XBLA Games Must be Bought Again in Game Room

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Trivun:

Jiraiya72:

Trivun:
I haven't even switched from using IE.

Dude...Dude..

Explain to me then why I should stop using something that has worked perfectly well without breaking down on me for over three years, that has recently been updated and seems to work even better for me now because of said updates, and that I am intrinsicaly used to?

Because firefox or chrome are better in every way possible? I shouldn't have to explain why or how, you won't find someone claiming IE is better. Also, that gmail hack thing that occurred in china? That happened because of an exploit in IE. Firefox/Chrome had no such exploit. Just the most recent example.

Tom Goldman:
It seems like Microsoft should do the right thing here.

AAAAHAHAAHAAHAAHAA, OOOH HO HO HO!

Maybe the Gates Foundation, but Micro$oft? PUH-LEAZE!

Anyone who actively participates in the XBLA marketplace and doesn't hear the sound of money being vacuumed out of their pocketbook needs a fucking hearing aid! Everything about XBLA is designed with the intent to leverage us into spending every last cent we can part with.

For instance, Zune makes you pay for episodes of South Park. Seriously? As if you can't watch them for free everywhere else?? Netflix has seasons 1 through 9, Southparkstudios.com has all but the latest aired shows available for instant streaming, then of course there's Comedy Central and all the syndicate broadcasters, and yet Microsoft still manages to monetize what few episodes it makes available.
Come. The fuck. On.

And yet I still bought an XBox. Because I can't live without 'Splosion Man and Castle Crashers. DAMMIT

jimduckie:
gee this is sad , i really like my 360 but bullshit like this drives me quackers , bad enough they give us facebook and twitter that doesn't have all the features , we don't get netflix or last fm in canada and zune is well useless and just as bad as rebuying games is the high prices ms charges for old games in god (games on demand ) as for things we could use on xbl will not come ... browser ,access to e-mail

I did not understand a word of that.

Not surprised, it's Microsoft.

Meh. Microsoft can have their damn money. I'm not going to bother with this feature.

TheSchizoid:
So, first we get screwed over with the Zune Marketplace, now the Arcade takes its turn while we're still bent over. Up yours, Micro$oft. I think my avatar says it all.

Whats wrong with the Zune Marketplace? I didnt like it at first, but I have found it convienent to buy and download movies and TV shows there, and then download them to my PC, which is nice.

But yes, MS is the way it is. I know the point of a busniess is to make money, but are they in the same dimension as we are? Do they know there's a recession? If they back all this up with a drop in Live price, I will be happy, but otherwise, M$ can go fuck itself.

You know, I was willing to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt on this, but this...this is crap. I mean sure I didn't buy any of the titles being used in this beforehand but still.

jimduckie:
internet browser ,access to e-mail

Your suppose to use your Windows based PC for that! duh. Why would you want that on a gaming console?

Here's an example of how slow MS is on putting small things in to improve the console:
It took them 4 years to make an eject button on the dashboard.

Well, I don't know about the rest of you. But I feel a boycott coming on.

IMO, anyone who's already bought the games has paid good money for them and should get them in the game room for free.

But the best message to send MS is not to download the game room at all. Make them EARN your money this time.

Chalk this up to another thing "I have no interest in putting any effort in getting."

Thank god for emulators.

All that work for only a fraction of the buyers they might have gotten if they'd just switch the games over? Forget doing the right thing for the customers, they are being incredibly stupid on the part of their own pocketbooks.

I certainly am not going to spend any money at that place when I already have two XBLA games.

Hey, no need to hate on the idea. There are people who will use it and love it and people who will ignore it. At least they are trying something different. But I agree that if you have already bought a game, you shouldn't have to buy it again to use it somewhere else.

....*laughs*

Sorry I had no interest in this before but now I'm just filled with laughter. This is really pathetic. Do they REALLY think people are going to rebuy the games they already have? ...*looks at the 5 different copies of Sonic the Hedgehog on his shelf* ...It's different trust me.

MurderousToaster:
Meh. Microsoft can have their damn money. I'm not going to bother with this feature.

Same, if I want to play any of those games, I'll just find the inevitable free flash game on the internet.

Jiraiya72:
Because firefox or chrome are better in every way possible?

Y'know, this is what people say, but I've noticed very little difference between the performance of Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Well, except Firefox loads The Escapist horribly broken for me, with missing graphics, fucked fonts etc.

And while those add-ons do sound nice, I'm not too interested. Also, I prefer right-clicking and saving target, rather than Firefox's weird download manager thingy.

although IE does have dodgy security

Yay, moneygrubbing.

And let the 360 flaming... begin.

Oh, no. Wait. It's already started.

scotth266:
Given how oddly identical Sony and Microsoft have become over time, it's no surprise to me that Microsoft suddenly felt the insane urge to make their own version of Home. 360 owners rejoice: you can now get in on all that inane social platforming that you were missing out on because you didn't have a PS3.

...people actually USE Home?

What the hell is wrong with all those companies nowdays? Why is there so much emphasis on screwing customers up so publicly and unapologetically?

It doesn't matter whether it is 3, or 5, or 10. What matters is the act itself, (dick move) as well as the fact while 3 or 5 bucks might seem low, combined for all customers who buy it, it could end up giving a good amount of extra cash to Micro$oft.

messy:
This is just plain stupid, it's just poor customer relations.

How can they expect this to work, were things much too simple as it was and they needed to confuse live/arcade customers even more?

Seriously. They do enough to make things bad enough but this adds fuel to a fire

guys, you underestimate the power fo retards...

think how much money people waste f clothing for online avatars and other things that make 0 sence, in comparision this woulld be a good buy...

and no im not saying this is a good idea, its stupid for any sane customer, but i bet they get plenty of sales

Thats just plain stupid..
Plus it looks like a smaller, cheaper rip-off of playstation home..
And we know how well that did?

Trivun:

Jiraiya72:

Trivun:
I haven't even switched from using IE.

Dude...Dude..

Explain to me then why I should stop using something that has worked perfectly well without breaking down on me for over three years, that has recently been updated and seems to work even better for me now because of said updates, and that I am intrinsicaly used to?

Ever heard of addons? Things such as addblock plus, grease monkey, built in proxies, 4chan redirect and many, many others.

OT; Well, I've only bought Xbox Live Arcade Originals aside from Contra, so I don't really care, to be honest. They've probably got some reasoning for this, aside from the PS3 fanboys in this threads "monehhhhhhh".

Looks to be even less useful than Home, and that's saying a lot.

Ok. The Game Room is an evil idea.

Basically every part is designed to wring money out of its user base. At least with Playstation Home you get a nice apartment, some clothes, access to free games like bowling and arcade titles (as well as those offered in promotional spaces like racing or flying), and you can buy extra stuff if you want to. With the game room you start out with nothing, and you can't even play with your mates unless they fork over cash as well. Plus I'm assuming this is only for XBL Gold members so you're paying for the privilege of being screwed.

Two words

FUCK THAT

I don't understand why they can't just offer the retro versions free if you've already bought the updated versions? Retro versions are often included with the new versions

Wow, that's a rip off.
Guess that's one MORE thing I won't be purchasing due to retarded marketing.

This really isn't a big deal. If you don't want it, don't buy it. No one is forcing you. How much extra fun is this game room really going to add anyway? Why would I want to navigate more loading screens just to get to the shoddily included 8 bit games of yesteryear?

I'm constantly astonished of how game companies keep making the most half-assed business decisions in history... key code DLC (you have literally just payed for unlocking something that is already there in the first place), DRM, Sony (as a whole, I stopped trying to understand what the hell are they doing after the PSPgo), the removal of features in games that literally kill their intended audience (LAN removal by Blizzard for example).... and now this.

the sad part is that the consumers KEEP PAYING UP! In any other business these guys would have bankrupted long time ago. Or at least sunk their profits enough to see how much they are botching their jobs. Or something! But the consumers keep paying and they keep coming up with all these gimmicks to leech from their audiences.

DragonsAteMyMarbles:
I don't...
That's not...
They couldn't...

**ERROR**
**ERROR**
**ERROR**

Forget it, Jake.

It's Chinatown Microsoft.

Tom Goldman:
It seems like Microsoft should do the right thing here.

Since when did capitalism have anything to do with "the right thing"? Or for that matter, Since when did MS have anything to do with "the right thing"? Last I heard getting our money any way they can was the idea, including cutting content from games and charging a nominal fee for the eventual DLC they make of it, or better yet forcing companies to charge for DLC they insist they want to release for free (Epic was one of them).

Just like Avatar garbage, this arcade garbage is just another thinly veiled cash grab. I won't be participating in it, but for every one of me there are at least a dozen people that already have their wallets ajar. MS = 1, sheeple = 0.

This is why I refer to them as M$. They never let something as simple as good PR get in the way of a fast buck.

Like people have said, it's just pathetic.

scotth266:
Given how oddly identical Sony and Microsoft have become over time, it's no surprise to me that Microsoft suddenly felt the insane urge to make their own version of Home. 360 owners rejoice: you can now get in on all that inane social platforming that you were missing out on because you didn't have a PS3.

Oh man that strip is brillant! My first (and last) time on home was pretty much just like that lol.

Is say I bought the Street Fighter 2 Remix.

I have to pay the same amount to buy the origional?
Even when the remix lets you use the origional graphics.

Fuck off Microsoft.

All I can say to this is: the only way to get M$ to sort out their customer service is by not buying things like this.
Unfortunately there's too many with more cash than sense who will validate move like these for M$

Hah. They still haven't sold me on XBLA, hell, they haven't sold me on an X-Box period. Glad I won't be getting ripped off by this.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here