Help Haiti by Playing Halo

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Help Haiti by Playing Halo

Want an easy and quick way to donate money to Haiti? Well head to Xbox Live and play a few games of Halo.

As one of the poorest nations in the world, Haiti needs all the help it can get following the earthquake that shook the country earlier this week. If you're a little strapped for cash but still want to donate money to the relief efforts for Haiti, then Bungie might just be able to help you out.

By changing your icon to a heart in a circle - as shown on the right - and playing one of the multiplayer modes on Halo 3 or ODST on this coming Wednesday or Thursday. For every player that does this, Bungie will donate ten cents to the Red Cross, up to a total of $77,000. More information about the Bungie's event can be found on its blog, or you can buy one of these shirts, if you want to make a bigger donation.

Source: Joystiq

I think I'm going to organise a few Halo games with my friends.
I don't really play Halo any more, but if it helps out, then I may as well do it.

I'll donate myself, I don't have an Xbox.

Nice of them to do it though. I can't really be cynical about this, I mean, 100,000 people just died.

Wait, is it ODST or halo 3?

'cos I want to do it, but I don't know which game.

factualsquirrel:

'cos I want to do it, but I don't know which game.

It says both in the article.

But this is awesome! This is why Bungie is my favorite studio of all time.

factualsquirrel:

I believe the article said either one will do.

TheNumber1Zero:
I believe the article said either one will do.

TheFacelessOne:
It says both in the article.

But this is awesome! This is why Bungie is my favorite studio of all time.

Thanks.

Also, thefacelessone, your favourite studio of all time, really?

factualsquirrel:

Thanks.

Also, thefacelessone, your favourite studio of all time, really?

Hey, I'm entitled to my own opinion.

Great Stuff, I've been looking for a way to help out. =D

Alrighty then. To help them out.

Sweet, good to know I can help, this is really saint like of Bungie

Well this is ironic, kill people to save people.

I've already donated $4, but $4.10 couldn't hurt.

TheFacelessOne:

I was mainly wondering your reasons behind this, I mean, I love halo and everything, but in my eyes thy're not the best ever.

Great idea, and I'll log in if I can.

NOOOOO!! WHY DID I LEAVE MY XBOX IN ITALY LIKE I ALWAYS DO?

But then again I'm a boarder, so I couldn't play anyway.

I'll be there.

If braving the masses of children is going to donate money to those in need, I'll do it.

If people REALLY wanted to donate to help they wouldn't need something like this.

Nice but no xbox :(, my dad took it away so now I can't help donate money playing video games. That was his plan all along!

factualsquirrel:

TheFacelessOne:

I was mainly wondering your reasons behind this, I mean, I love halo and everything, but in my eyes thy're not the best ever.

It could be because of one of their earlier games, like Marathon.

dekkarax:

factualsquirrel:

TheFacelessOne:

It could be because of one of their earlier games, like Marathon.

I just wiki'd it, and that looks oh-so similar to Halo, although I haven't actually played it.

I wish it was going by the game rather than per player, but if it helps, I'll do it.

If i had money and a heart i would donate. But as it stands i Don't play Xbox Online and i i don't have any money. Or a heart.

I'll have to dust off Halo 3 and do this. Hooray for awesome charity events!

Well this is a nice, positive excuse to play video games.

They're also donating all profits they recieve from their online store to help Haiti as well. This is actually rather generous of them.

I'll do this, good to help out at least and have fun while doing it.

I don't have an xbox or care for HALO at all. But that's an awesome idea that Bungie is promoting. Almost makes me wish I did play.

Would have gotten me to play Halo for once... But the disk is scratched up beyond recognition.

freetogoodhome:
They're also donating all profits they recieve from their online store to help Haiti as well. This is actually rather generous of them.

So much for M$, ay?

And yet I'm still not willing to subject myself to that torture. Well, I would, but I don't own any Halo disc. Besides, I already donated quite a bit.

it'd be cool if they made it every single game.

I personally like the "Haiti" to 90999 for $10 to the Red Cross.

I'd honestly love to play and help the effort, but it really doesn't help that my Xbox hard drive is effed. *Sigh* Hopefully I'll be able to fix it in time for donation play.

Furburt:

Nice of them to do it though. I can't really be cynical about this, I mean, 100,000 people just died.

I heard on the news is was 200000. I actually froze when I heard that.

Furburt:

No, but you can joke about it.

Bungie set this up so their game would be popular again

They are good men. I'm still waiting for Sony to announce something like this.

What a fantastic idea! It's really great of Bungie to do something like this. I think I'll dust off my copy of Halo 3 and contribute my $0.10 right now. It isn't much, but hopefully it'll help. :)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here