Pre-Order BioShock 2 on Steam, Get BioShock Free

Pages PREV 1 2

Mromson:
I'd grab that if it really was $44.99 USD...

Sadly it's €44.99 EUR instead (aka. $63.99 USD).

Is it really that surprising? Steam has always replaced the dollar sign with an euro sign.
If the game was actually sold for $44,99 it would be €31,65 which I would guess to be roughly the British price.

Arcticflame:
And an offer for you Australian's out there! Buy now and you get your own special regional pricing of 30$ more for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Buy now!

I'm not buying BioShock 2 just because 2k are probably my least favourite publisher due to this regional pricing stupidity.

I know, I wanted to buy it until I saw that. The hell is the point of money exchange rates if publishers make sure it costs the same no matter what.

Something like that.

decent deal, never really saw the big deal about bioshock personally, awesome story but the game itself was really freaking clunky.

That's in the same category with Fallout 3 GOTY. Except less glitchy. Neat deal for anyone who likes a good story and action up the ass.

John Funk:
Or you can buy four copies of BioShock 2 if you... really, really want to, and give them all to your friends or something - it's one of those deals that I doubt anyone will ever use, but Steam has it up anyway.

It's a deal everyone should use actually... It saves you even more money on the price of the game and also you each still get a copy of bioshock 1 to play/gift away. ($135 / 4 = $33.75, a savings of $11.24 on the PREORDER DEAL PRICE, just sayin')

But then again, if you wait about 3 months after they release the game you'll probably get it on a steam deal for even less, and if you can wait about a year you might even get it for 10 or 20 dollars so... I'm just going to wait. Besides steam has such great deals every week that I have about 34 games I've yet to beat/play out, most of which I have yet to even install on my computer.

Oh and I need to play the original bioshock still, which steam has sold for $5 and possibly lower on multiple occasions already.

Well, this kinda sucks. I have BioShock on CD, and then went and bought this, so now I have two copies of BioShock. Oh well, guess it isn't that bad saving $5 (actually more like $10 after tax if I bought retail).

Crap... I already preordered the Limited Edition at GameStop... I mean, I've got the first one for 360 and I've beaten it, but I want it on PC as well.

I considered this deal for a moment, since I haven't played the original yet, but I realized that a more economically sound alternative would be to pick up a physical copy of BioShock for €10 when I go and get my Mass Effect 2 next week.

BioShock 2 can wait.

I didn't like Bioshock, and I deeply regret paying £30 for it, and I am not looking forward too number 2 at all. Then again, no releases in the last year got me interested, since Call of Pripyat and Black mesa source were both delayed.

dkuch:
I would jump over this, but Bioshock 2 has yet to make me excited. It looks to... generic, to me anyway. I will see what the reviews say about it, then make my final decision. There are far to many games coming out this part of the year, I can get this in the summer drought if I want it.

Generic how? I haven't played the original, but the concept was pretty damn original by my standards. It also has a creepy awesome 50's/Steampunk feel to it.

This seems like a nice deal, since i want to play both, but have neither, but i really tend not to pre-order until the game actually is released and reviewed. Still, there are worse games to gamble upon than Bioshock 2.

Hah!

And not get this? You're mad Steam, I have already spent way too much money on other Bioshock items to stop now! *Cue lightning and dramatic music* Mua ha ha ha ha ha haaaa!

JusticarPhaeton:

dkuch:
I would jump over this, but Bioshock 2 has yet to make me excited. It looks to... generic, to me anyway. I will see what the reviews say about it, then make my final decision. There are far to many games coming out this part of the year, I can get this in the summer drought if I want it.

Generic how? I haven't played the original, but the concept was pretty damn original by my standards. It also has a creepy awesome 50's/Steampunk feel to it.

This seems like a nice deal, since i want to play both, but have neither, but i really tend not to pre-order until the game actually is released and reviewed. Still, there are worse games to gamble upon than Bioshock 2.

In all the videos I see the man character destroying ten enemies at once, basically with the main character being a Big Daddy, the player is now bad ass #1532. For me this is a gamble. I want Bioshock, not a fast paced FPS with Bioshock on the label. And to me this would be a gamble and I have many other games I want that are coming out before B2 is on my radar. Like I said, if I am wrong I will pick it up in the summer when my wallet has recovered, till then I need to be proven wrong.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here