Madness? This is Sparta Man II

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Madness? This is Sparta Man II

Clearly, Mega Man was just a wuss.

A long time ago, in the distant wilds of 2007, a movie came out called 300 that featured almost-naked Greek men with ridiculous bodies kicking people down holes and being Generally Awesome. Naturally, the Internet was all over this, and for a good year you couldn't go anywhere around the web without coming face-to-face with the angry visage of King Leonidas telling you that THIS (was) SPARTAAAA.

Those jokes got very, very old, and seem to have mostly died down by now (thankfully). But that wasn't enough for a Newgrounds user named ShadowWhoWalks, who was inspired to pair the Spartans' epic manliness with the legendary Mega Man 2 in Sparta Man II.

As it turns out, the notorious difficulty of the old-school Mega Man games is due to one reason and one alone: Mega Man is a pussy. He dies if he so much as steps on a titanium spork for crying out loud! In contrast, Sparta Man destroys enemies by walking into them, kicks spikes into the ground, and smashes through walls like they're nothing.

It's a 5-minute diversion at the most, but it's still enough to make me smile. And enough to make me forget that I used a goddamn "this is Sparta" joke for the headline.

(Capcom Unity)

I am playing this. Like, now.

Played that this morning.

Was just as hard as it advertised, I enjoyed it. :)

I'm stuck! My manliness destroyed the platforms I was supposed to jump on.

Wow...this is certainly intresting. Time to go get myself stuck!

that was interesting, i suppose its made by the same people who are making the easy mode for the new megaman game.
hehe I'm so funny

Gotta love it when people get creative

...THIS...
...IS....
pretty cool.

I prefer the Delicious Cake from Gladiator Picture.

Grayjack72:

Use your manliness to run through the wall.

Fantastic.

Amnestic:

Grayjack72:

Use your manliness to run through the wall.

I kinda figured that out about two seconds after I posted that. Thanks anyways.

Played it and all I have to say is that: This is madness!

This game was made of pure manly win.

my eyes are bleeding of manlyness now!

Brilliance

gibboss28:
Brilliance

No This Is Manliness!
Going to check it out when I am off work. LoL

Nice.

That music at the beginning... it's not from Mega Man, is it? I recognise it, but I've never played a Mega Man game as far as I can recall (ours was a Sega household, etc) and can't think where I've heard it before.

thecaptainof:
Nice.

That music at the beginning... it's not from Mega Man, is it? I recognise it, but I've never played a Mega Man game as far as I can recall (ours was a Sega household, etc) and can't think where I've heard it before.

That would be the music of the video that started the whole "This is Sparta" craze in the first place. I would post a link to it, but I'm sure the masses would not be pleased.

Never heard of that, but I might check it out.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Oh, that's HILARIOUS.

Man, I gotta go Google Image me some more Sparta stuff now. Time for a testosterone overload.

that game was rather cool, just about short enough for the joke not to run dry

Damnit it made me spontaneously grow a beard. Now I've got to go and shave ¬¬

I played it, and it is indeed hilarious. But I think you may have given away the best part of the game in the article- learning that you win pretty much just by pressing right.

Sev:
Played it and all I have to say is that: This is madness!

Madness?

YOU. SUCK. AT COMEDY.

I've always wanted to use that line. Now I can. That made my day. Thank you.

This is full of wins.

OH MY GOD. Now I know where the title screen for IWBTG is from. (...right? It's from MM2?)

Heh, very short, but diverting. Discting me from the problems I'm having with my DS right now, that's for sure.

Enjoyed this a lot. It is actually funny.

thecaptainof:
Nice.

I wanna be the guy also uses the same Mega Man intro.

<3 it when u press spacebar and he goes SPAAAAAAAAARTAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!
This was brilliant! Awesome game.

I'd prefer Dr.Wily be the guy telling you Spartan jokes arent funny but other than that it was silly enough to hold my attention

No press Starta to start? awww this missed that one
and besides you get 300 extra guys

pressing the space bar to defeat the boss...

Lol at ending couldn't figure out how to kill him for ages.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here