd, so it's perfect that she runs a bunch of deathmatch arenas. Could you become her next husband? You'll have to wait and find out when Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot is released on Xbox Live December 29, 2009, and on the PlayStation Network January 7, 2010.

(Via: GiantBomb)

I can be her fourth husband!

If Roman Bellic can get her then it shouldn't be a problem for me.

This looks fun, I can't wait.

Would I even want to be her forth husband? It sounds like fun, to bad I won't get it since my HDD died and I don't ant to spend all that time getting to lv 50 again.

I would want to be her fourth husband, until she breaks me.

Looks fun. The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned was pretty damn entertaining.

Especially when you get to see

I look forward to getting it.

*Walks in*
Hey, is there somthing about a fourth husband here?
*Squish*
Great Moxi, you got it all over the place. Well I guess I'm the 4th.
lol

I'm hoping I get back home before this comes out. Two of my friends just got Borderlands so I've got a good three person team now. From everything I've heard, Underdome is really fun.

But in a seriosness:
It would be cool if the winner of the tournoment winner marrys Moxi
But what if that red hed girl person (don't got BL)wins?
Moxi dosen't seem bi

Lose the makeup and we'll talk about it.

This looks pretty interesting though.

Wow... awesome Contra reference with the first husband. That just made my day.

Why was she tripping about him? Don't she know there ain't no rest for the wicked?

zombiejoe:
But in a seriosness:
It would be cool if the winner of the tournoment winner marrys Moxi
But what if that red hed girl person (don't got BL)wins?
Moxi dosen't seem bi

I'll tell you what happens if Lilith wins.

Borderlands wins Game of the Universe.

For ever!

dalek sec:
Loose the makeup and we'll talk about it.

Its pretty funny. If you go and google, the suggestions put contextually incorrect 'loose' before 'lose'. Such as, You said 'Lose a match' did you mean 'Loose a match'?

No. No I didn't.

Regardless, I will wait for borderlands to come down below L4D2.

stinkychops:

dalek sec:

Its pretty funny. If you go and google, the suggestions but contextually incorrect 'loose' before 'lose'. Such as, You said 'Lose a match' did you mean 'Loose a match'?

No. No I didn't.

Jeez, it's a bloody typo man, I fixed it.

dalek sec:

stinkychops:

dalek sec:

Its pretty funny. If you go and google, the suggestions put contextually incorrect 'loose' before 'lose'. Such as, You said 'Lose a match' did you mean 'Loose a match'?

No. No I didn't.

Jeez, it's a bloody typo man, I fixed it.

No worries about typos. I have merely always found this particular error, to be funny. I myself made a typo in my post. There was no insult intended towards you personally.

THAT BITCH KILLED STEVE.

No more "HEYO!" from him...

I thought the zombies got Steve?

Yes plz. I am soooo ready for this it's not even funny. It'll be exceptionally awesome because I'll be at my cousin's, and he's the one who I normally play online with. LAN Party anyone?

Ghonzor:

For the living impaired.

Plus a Borderlandsed version of Horde?
This is going to be very, very fun.

hot, but in all seriousness seems like a lot of fun

tellmeimaninja:

Ghonzor:

For the living impaired.

Plus a Borderlandsed version of Horde?
This is going to be very, very fun.

Indeed it will.

Has anyone else wondered if Moxxie is just a front for another crazy Borderlands lady we all know and love? I mean her first husband could have been killed for a chair... Her second may have been given all her underwear but in their salacious interludes may have been 'broken' so badly that he never leaves his shack. Her third is almost obviously Marcus who is still a 'friend'.

Either way I'm stoked for Moxxie's Underdome. The idea smacks of awesome fun and gives the game another new way of grinding up some badasses with friends. I'm really interested in discovering the crazy rulesets and possibly facing the old bosses in new scenarios. Imagine fighting Sledge with Hans and Frans backing him up!

Underdome? Thunderdome!

stinkychops:
If you go and google, the suggestions put contextually incorrect 'loose' before 'lose'. Such as, You said 'Lose a match' did you mean 'Loose a match'?

No. No I didn't.

If you're going to be picky, I think I'm allowed to be picky too.

"Loose a match" (as in "I let loose a match" or "he loosed a match") is not contextually incorrect. It can refer to either freeing a match (from a matchbook, presumably) or releasing a match in some unspecified direction. You should choose your examples more carefully if you're going to be picky. :)

Nunka:

stinkychops:
If you go and google, the suggestions put contextually incorrect 'loose' before 'lose'. Such as, You said 'Lose a match' did you mean 'Loose a match'?

No. No I didn't.

If you're going to be picky, I think I'm allowed to be picky too.

"Loose a match" (as in "I let loose a match" or "he loosed a match") is not contextually incorrect. It can refer to either freeing a match (from a matchbook, presumably) or releasing a match in some unspecified direction. You should choose your examples more carefully if you're going to be picky. :)

Ha, a good point I suppose, however I would argue that 'Loose a match' cannot exist without a pre-defined qualifier. Such as 'I am' or 'I let'. Therefore, as a sentence fragment it is without meaning, and as nonsensical as any other collection of three words that could be qualified through grammar or words set before/after them. not to mention that no words can exist before Loose a match because the L is a capital, unless its being qualified as a name. In which case anything is valid.

If you watch the video on HD you can actually read the fine printed FUCK PC GAMERS, under the ps3 and xbox release dates...

Just because we pirate every single game out for the thing doesn't mean we should be this unappreciated.

SageRuffin:
Wow... awesome Contra reference with the first husband. That just made my day.

Why was she tripping about him? Don't she know there ain't no rest for the wicked?

It's called the konami code... just so you know

Borderlands sure has a lot of DLC for a relatively new game

And PC players get screwed once more.

This is what I get for supporting new IPs.

Ahahah awww and I own a PC :(
And I play Lilth.
Devo.

Well, seeing as I play as Lilith...
I'm sorry, what was I talking about?

Certainly looks intresting. Especilly so since they are bringing some old bosses back...justwhen I thought I could get rid of Sledge, lol

pimppeter2:
Borderlands sure has a lot of DLC for a relatively new game

*Rips of shirt and rubs chest in your face*

IT'S THE FUTURE.

*Yawn* Wake me up when PC gamers start caring about this. Until then, I'm gonna be knee-deep in Torchlight and Left 4 Dead 2.

God damn i want Borderlands. I can't believe it flew under my radar for so long! The exapansions look awesome

That looks awesome.

Also did she shoot her husband with the konami code?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here