Duke Nukem Lends Voice to NeoGAF-Developed Videogame

Duke Nukem Lends Voice to NeoGAF-Developed Videogame

NeoGAF is creating a full fledged videogame with an extremely long name, and has brought Duke Nukem along for the ride.

A community project being developed over on NeoGAF has apparently attracted the talent of Jon St. John, the original voice of Duke Nukem. The game is called Dudebro - My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time, with St. John voicing the game's hero, Dudebro.

Dudebro - MSIFUSIGTS/SY2, in addition to having a ridiculous name, is a parody of the stereotypes often included in videogames, such as macho, immature dudes and excessive violence. It's a top-down shooter that will pay tribute to old-school gaming, with crazy boss fights included. The game's story is as follows:

Dudebro II follows the exploits of elite soldiers John Dudebro™ and his sidekick Habemus Chicken as they chase anyone who threatens the world's brodiocity - an arms dealer, a voodoo priest, an evil glee club and more. Along the way, they'll have to fight through swathes of expendable enemies, including aliens, zombies and even yetis.

Don't believe the game is real yet? The extremely early version of Dudebro runs through a browser and can be tested through a link in its official forum thread, though it's pretty hard at the moment and shouldn't be taken as indicative of the final version. The over 100 unpaid developers of Dudebro are calling themselves Grimoire Assembly Forge and have put out an official press release, so they appear intent on following through with the full version.

The game will be released worldwide for free on its website.

Yay! It's almost like Duke Nukem exists again!
I might try that game out. Sounds funny at the least.

This actually sounds pretty funny.

better have something about not having gum and needing to kick ass though >={

No way, parodies? Yep I'm downloading this.

Oh dear

Stick with weapon 1, run around screen, point at bots...rinse and repeat. All the rest of the stuff is pointless. A poor RoboTron clone at best at the moment. This sort of thing disappeared with Re-Loaded.

Meh, I don't care much for those Meta-games where it's all "LOLOLOL It's like a video game parodying a video [email protected]#[email protected]$" or whatever sense I'm trying to make out of it.

It looks interesting though, and with it's captivating title how could I pass it up?

The President has been captured by ninja's. Are you a bad enough Dude to rescue the President?

I'm sorry, but that picture and the title...

Game of the Year anybody?

Damn right.

Hail to the King, baby!

Eh...

I may or may not pass. It depends on whether everyone else does it; then maybe I'll try it out, if only to seem cool.

Kuchinawa212:
This actually sounds pretty funny.

better have something about not having gum and needing to kick ass though >={

yes or I am gonna have bubblegum while I do it.

dududf:

Damn right.

I believe the phrase you are looking for is, "Damn straight", good sir.

tmujir955:

dududf:

Damn right.

I believe the phrase you are looking for is, "Damn straight", good sir.

The phrase says that, but I'M not saying that ;)

(I like Damn right better then Damn straight)

Well, I sure hope the actual game is nothing like the early version.

*Duke Nukem Voice On*

"It's time to chew bubble gum, and texture enviroments, and i'm all outa gum..."

*Duke Nukem Voice Off*

Haha that actually sounds pretty awesome.

God I love Neogaf.

doop doop doop doop doop

That is.. Epic.

...can't stop laughing... at name... "Habemus Chicken"...

Bwaaaaahahahaha.

Oh dear God, that is just fucking genius!

Well the title and premise definitely far exceed the greatness of the game...
I was playing for a solid second and a half before I was one shot killed by a kinder surprise capsule with goggles on...
I started to live longer the more I played, but I can't say I'm awe-struck by it so far...
Although seeing as it's from a developer with no paid employees...
I'll overlook it for now.

Hehe...well, it certainly wins a prize for most original name XD

I wish game developers had enough freedom to make things as awesome as this :(

Hi, I'm from the Dudebro team. Thanks for all the kind comments :)

The_root_of_all_evil:

Oh dear

Stick with weapon 1, run around screen, point at bots...rinse and repeat. All the rest of the stuff is pointless. A poor RoboTron clone at best at the moment. This sort of thing disappeared with Re-Loaded.

Not a surprise, considering most of the gameplay is not done yet.
The build isn't a demo and is nowhere near representative of the final game, it wasn't meant for a public release (but I guess this happens when you do everything out in the open) especially if you consider the map and models are placeholders.
So, don't worry and have trust :)

It asks me to download some player, and I'm weary.

The game sounds epic.

Jocchan:

I worry constantly, but you're right. It's an uber-early build and I shouldn't judge, but like you say, once it's out in the open, the judging starts.

I hope this ends up doing for shooters what Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden did for JRPGs, i.e. thoroughly and hilariously mock them and every single stereotype associated with them while still being fun to play on its own. I am cautiously optimistic.

I think the correct response is along the lines of: FUCK YES!

BROFIST! Broiest game to ever bro.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Jocchan:

I worry constantly, but you're right. It's an uber-early build and I shouldn't judge, but like you say, once it's out in the open, the judging starts.

As I said, the link wasn't supposed to be released out in the open, or at least not outside the thread used by the team to aid development, because the build is too early to be considered a playable demo.
You wouldn't judge a book from an early handwritten draft of the first few pages with huge "this needs to be changed" notes all over the place, would you? ;)

Nalgas D. Lemur:
I hope this ends up doing for shooters what Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden did for JRPGs, i.e. thoroughly and hilariously mock them and every single stereotype associated with them while still being fun to play on its own. I am cautiously optimistic.

I should definitely play that game.
Anyway, yes: the goal is making a fun game first, jokes and stereotypes are lower than gameplay and enjoyment in our scale of priorities :)

Jocchan:

You wouldn't judge a book from an early handwritten draft of the first few pages with huge "this needs to be changed" notes all over the place, would you? ;)

With me...probably. I'm a nit-picker :)

If I could add in a note, making all the keys in close proximity to each other would help in a frantic game, as I found that simply holding down mouse 1 and circle strafing allowed me to continuously build up points while stopping still for a second to press "lift" or change weapons got me gutted.

But if you can keep us all informed, I'm sure we'll give you our feedback free of charge :)

"I don't need any fucking casuals on my team. Go back to your exercise games!"

Awesome. Can't wait for the final version.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Jocchan:

With me...probably. I'm a nit-picker :)

If I could add in a note, making all the keys in close proximity to each other would help in a frantic game, as I found that simply holding down mouse 1 and circle strafing allowed me to continuously build up points while stopping still for a second to press "lift" or change weapons got me gutted.

But if you can keep us all informed, I'm sure we'll give you our feedback free of charge :)

Don't worry, the button configuration is going to change considerably :)
And thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Why do I get the feeling that when this game comes out, an episode of How I Met Your Mother will come out revolving around Barney's addiction to it?

The_root_of_all_evil:

Oh dear

...Someone actually remembers Re-Loaded?

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.