Pedobear Sneaks Into 2010 Vancouver Olympics

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Pedobear Sneaks Into 2010 Vancouver Olympics

Well, not the Games themselves: A Polish newspaper recently ran an image with everyone's favorite child-molesting teddy bear among the event's official mascots.

In a rather embarrassing case of hasty photo attribution, the Polish daily Gazeta Olsztynska ran a picture of Vancouver 2010 mascots Miga, Quatchi and Sumi that included the likeness of Pedobear, a long-running 4chan meme that signifies the sexualization of underage girls. The image itself is the work of Canadian artist Michael R. Barrick, who created it last July to express his distaste for the Games' official cartoon spokespeople.

It's not the only time that Pedobear has crashed the "real" mascots' party: Barrick reported last week that his work now appears in the first page of a Google image search of "Vancouver 2010 mascots." Whether a similar Google search was the origin of the Gazeta Olsztynska's error or the misplaced photo was the product of a newspaper staff member in it for the "lulz" is uncertain. What is certain, however, is that sea bear Miga, sasquatch Quatchi and animal spirit Sumi are all extremely uncomfortable right now.

Source: Metafilter

There's only one thing to say: lol.

Well, I beat you by a day-and-a-half.

I am proud.

Epic. Fail.
Just make sure to have no little girls competing/in the stadium, or even watching it at any time.

Best.
Thing.
Ever.

On another note, I really hope that's intentional...

Oh. That's priceless. Pedobear up there with those 3.

That is amazing. :D

Best news in years.

I had a friend who wanted to buy a pedobear plushie for his daughter. Note how I say had.

Pedobear and the olympics are at the same level for me though, so I'm not sure which is dragging which down.

He almost fits in too... I find it hilarious he seems to be right behind the small, girl-ish character too...

Wow... just wow. I cant believe they let that through

Old news. >.>

However all I can add is Get your very own Pedobear plush from Desutoys.

Source

I am sooooo getting my niece one.

...omg......that too funny.

Aby_Z:
He almost fits in too... I find it hilarious he seems to be right behind the small, girl-ish character too...

Lol, i just noticed that.
That is Hilarious.

oh no.....

Oh that pedobear he gets into everything
What will he do next?

I will remember this...

*Saves picture*

He's like the Where's Wally of our time.

Aw, I was hoping this was actual Olympic material, not just a story about the Olympics, as I'd imagine the subsequent PR backpedaling would have been comedy gold. Still funny though!

God I love it when the Forums ninja's the Escapist. Makes me all giddy.

OT: Too bad it's fake... man I'd kill for it to be true...

Always 2012...

Wait a second...

2012...pedobear...olympics...

OH SHIT!

How do you let something like that make it through customs?!

I'm trying to find an actual copy of this, so far I've had no luck, I'm wondering if they got pulled off the shelves?

Pedobear, god among men, I salute you.

OT: Oh, Poland.

Saw this last week and I must say it made me laugh.

Hahahahahaah that's great - Pedo-win

I have a sneaking suspicion Anon is somehow involved. This is more than coincidence.

to quote lrr: uunnncomfortable...

I still think the little round thing is ripping off Beartato, but at least the Pedo Pals get some screen time this year. Wake me up when GuroDragon can be found on Olympic T-Shirts.

Wow, that's . . . kind of disappointing. I never saw the mascots until now (and I'm Canadian, so "publicity fail") and I must say that I can understand why Pedobear could have slipped through. He fits in the picture in a weird, perverted way...

This is the best thing I've seen about the Olympics so far.

Why do the Olympics mascots make me think that Vancouver outsourced its Olympic design commission to Japan?

Sporky111:
Wow, that's . . . kind of disappointing. I never saw the mascots until now (and I'm Canadian, so "publicity fail") and I must say that I can understand why Pedobear could have slipped through. He fits in the picture in a weird, perverted way...

Pedobear's coloring is a little bit off compared to the other mascots, but change that a bit, put some stupid piece of clothing on him (a scarf or boots, maybe), and he would be indistinguishable from the others.

Hilarity ensues... a lot! That is just fucking awesome.

That's awesome. He fits in the picture so well.

Sweeeeeeeeet!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or