Tetris to Get Own TV Channel

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Tetris to Get Own TV Channel

Tired of there being nothing on the tube? Well that's going to be a thing of the past, thanks to the all new Tetris channel!

Hey, you like Tetris, right? Of course you do, so no doubt you'll be happy to pay three bucks a month to play Tetris on your TV via it's own dedicated channel? Hey, where are you going? Wait up!

In a partnership with Oberon Media and The Tetris Company, DISH Network subscribers can gain access to a dedicated Tetris channel for the low cost of $2.99 a month. For your cash, you'll get access to a 15 level 'Marathon' version of the game, as well as a time-attack mode where you have to clear 40 lines as quickly as possible.

The service will have leaderboards and the capacity for tournaments in the future, allowing you to play against other armchair Tetris fans and is expected to be a big hit with gamers who enjoy frustrating, unresponsive peripherals, and those people who haven't heard about this new-fangled 'internet' thing.

Source: Kotaku

Hopefully it'll be better than the ultimate gamer on Sci-fi.

Fuck, I thought you meant I could WATCH Tetris. This would be the perfect gift for that douche-bag neighbor who has Dish network and doesn't know I have access to his service records, if only it cost more!

The sad thing is, this is better than around 50% of the shite channels on Sky.

Still better then most of the crap on TV.

what a waste

Sparrow:

if you dont watch them all then dont subscribe to them all :P

tk1989:
what a waste

Sparrow:

if you dont watch them all then dont subscribe to them all :P

Oh, I don't keep paying for them. After about a month of the full package I decided I probally didn't need "Islam TV".

If it doesn't play the Korobeiniki the users will riot. That was the main complaint users had about the official iPhone Tetris.

this is so weird, i cant see any trace of logic here, its like if someone made shoes out of glass or made cloth with invisible threads.

its really weird and i want to have a talk with everyone who want to buy this.

>:(

*puts purse out of reach* ...Go away and stop trying to take my money for no reason.

KDR_11k:
If it doesn't play the Korobeiniki the users will riot. That was the main complaint users had about the official iPhone Tetris.

Hell, I'd riot.
I'm angry now.
I thought I'd be able to actually watch Tetris.

Here was me thinking I had seen everything...lol

I find tetris boring.And why should I play tetris on my tv when I can do so many other things

Shapes made four colored blocks sometimes shaped like T or a Box come down like falling bricks...

But yeah, I could see my 50 year old mother getting into this. Other then that, I can't imagine anyone I know wanting it.

Jing the Bandit:

KDR_11k:

Hell, I'd riot.
I'm angry now.
I thought I'd be able to actually watch Tetris.

Do you mean you thought you could watch random other people play tetris or an automated tetris program?

Because I would totally watch other people play tetris just so I could yell at the screen when they mess up like I do when I watch Jeopardy.

AWESOME! I LOVE TETRIS!!!!

Yeah maybe I can copy my favorite actor moves when I play Tetris DX on my gameboy color =D

Why pay for Tetris when it's free in so many forms on so many sites online?

Logan Westbrook:

Tired of there being nothing on the tube? Well that's goign to be a thing of the past, thanks to the all new Tetris channel!

the red lines mean you made a mistake.

but really? a channel dedicated to Tetris? I like the game, but really?

couldn't they just make a section in DISH games for it?

Kalezian:

Logan Westbrook:

Tired of there being nothing on the tube? Well that's goign to be a thing of the past, thanks to the all new Tetris channel!

the red lines mean you made a mistake.

I'll tell you what, when your writing is perfect, then you can be sarcastic. Thanks for the heads up however.

Now all they have to do is invent a time machine and bring back a person from 30 years ago who would actually be impressed. That won't be expensive, right?

Hopeful they come up with other channels that are a bit more intricate and fun then Tetris in the future. Those would have potential.

It would be an amusing novelty if it was free, but I can't help but wonder who they expect to pay a monthly fee for that.

I would think anyone who did pay for it would be an upcoming winner of "The Darwin Awards".

Why pay for something i can type in google and get for free

300lb. Samoan:
Fuck, I thought you meant I could WATCH Tetris. This would be the perfect gift for that douche-bag neighbor who has Dish network and doesn't know I have access to his service records, if only it cost more!

i was thinkin the same thing, but this kicks so much more ass than that. :D

1000 channels and there is still nothing on.

.... Please tell me this is a joke, pretty please?

Logan Westbrook:
...expected to be a big hit with gamers who enjoy frustrating, unresponsive peripherals, and those people who haven't heard about this new-fangled 'internet' thing.

Hahahah! this is the funniest thing i have heard all day.

Twilight_guy:
Now all they have to do is invent a time machine and bring back a person from 30 years ago who would actually be impressed. That won't be expensive, right?

Hopeful they come up with other channels that are a bit more intricate and fun then Tetris in the future. Those would have potential.

you know what else would be a great hit? playing full length video games on the tv! And you can go to stores and buy... little... umm cartridges! you plug them into your tv, and play hit games such as contra and final fantasy! uhh, i think i will call the console... uhh, how does the NES sound? yeah i like it! what do you mean it has already been done? lies!

also, if you really want to play games on your tv with digital copies, go to xbox live and psn.

Three bucks is probably cheaper than buying it on the Wii shop channel, if it has it.

Twilight_guy:
Now all they have to do is invent a time machine and bring back a person from 30 years ago who would actually be impressed.

And only for that reason. No proving any religions or building an army of huns to do your bidding, no, just bring back someone from the Eighties.

It's a great idea in theory. However, when you actually have to use an unresponsive remote to do it, things would fall apart rather quickly.

lwm3398:
Three bucks is probably cheaper than buying it on the Wii shop channel, if it has it.

If it was a one off purchase, sure. But this is a monthly subscription. This has to be a cash grab. You get suckers to purchase this channel, and then hope that they forget to cancel it when they they realise what a rip off it is.

that should definitely be cheaper. Who wants to play Tetris on their TV when I've got it on the Internet and my iPod Touch?

Let me guess how this works...If you subscribe to this, your government will send assassins to kill you for being too stupid to live.

Alternatively, you can keep that $2.99 a month and get a better channel.

Onyx Oblivion:
Let me guess how this works...If you subscribe to this, your government will send assassins to kill you for being too stupid to live.

Alternatively, you can keep that $2.99 a month and get a better channel.

Or y'know, spend $2.99 on a Galaxy chocolate bar or a can of Lynx and hopefully get some action.

Whenever I saw the title I pictured watching people have tetris competitions and stuff. That may have been worth watching now and again. No thanks when I watch tv it's usually to fall asleep or something.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here