Kratos Invading Slurpee Machines Nationwide

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Kratos Invading Slurpee Machines Nationwide

When Kratos needs a pick-me-up, he heads over to his local 7-Eleven for a Kratos-flavored Slurpee and a Big Bite.

Starting tomorrow, 7-Eleven will begin to sell an exclusive new flavor of Slurpee called "Kratos Fury." That name isn't a coincidence, the new flavor is part of a God of War III marketing campaign that will also include a host of Slurpee cups based on the game.

Kratos Fury is a blend of blackberry and lime formulated by Sony and Mountain Dew, which sounds delicious. If only I didn't think Slurpees were a slurry unworthy of my consumption, I'd be more excited about this. Lime and blackberry are much better tasting than blood and rage, which is how fellow Escapist writer Logan Westbrook feels a Kratos Slurpee should taste.

Each of the four different God of War III Slurpee cups will provide Slurpee Nation codes that can be redeemed for special DLC. According to the PlayStation Blog, these codes will unlock new Kratos costumes, PlayStation 3 themes, or God of War III behind the scenes content. If you aren't a fan of Slurpees, picking up some Mountain Dew at 7-Eleven will also provide a code that can be used to unlock a Mountain Dew hoodie or God of War III t-shirt in PlayStation Home.

Too bad for me, I don't like Mountain Dew either, so I guess I have to miss out on all the fun. I do love myself a good hot dog cooked on a roller machine though. Pop one in a Pandora's Box, and you've got yourself a Dog of War. Make it happen, 7-Eleven.

disappointed. I thought this might be the Kratos from Tales of Symphonia. Its just the loser from God of War...

though i do have to admit the drink sounds very tasty.

Great just what this game needs rampant marketing and consumerism.

Damn it. Looks like I'll have to book a flight to the USA. *Sigh*

Plah. A slurpee dedicated to Kratos should be THE HEARTS AND BLOOD OF YOUR SLAUGHTERED ENEMIES flavour.

I guess that wouldn't be to the taste of your average Joe...

Ha, this reminds me of the time when the Simpsons movie was coming out, 7-11's everywhere were made like the Kwik-E-Mart.

Ahh, marketing, I just love you sometimes.

Do the clerks dress up in mid-evil skirts and have makeshift tatoos on their faces?

Nice...

As I type I stare at my Halo 3 Slurpee cups that I now use as pencil/pen holders

I'm suddenly reminded of Daybreakers.

"I don't give a damn what that sign says, I want more blood in my fucking Slurpee!"

I would expect a Slurpee called Kratos Fury to be more evil than blackberry and lime. If I were to taste one, I would expect to taste the still beating heart of his victim. Or at least have some sort of psychosis-inducing ingredients that cause you to feel Kratos Fury.

Everyone coming out of 7 Eleven is swinging whatever rope-like object they can get a hold of.

Tom Goldman:
Lime and blackberry are much better tasting than blood and rage

Who says so?

Anyways, this sounds even more hilarious than "Halo 3 potato chips". Absolutely great. I expect those DLC codes to pop up on European ebay sites soon.

So does this mean it's now officially OK for children to play violent adult video games?

Considering the US has banned flavoured tobacco because apparently the sweet flavours attract children to that adult product, by the same logic wouldn't putting a violent video game character on a sweet beverage also attract children to that adult product?

I'm assuming that the flavoured tobacco ban was enacted by the ATF and this promotion would come under the FDA, and video game regulation under some other agency, so perhaps it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing...

Also is there a big difference in the target demographic these types of drinks in America? Because in the UK beverages like Slurpees (called Slush Puppies) are generally considered a children's product, and this marketing promotion seems to me like having a GTA promotion within McDonald's Happy Meals - The Niko Bellic poseable action figure, with stolen Taxi and dead hooker playset.

I don't really care as much about this as my post may suggest, but as an outsider looking in, America(n marketing polices) seems quite hypocritical or schizophrenic at times, it seems like it's saying "Ban that! Think of the children. Hey kids, look it's Uncie Kratos!".

Sporky111:
I would expect a Slurpee called Kratos Fury to be more evil than blackberry and lime. If I were to taste one, I would expect to taste the still beating heart of his victim. Or at least have some sort of psychosis-inducing ingredients that cause you to feel Kratos Fury.

Everyone coming out of 7 Eleven is swinging whatever rope-like object they can get a hold of.

Now that would be some good marketing.

What now Dante's Inferno!?

Even our psychopaths are selling out. This is a dark day. Although, I wonder what taste Kratos Fury will have?

What Will become of the Slurm Brand!

Sporky111:
Or at least have some sort of psychosis-inducing ingredients that cause you to feel Kratos Fury.

Beetroot juice, perhaps?

Is this exclusive to the US, or is this going to happen in other countries as well, say, Australia?

Sion_Barzahd:
disappointed. I thought this might be the Kratos from Tales of Symphonia. Its just the loser from God of War...

Damn Ninja'd

When ever I hear the name I think of ToS not god of war haha

Great. The closest 7-11 is about two hours away from here.

Kuchinawa212:

Sion_Barzahd:

Damn Ninja'd

Well he is clearly the superior of the two Kratos.

BAD IDEA.

Slurpees, depressingly, are very much a "kid's" drink, so advertising God of War to slurpee drinkers will do nothing to stop the "games corrupt children" idea.

I'll buy the cup and fill it with the demonic blood of my screaming enemies.

Well as a proud Canadian and Winnipegger, and living in Winnipeg The Slurpee Capital of the World Ten Years Running I owe it to my self and to my Country/City to try this out, if it appears in Canada that is >.>

Blanks:
Well as a proud Canadian and Winnipegger, and living in Winnipeg The Slurpee Capital of the World Ten Years Running I owe it to my self and to my Country/City to try this out, if it appears in Canada that is >.>

I second this statement!

7-Eleven hot dogs will rampage through your intestines like Kratos rampages through ancient Greece.

Trust me. I've eaten there.

I've eaten at 7-Eleven, not ancient Greece. Though honestly I'm not so sure Greek food would treat me any better.

It sounds like a pretty cool collectors item for those who are addicted to the series. I just don't think I would enjoy the slurpee.

This sounds like the kind of thing I'd get before a rugby match. I'll check it out, hope it gives a + to STR.

Sion_Barzahd:

Kuchinawa212:

Sion_Barzahd:

Damn Ninja'd

Well he is clearly the superior of the two Kratos.

haha
Yes, of course.

I feel so left out, I don't even know where the nearest 7-11 is to me, being in BFE I am. Considering Mountain Dew surprised me by making their new flavors with energy drink added actually taste decent, I would love to try one. Now if they only came with straws molded into wenches that rest on the edge of the cup....

And as for this being on something kids also buy as well as adults, I don't mind so much as long as the picture isn't explicit. Kids see much the same stuff going into a theater getting into line for Up. I'd still like to think there are parents out there who get asked if they would buy God of War 3 for their kid, they would respond, 'When you are older. Drink your slurpee.'
Frankly I'd rather have Kratos as my kid's hero than Jason Vorhees.

So how do you know what code you get? I hope it's not random because I only want to buy one of those god awful slurpees and that is to get the blue kratos skin because I am a fag who loves shit like that.

you dont like slurpees? weird.

well thats cool too bad its freaking winter and a slurpee is about the last thing I need at freezing temperatures. THough I might try it, the combination sounds delicious.

lol...seems a little much if you ask me...but, whatever gets people off I suppose

Sion_Barzahd:

Shhh, if he hears you he'll kill you....

Patrick_and_the_ricks:

Sion_Barzahd:

Shhh, if he hears you he'll kill you....

Never fear, i'm british! We're used to grown men in skirts trying to kill us.

Schweet. And the closest 7-11 is only a few minutes from here

I love you 7-11

well now i need money to buy me these

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook