Analyst Predicts GTA 5 at Next E3

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Analyst Predicts GTA 5 at Next E3

A market analyst is predicting that Rockstar will announce the next installment in the GTA series at the next E3.

Jesse Divnich, a market analyst for EEDAR, is predicting that Rockstar will tease the next Grand Theft Auto game at the 2010 E3."I think there won't be any playable stuff. I think they'll give you some type of teaser, because we do think that a year from then in 2011 we're going to see another Grand Theft Auto," he said.

When asked about exclusivity deals, Divnich was skeptical, saying that Grand Theft Auto, while still a big brand, wasn't the unit shifting behemoth that it once was. "Back in 2004, the Grand Theft Auto was a huge brand, but only relative to the other brands that existed at the time. While the GTA brand is certainly bigger now than it was five years ago, others have emerged to reach similar levels of success, such as Call of Duty or Guitar Hero."

"I don't foresee Microsoft or Sony attempting to obtain any type of exclusivity with the next Grand Theft Auto. Microsoft paid a lot of money for exclusivity on the downloadable content for GTA IV, which unfortunately did little to move consoles for Microsoft."

If Rockstar follows its own pattern, GTA V will be set in Vice City, but given how gorgeous Liberty City was in GTA IV, I'm kind of hoping that it jumps the gun and heads straight for San Andreas, because I want to see what Rockstar does with Las Venturas.

Source: CVG

At this rate in the next 10 years they may catch up to Square for game with long numbers after them.

Let's hope this one will be fun then, shall we?

I'm fine with going back to San Andreas, as long as it isn't another sterotypical "gangsta" trying to reclaim the hood. But, I just want to see a new GTA game set in either Vice City or San Andreas with awesome graphics, gameplay like GTA IV, and a new storyline and characters.

Oooh! Oooh! Can I play?

Amnestic Analyst predicts Diablo 4, Starcraft 3 and Halflife 3: Episode 2 at next E3.

If Rockstar follows its own pattern, GTA V will be set in Vice City, but given how gorgeous Liberty City was in GTA IV, I'm kind of hoping that it jumps the gun and heads straight for San Andreas, because I want to see what Rockstar does with Las Venturas.

I think it's about time we brought GTA back to London.

I liked GTA IV, so I hope they keep it the same and don't go back to "Drive combine harvesters down a road".

I'll be happy to see Vice City, San Andreas or London. We shall see.

Fuck I really want it to be somewhere that isn't in the US for once.

Also did anyone else find it funny that they used a GTA IV pic? Idk but seeing the logo in the corner seemed hilarious to me since this is talking about V.

Amnestic:

This guy gets what I'm saying.

Amnestic:
Oooh! Oooh! Can I play?

Amnestic Analyst predicts Diablo 4, Starcraft 3 and Halflife 3: Episode 2 at next E3.

sadly, Half-Life 2: episode 3 is really Half-Life 3......................

also, I think game developers are kinda worried about setting games in london, I mean, The Getaway was a pretty bad game after all.

however, a fictional town in England, or island even, would be a-ok, I mean you saw packie walking into an airport terminal in the booklet of "Liberty City Stories", so maybe a Irish/Engilsh type city?

but I would love to see a San Andreas with GTA IV's graphics and controls.

Much better.

i think the analysts will be wrong, yet again. they've said a few times that GTA V isn't coming out any time soon

I wonder when all these analysts are planning to get real jobs.

Amnestic:

Not just yet.First Vice City,then they can do your precious London.

Aslong as there is no liberty city i will be happy. Im sick of playing that damn city on every GTA game!
I hoep they make a remark of London or a next (i sppose "now"?) gen console remark of San Andreas.

Completely destroyable terrain and buildings, ion-cannons that are able to burn through an entire block with a single shot and it'll have platformer-esque controls.

That is what sandbox games require in my opinion and for less they shouldn't bother any more.

A map-creator would be good too for multiplayer and goofing around.

How to do:
Your character can sleep anywhere and when you do nanobots rebuild the entire map so you won't be screwed when you get a mission called "Rob the general store" if you blew up the general store a few missions ago. Take a nap and it's back.
Every character you find is killable, because of that your missions will be brought to you through the mail (You could kill the mailman too. But after 10 dead mailmans your mail will be delivered by ninjas who are nearly impossible to see and nearly impossible to kill. Unless you're dressed like a pirate, then a single sip of your bottle of rum will vaporize every ninja on the map)

The DSM:
At this rate in the next 10 years they may catch up to Square for game with long numbers after them.

Hell, at this rate they can prolly do it in 5...

i don't hope they skip vice city, gta vice city is still my favorite sand box game (brutal legend came oh so close) and for me its the last game before the series went down hill, i hope they will make a silly funny gta again, but i guess they can do that in any city.

also i really doubt they will make gta 5, ill eat my own hat if they don't make 2-5 gta4 "blabla" before going to number 5.

I doubt it will be titled GTAV. I predict it will be titled GTA: Fictional City.

It will most likely run on the same engine as GTAIV but with more graphical enhancements and gameplay additions similar to what they did with Vice City and San Andreas after GTAIII. I think they will save V for the next generation of GTA games.

As far as the location, I'm hoping for somewhere new. I loved Liberty City but parts of it gave me a "been there, done that" feeling from playing so many other games set in New York. I would love to see a location with a more mountainous environment as well. Liberty City was a bit too flat. Something similar to San Andreas would be preferable with several different cities and environments, but I'm hoping for something completely different.

There are five GTA3 games (including LC and VC stories), so I think there'll be a lot more stuff in the 4 engine before a fifth will be launched, which will probably be when the next consoles are already out.

Woodsey:
I wonder when all these analysts are planning to get real jobs.

This. I think the astrologer for Famitsu gets more done than the analysts.

That being said, why does Rockstar have to announce GTAV next year? Maybe they have some new IP they'd like to share, instead...

Distorted Stu:
Aslong as there is no liberty city i will be happy. Im sick of playing that damn city on every GTA game!
I hoep they make a remark of London or a next (i sppose "now"?) gen console remark of San Andreas.

It's just a name. The cities aren't identical.

RanD00M:

Amnestic:

We've already had two games with Vice City in since our last London game (which was only an expansion to begin with as memory serves). I think it's about time we got to revisit merry old England - or somewhere else in Britain. Hell, just getting out of America would be nice.

Amnestic:

RanD00M:

Amnestic:

We've already had two games with Vice City in since our last London game (which was only an expansion to begin with as memory serves). I think it's about time we got to revisit merry old England - or somewhere else in Britain. Hell, just getting out of America would be nice.

Christ, the controversy it'll cause if it's based on London again...

NY must sort of be used to it by now (most games base their city environments on at least some aspects if it's set in America), but when was the last time London was done in a game?

If it comes down to GTA V and Saints Row 3 this time, for me i'm going to be getting SR3, considering how much better than GTA IV SR2 was.

yeah they'll show a teaser and nuthin else, kinda like L.A. Noir and Agent...so where are those games Rockstar?

(P.S. L.A. Noir was announced way back in 2006 with only a teaser, nothing else has shown up since then)

I hope we go to Glasgow. Damn, that would be awesome.

I actually disagree with the analyst. Sure, there will probably be a new GTA in the new future (as in, 2-3 years from now), but I doubt it will debut at E3, since Rockstar rarely show their faces at the place (with the possible exception of the announcement of The Agent being developed for the PS3).

Woodsey:

Amnestic:

RanD00M:

Amnestic:

NY must sort of be used to it by now (most games base their city environments on at least some aspects if it's set in America), but when was the last time London was done in a game?

As far as I know it was "Gangs of London" for the PSP (2006) released by the same guys who did The Getaway series.

Well, late 2007 if you count it being released on the PSN.

Amnestic:

Woodsey:

Amnestic:

RanD00M:

Amnestic:

As far as I know it was "Gangs of London" for the PSP (2006) released by the same guys who did The Getaway series.

Well, late 2007 if you count it being released on the PSN.

Not too far back then.

Still - it's GTA. For many people the only videogame in existence is GTA. I don't predict things going well if that's what they do.

Amnestic:

Maybe. Maybe somewhere wholy new!

Anywho, as for why the DLC failed to sell well, ITS BECAUSE IT WAS DLC!

With GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, we got new cities, complete new stories, and people who didn't like GTA III could just buy GTA VC or SA without the original GTA III CD

With the GTA IV dlc, we got the same city, with new stories (though shorter than a full game), and you had to have already bought GTA IV. Though it was cheaper.

The problem with the DLC is it was it could only be bought by a reduced market, and then further reduced still by exclusively agreement with Microsoft. Hell, I couldn't buy it for awhile as I didn't have a wireless modem, and I didn't feel like moving my XBox downstairs to wire the connection straight to the modem. Basically, Rockstar, I enjoyed GTA IV, and I also enjoyed the DLC's, but please, don't fuck yourself like that again - I enjoy most of your games too much to want to see you implode through foolishness.

Doug:

Amnestic:

Maybe. Maybe somewhere wholy new!

You know what? Not a bad plan.

Woodsey:

Not too far back then.

Still - it's GTA. For many people the only videogame in existence is GTA. I don't predict things going well if that's what they do.

Was going to say DEFCON might count as well (since London was technically in it. Technically!), but that was 2006 as well, although there was meant to be a DS port in Q3 2009. Dunno if that ever hit shelves though; I certainly never saw it.

Make it in Vice City. And PLEASE make it fun again. GTA4 had great characters but they removed all the fun weapons, all the fun vehicles, all the fun clothes and all the other fun and random stuff. Oh yeah and give us more than just city city city.

Crossing my fingers for another San Andreas. It made no real sense, was more than a little barmy and was a load more fun than GTA4 because of it.

Why has no one suggested Australia yet? Hell, they could have a mission where you kill an infamous attourney-general...

wait didnt at some point a while ago rockstar said that after GTA4 all GTA's after will be a ps3 exclusive? I am I mistaken?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here