Japanese Gymnast Robot Will Doom Us All

Pages PREV 1 2

That's probably the most impressive "basement programmer" robot I've ever seen. can't compete with the multi-billion dollar companies, but still impressive.

Kuliani:

nilcypher:
solar mines

Um.

Mines are underground. And, uh, sunlight doesn't go through... wait, wait.

So, you are saying that robots will be using us to mine raw materials for their solar "things", thus you are just being all hip and cool and using the slang "solar mines" when you meant "solar material mines"?

Or are you saying that robots will be able to make sunlight go through opaque surfaces?

No no, solar mines as in mining the surface of the sun, obviously!

swaki:
the Japanese civilians are building robot monkeys in their basements! ROBOT! MONKEYS! BASEMENTS! CIVILIANS!

and here us Scandinavians have been bragging about being able to build ikea furnitures, and this is just a random dude wanting to make a youtube video, so what if this is only in beta, think of what the government are building right now.

i believe that the Japanese people have robot monkey servants that they have been hiding from the rest of us, i am now moving Japan on the top of my list, Finland will have to wait (they found a way to make fruit and nuts without the "shell").

No, silly, they're obviously building the different parts to Voltron in their collective basements!

Et3rnalLegend64:
Does anyone else find it suspicious that the Japanese have started building so many robots with human capabilities recently? They might be planning to take over. Someone watch out for when they start making working Gundams.

Leave the Gundams to these guys...
One DU round will put them down for good.

CantFaketheFunk:

Et3rnalLegend64:

AlexWinter:

Et3rnalLegend64:
Does anyone else find it suspicious that the Japanese have started building so many robots with human capabilities recently? They might be planning to take over. Someone watch out for when they start making working Gundams.

Have you seen the giant Gundam model in Japan? Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that became animate and takes Korea hostage.

Of course I have. I've been calling dibs on Tallgeese III every time Funk makes an article about that thing.

Screw you man, Tallgeese III is mine.

Over my dead body! (I'll settle for Epyon...)

Whilst I'm encouraged by it's current extreme lack of co-ordination, I feel we must applaud the human constructor minion on getting one thing right - it actually SOUNDS LIKE A ROBOT. Haven't been party to that good old school servomotor noise outside of cartoons for a very long time now :D

Can we decree that all robots have to make those odd whirr-urr-rrp noises from now on?

By the way, how do we know we're not building a modern cybertron on earth? How do you think the transformers got so agile (for multi-tonne lumps of sentient metal) without these kind of beginning stages along the way? I mean, look at how they can rollerblade down highways whilst still engaged in a pitched battle...

Onyx Oblivion:
I don't feel threatened by this robot. I'm more threatened by the fact that he built this in a closet. Seriously, what's next? Nukes in a Closet? (starring Samuel L. Jackson)

More like nuclear reactors in a garden shed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hahn

Good ol' David Hahn, he irradiated his neighborhood to some 1000 times the normal background radiation, and probably would have succeed in his attempts if he had more time. All when he was only 16.

He did get his Eagle Scout merit badge in atomic energy through, so I guess it's all good in the end.

Why science why!? What did I ever do to you? Why do you keep trying to make immortal supersoldiers, killbots, hardon colliders, nanite swarms, and super weapons?

still kind of creepy when robots do human things.

maybe I should finish that EMP bomb

AT-4 booom.

I don't fear the machine =D.

Besides, we already know from countless movies, books and TV shows what will happen, so we can prevent it!

Note to self: Use fast robots with gymnastics capabilities for the first wave(s) where I haven't thorn all walls down yet.

Bad timing indeed! It flew farther than I expected it to, though, so it must be pretty lightweight. Not good news for humanity!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here