Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000 Now on Steam

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000 Now on Steam

Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000, an update of Rebellion's acclaimed 2000 shooter Aliens vs. Predator Gold, is now available on Steam.

The new update of AvP Gold, which was itself an update of the original Aliens vs. Predator released by Rebellion in 1999, gives players a chance to get down with some old-time xenomorph hunting action while they wait for Rebellion's newest game, the ever-so-creatively titled Aliens vs. Predator. Maybe nobody's scoring any points for originality here, but in its day Aliens vs. Predator Gold was one of the best shooters on the market and it remains a high-water mark for fans of the franchise.

AvP Classic 2000 features all three campaigns from the game (Alien, Predator and Colonial Marine) and all the levels from the original release plus the Millennium Expansion Pack. Multiplayer is not currently supported but will be added in a free patch, while the Skirmish mode against endless Alien hordes is included. The game has been updated to run on current hardware using DirectX 9.0c and offers support for Xbox 360 controllers in Windows, but "current hardware" hardly seems necessary; the game requires a minimum of a Pentium II 400 MMX, 128 meg of RAM and 500 meg of hard drive space.

So if you've got five bucks to spare and an urge to get in touch with your inner Hudson, head over to Steam and hook yourself up. For those in the mood for something a little more up-to-date, Rebellion's new Aliens vs. Predator hits the shelves on February 16.

*Clicks on steam to start*

Hurryhurryhurryhurryhurryhurryhurry

What about Alien versus Predator 2?

Edit: Holy shit! Only 3 euros!

Also February 16 for new A versus Predator? Why must so many good games come out when I'm upgrading my PC. : ( (It's getting a PC release right?)

This is brilliant news.

Although if memory serves a number of Escapists are going to be wandering about with shredded nerves for the next few weeks...

Now that's a title I haven't seen in ages, and at five bucks I'll probably grab a copy of it too. Time to go chomp some Marine heads!

Wow, that looks square.
The only Alien Vs Predator games I played were:
Aliens Vs Predator: Extinction on the original xbox, and
Aliens Vs Predator 2 on PC. Which must be the follow on from that one, as the graphics are much better...
I think I may have to set up AvP 2 on my pc now... never could open that first door as a marine...

Aww. I have fond memories of being scared to death by this game when I was 10 or whatever. God this game has better atmosphere than any other shooter I've played. And since it's old then it'll work on my crappy little laptop!

TO STEAM!!!

Marines suck.

Predators suck.

Aliens are fucking awesome!!!!!

oliveira8:

Maybe they're working on that too? Live in hope.

What do we have here
looks like a game of ultimate badasses

fix-the-spade:

oliveira8:

Maybe they're working on that too? Live in hope.

Here's hoping. Never played this AvP, but for this price it's a crime not to try. But played a lot of AvP2. And by playing I mean cowering in some corner scared to death.

This classic owns. Would be better if we could register our existing games instead of buying a new license. But still, it's only 3 euros... so, yeah.

I would buy it if my computer would start cooperating with Steam games.

DAMN YOU COMPUTER!

Gamepad support eh? That's another game I can play from the comfort of a bean bag...

It's selling for £3 in UK which is amazing as even online I can't find a new copy for much less than £6.

oliveira8:

Here's hoping. Never played this AvP, but for this price it's a crime not to try.

It's things like that that make me think Steam is starting off a revolution in game pricing, enough of this "charge as much as we can get away with for as long as possible" and start getting real with how the majority of gamers out there aren't ready to drop £40/$60+ on a new game.

half the price, quadruple the sales.

I just got Aliens Vs Predator 2! Can't wait to kill me some xenomorphs!

I take that the first one was as good as the second?

Greyfox105:

Aliens Vs Predator 2 on PC. Which must be the follow on from that one, as the graphics are much better...
I think I may have to set up AvP 2 on my pc now... never could open that first door as a marine...

Both games are in no way related to each other, even the expansion pack for the second game was just a nine mission(three for each race) addon that were connected with each other, but in no way to the original game.

On-Topic: Never really liked the first game, the gameplay is too unforgiving, especially as an alien(my favourite race to play as). IIRC, the first mission you have to escape an area, navigate a small 3d 'maze' that will lead you in circles then when you finally get in the main chamber it's guarded by four or five marines that almost instantly know where you are and have near-perfect aim.

Flour:

Therein lies the problem: The keypad didn't work.
I spent 10 minutes using the hacking device on everything in the area, to no effect.
I just equipped the knife and stabbed the team leader, mission failed :|
I got much further with aliens, it was fun to play as the Xenomorphs.

*BLIP*......*BLIP*......*BLIP*.....*BLIP*....*BLIP*...*BLIP*..*BLIP*.*BLIPBLIPBLIPBLIPBLIPBLIP*

Hubilub:
*Clicks on steam to start*

Hurryhurryhurryhurryhurryhurryhurry

In the pipe, five by five.

I hope they added widescreen support.

AVP2 is the game of choice though, AVP`s plot was non existent, where as the sequel has a brilliant set of intertwining plots.

I liked the Aliens first levels in AVP2, probaly one of the most original ideas in a long time.

Downloading because any FPS my laptop can run is well worth 5 bucks. Glad to read these comments to find out that I'm probably getting one hell of a deal.

That is epic! So gonna D/L that!

are the graphics better than the original? i've go both the pc ones and by some miracle windows 7 still runs the original! i'm replaying them both before the new one comes out, but for three quid i may get a better version.

I just watched all four Alien movies, both Predators, and AvP: Requiem (they're all on the free On Demand right now). So you can imagine that I'm getting this as we speak.

Andy Chalk:
128 meg of RAM and 500 meg of hard drive space.

Oh snap.That way to much of a challenge for my computer.It only has 73Gb hard drive space loose.Out of 500.And i only have 4 Gb ram.
Oh woe is me.I will never be able to play this game.

/sarcasm

OT:Sweet.Now i am off the shoot aliens.

EnzoHonda:
I just watched all four Alien movies, both Predators, and AvP: Requiem (they're all on the free On Demand right now). So you can imagine that I'm getting this as we speak.

I watched Aliens yesterday. Best of the franchise.

Hunde Des Krieg:

EnzoHonda:

Agreed. Any time it's on TV, I end up watching it. It shows why James Cameron rocks so hard. He makes movies that are awesome.

Awesome, I'm definitely getting this game, only 5$! I have been waiting to play this game for forever!

James Cameron RULES!

But where is the second game?

EnzoHonda:

Hunde Des Krieg:

EnzoHonda:

Agreed. Any time it's on TV, I end up watching it. It shows why James Cameron rocks so hard. He makes movies that are awesome.

I thought Alien and Aliens were Ridley Scott.

As I wait for the game to finish downloading, I pause to consider when that patch that allows multiplayer will be out...and then I squeal with glee.

fix-the-spade:
This is brilliant news.

Although if memory serves a number of Escapists are going to be wandering about with shredded nerves for the next few weeks...

i will be one of them

thebobmaster:

EnzoHonda:

Hunde Des Krieg:

EnzoHonda:

Alien was by Ridley Scott. AlienS was by James Cameron.

Hannibal942:

thebobmaster:

EnzoHonda:

Hunde Des Krieg:

EnzoHonda:

Alien was by Ridley Scott. AlienS was by James Cameron.

No wonder they seemed like different movies. Well, they are both awesome. And Predator is awesome as well.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.