Drunken Woman Stabs Boy Over Xbox Playing

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

A Scottish woman was found guilty of stabbing a 13-year-old boy with a kitchen knife for refusing to stop playing his Xbox.

The 55 year old woman, Isobel Mackenzie, purportedly lunged at the boy and stabbed him in the stomach with a kitchen knife during a fight (or as the Scottish call it, a row.) They were fighting because of the boy's usage of an Xbox and a computer. The woman admitted to being drunk while the boy was under her care, but denied that she had attacked him with the intent to hurt him. Her claim was that the boy hurt himself in order to get her in trouble. Mackenzie was convicted by a jury in Inverness after a 3 day trial. The woman avoided jail-time, but was sentenced to 300 hours of community service.

Here is a sample of the kid's testimony:

She hit me on the back of the head. I stood up and pushed her back. We started fighting. She pushed me back down on the chair. I saw she had a knife. I got up and tried to push her back, and then got stabbed. She lunged at me.

It seems there has been a rash of violence by parents or caretakers to control the gaming habits of their wards. Which, of course, is the most ironic thing I've written all week.

Source: The Scotsman

(Image)

Sounds like a normal evening for a Scot. Hell, it's pretty tame.

Also, "Drunken Scottish Woman" is pretty redundant. You could just redact the 'drunken' part ;)

/English
//Love the Scots
///And the Irish.
////Not the Welsh though ;3

OH THE DELICIOUS IRONY!

Yep, I must admit, video games DO cause violence.
By the parents.

Blame the beer, not the game.

The irony is to massive for me to be able to feel sympathy.

If there is a God, he's got one wicked sense of humor.

*Locks door*

FUCK YOU DAD!

There we go, this is much better solution for dealing with kids than the last woman who had this problem.

Sarcasm obviously, we need a method for dealing with kids that isn't too light (IE: mother who had to call 911 on her little spawn.) Or too heavy (stabbing a kid) Why stab when a beating works just as well and gets you much less jail time.

Any clue to what he was playing? In the last news post about something like this, he was playing GTA4. Or is it simply too much time playing?

Its Scotland. How did a stabbing even make it into the news? That's the equivalent of gambling in Las Vegas.

To be fair, a DRUNK SCOTTISH WOMAN would stab someone over pretty much anything.

Bloody motherfucking irony. God must be laughing so much now.

Well I'm glad my mom doesn't drink :)

Heh, and Jack Thompson always said that videogames caused violence, the irony here is DELICIOUS!

Amnestic:

Also, "Drunken Scottish Woman" is pretty redundant. You could just redact the 'drunken' part ;)

/English
//Love the Scots
///And the Irish.

My exact thoughts down to the emoticons. Also why is the knife gold?

Jeez, who would be stupid enough to stab themselves just to get there parent in trouble?

She needs a better defense.

Time to call Phoenix Wright, me thinks?

I guess it's true, video games do cause violence.

The Rockerfly:
Also why is the knife gold?

They plan to sell it for $483,000 and market it as the Kitchen Knife Supreme.

Wow, just yesterday we get a pushover parent with the videogame palying, now we get someone going to far and stabbing the guy. Lucker her kids still alive though.

Huh, so gaming does incite violence... by the parents!

Give me a few minutes to soak in this information...

Amnestic:

The Rockerfly:
Also why is the knife gold?

They plan to sell it for $483,000 and market it as the Kitchen Knife Supreme.

Maybe some crazy knife fanboy will buy it

Sewblon:
Its Scotland. How did a stabbing even make it into the news?

It was video game related?

Yay for suitable parenting? I wonder how drunk you have to be before stabbing a 13 year old becomes a viable option.

Onyx Oblivion:
Any clue to what he was playing? In the last news post about something like this, he was playing GTA4. Or is it simply too much time playing?

Completely unrelated to your post, but your display pic is beating in time to tetris techno that's currently playing. Nice pic. lol

Amnestic:

/English
//Love the Scots
///And the Irish.

What's with that? No English person I know likes Welsh, although they're fine with Irish which they're still fighting with. :S

HUBILUB:
The irony is to massive for me to be able to feel sympathy.

If there is a God, he's got one wicked sense of humor.

Back on topic, this.

On the downside, Atkinson will still use this to protest against video games. :( Can picture the headline now.

"Video games incite parents to violence. SAVE THE CHILDREN!!"

HardRockSamurai:
To be fair, a DRUNK SCOTTISH WOMAN would stab someone over pretty much anything.

I dislike that comment of my country's people. But I will have to agree with you.

As soon as I saw this, a part of me hoped it was the same woman who called 911 because her son played too much (game) at 2am.

jack thompson it seems that your theory was backwards

Sewblon:
Its Scotland. How did a stabbing even make it into the news? That's the equivalent of gambling in Los Vegas.

Sewblon:
Los Vegas.

o_O Where is this mythical Los Vegas? Is it anywhere near Las Vegas?

Anyway, this is delicious delicious irony, and I hope I don't get full on it this close to Christmas.

So... no one is suprised that there hasn't been an uproar of BEER MAKES ADULTS VIOLENT?

oh irony, you must love me. you really must. in fact, someone should forward this story to jack thompson, and see what he has to say.

Greg Tito:
...stabbed him in the stomach with a kitchen knife during a fight (or as the Scottish call it, a row.)

Oi, watch it, you!

Well...

I worked for a scottish boss and I must say Im suprised there isnt more disciplinary stabbings

He deserved it.

He needs to get a current gen system.

This is a little queer...
I wonder what game the child was playing? It has little relevance, but still circumstances could have been different. If the child was playing Dora the Explorer or something soft like that his reaction time would have been slow. If he had been playing Tekken 6 or if "I" was playing Tekken 6, it would have been different.
Playing Anna Williams as I normally do not only would I have noticed her trying to hit me from behind, I would have broken her arm in many different places and then danced seductively? I would like dream that I could do so anyway.

benbenthegamerman:
So... no one is suprised that there hasn't been an uproar of BEER MAKES ADULTS VIOLENT?

oh irony, you must love me. you really must. in fact, someone should forward this story to jack thompson, and see what he has to say.

No, because beer makes lots and lots of money. They aren't about to say that'll kill/make you kill others.

Loop Stricken:
As soon as I saw this, a part of me hoped it was the same woman who called 911 because her son played too much (game) at 2am.

Why would a Scottish woman call an American emergency number?

/boggle.

Cyberjester:

What's with that? No English person I know likes Welsh, although they're fine with Irish which they're still fighting with. :S

The Irish have awesome accents and good booze, and they're a bunch a'jolly folk when they're not tryin' ta kill you, or each other.

The Welsh, conversely, don't have awesome accents and instead of good booze they have rain and sheep.

Also every one of my Duke of Edinburgh expeditions ended up being in Wales and it always fecking rained and I always fecking hated it.

Julianking93:
He deserved it.

He needs to get a current gen system.

The news are typically video game ignorant on these subjects. They'd probably call a PS3 a "Playstation" and as everybody knows and Playstation is called a PSX. Snick Snick Huur.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.