Modders Port Left 4 Dead 1 Into Left 4 Dead 2

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Modders Port Left 4 Dead 1 Into Left 4 Dead 2

Feel like taking Ellis, Coach, Rochelle and Nick through "No Mercy" or "Blood Harvest"? Thanks to the work of some enterprising modders, the L4D campaigns are now playable in L4D2.

Some Left 4 Dead fans have a hard time letting go of the past - despite L4D2 being an improvement on the first almost across the board, there remains a smattering of hardcore L4D1 aficionados who can't fathom the idea of a game without Zoey, Francis, Bill, and Louis - or a game with all-new campaigns. Valve is already taking care of the first group with its The Passing DLC campaign, but it's up to modders to take care of the second.

And so they have.

The "L4D on L4D2" Steam Group has been hard at work porting the first game into the second, and looks to be all but complete. The original four campaigns are now for download in two flavors - an "Original" that preserves it exactly as you remember, and a "Modified" version that adds the new melee weapons, new guns, new Infected, and the special Daytime lighting of L4D2. Oh, and it looks like all eight Survivors will be playable, as you can probably tell from the above video that swaps out Rochelle for Zoey. There won't be any customized dialogue between them, though - at least, not until The Passing, when Ellis can hit on Zoey and Francis can piss off Coach by saying he hates football.

So there you go. You can download the mod here, and now all sixteen L4D fans who haven't made the switch yet have no further excuse.

JUST LET IT GO!

Though 8 players sounds like a blast in survival.

I agree. I've been on the fence for a long time, but buy L4D2 while it's cheaper. It is AWESOMER than L4D.

Still, I would on the other hand like to have the original four survivors in L4D2. So you could play with Bill and Zoey and the rest on new maps, against the new infected. So yeah, I probably will download the mod.

I'm all for importing the original Left 4 Dead maps, but importing the old survivors is rather pointless.

yo dawg so i heard you like l4d so we put l4d in your l4d so you can kill zombies while killing zombies.

yes i was the weakest amongst us.

its kind of cool but ehh most people who have lfd 1 have left for dead 2 i guess.

It's not the same without the old survivors :\

I dont have l4d2 yet, I am one of those 16...
Though my excuse is that I got Empire Total War for half price and then sunk 15 hours into it, and will wait for the inevitable half price offer for L4d2

ZOEY!!!!

*Ahem*... Yes. Modding is nice.

Mr.Tea:
ZOEY!!!!

It's not Zoey though. It's still Rochelle's voice. So I really don't see the point in this.

Internet Kraken:

Mr.Tea:
ZOEY!!!!

It's not Zoey though. It's still Rochelle's voice. So I really don't see the point in this.

I think they're adding Zoey (et al) sound files judging from the comments.

CantFaketheFunk:

Internet Kraken:

Mr.Tea:
ZOEY!!!!

Well until the new DLC is released Zoey won't have any new dialogue. It'd seem awkward to have her not say anything to the other survivors regarding their current situation.

CantFaketheFunk:

Internet Kraken:

Mr.Tea:
ZOEY!!!!

They better! Zoey is my favorite character and that's the whole reason why I'm getting this mod! I mean honestly, why wouldn't they add the sound files in, did they not think people would get pissed when Bill sounded like Coach?

swaki:
yo dawg so i heard you like l4d so we put l4d in your l4d so you can kill zombies while killing zombies.

That just made my day.

Now all arguments can die.

Valve is providing DLC, and the "dedicated community" from L4D has created something that combines the two.

There is literally nothing to complain about anymore.

I'll wait until they add some sound files.

Still looks pretty sweet.

WanderFreak:

Valve is providing DLC, and the "dedicated community" from L4D has created something that combines the two.

Oh, people will find something, they always do.

SomeGuyNamedKy:

swaki:

That just made my day.

aww im glad that someone appreciate my sophisticated humor, and your not even British.

That was clearly Zoey speaking with Rochelle's voice, and the others were referring to her as Rochelle. This is nice thought, but not thoroughly put together. Methinks it is more to get the L4D2 stuff into L4D maps, boomer bile, adrenaline, etc. Frankly it doesn't excite me that much because I don't have that much attachment to the new characters as I do the old. Coach and Rochelle are annoying as all get out and really don't have that much charisma, and for some reason the new bots are even dumber than Louisbot is. I ain't about to count on their help when on the roof of the hospital. Best way to use this is strictly multiplayer.
This will get a lot of people by until The Passing comes out, and then I look forward to a real mod done from there that takes advantage of what Valve provides, and maybe provided by more with real initiative.

Why is it that all these modders play left 4 dead from a third person perspective?

So, wait, you need Left 4 Dead 1 or Left 4 Dead 2? I'm confused.

Internet Kraken:

Mr.Tea:
ZOEY!!!!

Hopefully when the DLC comes out, they'll replace Rochelle's voice with hers. Still, it's a step forward in getting rid of Rochelle.

Mr.Tea:

Internet Kraken:

Mr.Tea:
ZOEY!!!!

Hopefully when the DLC comes out, they'll replace Rochelle's voice with hers. Still, it's a step forward in getting rid of Rochelle.

Yes, we we will replace a bland character with one that is equally bland!

Never understood why everyone loves Zoey so much. Much like Rochelle, she has very few lines in the game and the most memorable ones only pertain to movie quotes.

After playing the demo for both L4D and L4D2 I must be the only person on earth who doesn't "get" it. Having said that I found Nazi-Zombies boring and didn't take to horde mode so it was a bit ambitious to think I'd fall in love with L4D.

Fair play to the modders though. A much more worth while goal than reworking the Zoey model to make her naked.

Internet Kraken:

Mr.Tea:

Internet Kraken:

Mr.Tea:
ZOEY!!!!

Yes, we we will replace a bland character with one that is equally bland!

Never understood why everyone loves Zoey so much. Much like Rochelle, she has very few lines in the game and the most memorable ones only pertain to movie quotes.

Because she is t3h hawt gurl, of course.

CantFaketheFunk:
...despite L4D2 being an improvement on the first almost across the board...

i lul'd HARD at this.

OT:

modders don't have a hard time letting go. they just have a good time making/remaking/getting nude old/new stuff

Man, that looks really sweet! Being able to play L4D2 style in the original L4D makes me wanna hurry up and buy my means of playing online and buying the DLC to play this when it's available.

WanderFreak:

*grumble grumble* They'll probably release it for free for the PC and charge beaucoup spacebucks for the 360... *grumble grumble*

(like that?)

AnonymouZero:

CantFaketheFunk:

i lul'd HARD at this.

So which aspect wasn't improved?

swaki:

SomeGuyNamedKy:

swaki:

That just made my day.

aww im glad that someone appreciate my sophisticated humor, and your not even British.

Why thank you for noticing my nationality?

so they just imported L4d1 into L4d2

Looks cool, but I gotta ask. What's with the diffrent color in the item glows? It may have just been me, but why are the items giving off a green glow instead of there normal blue one?

Other then that, it looks awsome, but if I wanted to play the Left 4 Dead campaigns, I would run Left 4 Dead. Why does everyone really feel like they need to add in diffrent skins to the survivors if it's not gonna do anything?

CantFaketheFunk:
and now all sixteen L4D fans who haven't made the switch yet have no further excuse.

Yes I do:
> It currently costs more than what is in my bank account (damn work christmas holidays)
> I only just bought L4d on sale after after a lot of nagging from my friends.
> I'd rather get a computer capable of running it well first
> When I think of the whole l4d/l4d2 franchise I don't think "awesome", I think "meh".

--OneofSixteen--

Abedeus:

AnonymouZero:

CantFaketheFunk:

i lul'd HARD at this.

So which aspect wasn't improved?

The aspect where he wasn't able to get it for free because he thinks Valve owes him, obviously.

Funny, I would have preferred just the opposite, bringing the original four into the new game seems like a better deal.

Internet Kraken:
I'm all for importing the original Left 4 Dead maps, but importing the old survivors is rather pointless.

The old survivors were a lot less... Shit, though.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.