Bungie Reveals Halo: Reach Beta Details

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Bungie Reveals Halo: Reach Beta Details

With the beta only a few months away, Bungie has revealed what beta testers can look forward to.

The Halo: Reach beta test, open to anyone who buys a copy of Halo 3: ODST before the May 3rd start date, will be have a little bit of nearly everything the game has to offer, what Bungie community lead Brian Jarrard called: "representative sampling".

"It basically will represent a sub-section of almost every main portion of the game. For example, we'll have a couple of the new armor abilities that we've been talking about which are sort of the new version of equipment which have pretty immense implications for gameplay." he said, referring to the new armor abilities that are similar to the perks in Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer portion.

"So some of those will be in there, some of the weapons will be in there, we'll have a subset of maps, we'll have a subset of game-types, some of which are returning favorites, some are brand new that people don't even know about yet," he continued, before adding, "Of course we're going to hold back some stuff as we've got a long way to go until the fall and we want people to have some stuff to look forward to."

Reach will be the last Halo game that Bungie makes, and it seems like it really wants to go out with a bang. Halo: Reach is scheduled for release this Fall.

Source: 1up

I really dont like the idea of a perks system in a Halo game.

Plus does this mean we will NEVER find out what happened to the Chief at the end of Halo 3?

Stubee:
Plus does this mean we will NEVER find out what happened to the Chief at the end of Halo 3?

There'll probably be a book. That wouldn't surprise me.

Never really was intrested in it to be honest.

Also I dont want to have to buy a not very good game (ODST) to play it.

Stubee:

The chief got launched into space he's presumed dead. But everyone knows he's not

Stubee:

No it's just the last Bungie Halo game, I think someone else is taking the reins after Bungie is gone, I think it was gearbox, but I'm not 100% on that.

Stubee:

Actually, there's probably going to be some FanFic explaining it.

T3h Muster cef lnded on due plantt that was like Halo buts not, den he t00k a nap.

Anyway, considereing i got that Beta Key with ODST hopefully i'll be able to get it running and try the beta out for myself.

The DSM:

Wait till the whole game comes out then :)

Looking forward to seeing what they will offer us this time ^^

Stubee:

We know what happened.

Bungie have gone down hill after halo 1.

Souplex:

Stubee:

We know what happened.

Well, he's gone into stasis, so none of those things are likely to happen.

Logan Westbrook:

"It basically will represent a sub-section of almost every main portion of the game. For example, we'll have a couple of the new armor abilities that we've been talking about which are sort of the new version of equipment which have pretty immense implications for gameplay." he said, referring to the new armor abilities that are similar to the perks in Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer portion.

To be honest, I don't think you can compare the armor ability system to MW2's perk system. The abilities are more like reusable equipment. For example, there was a form of invisibility confirmed, which will basically just be reusable active camo.

By the way, the beta starts on May 3rd.

The box art was also revealed a little bit back.

Rusty Bucket:

Well, he's gone into stasis, so none of those things are likely to happen.

We can also see the planet in the distance, which shares remarkable similarities to the forerunner planet featured in the Origins episode of Halo: Legends.

*Looks around the room to see if anyone is watching*

*Jumps in Glee*

Man I'm very excited. I love Bungie, more than I love their games.

Pimppeter2:
*Looks around the room to see if anyone is watching*

*Jumps in Glee*

Man I'm very excited. I love Bungie, more than I love their games.

I kinda feel the similarly. I mean, they are just so NICE. That's a pretty rare thing to say about a developer.

I love how excited they get over their games and how they want to make them as good as possible because they know they will be enjoying them as much as the fans.

I was pretty disappointed by Halo 3 and ODST but since this is their last Halo game, I think we can trust them on making this one really fucking good.

I'm not big on multiplayer, I only play with friends on rare occasions, but I'll be checking out the beta to see how the armor abilities are implemented. Hopefully it's similar to the way they work (or reportedly work) in single player: only one armor ability can be equipped at a time and they have a limited use before they need to recharge. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense for already good players getting even more of an advantage.

The DSM:

And yet you were interested enough to click on the thread to make that comment. Wow, someone who doesn't like Halo. Never seen that before; and commenting in a Halo thread at that! Aren't you just a special and unique snowflake? This is noteworthy, seriously; I can think of few things more worthy of note.

Hey everybody! The DSM doesn't like Halo!

Tell you what, I'll post that in every Halo thread from now on just to save you some typing while still getting your very important message out there.

Edit: For those lacking a sense of humor, this message was all in good fun and I harbor no ill-will toward The DSM. I was just poking fun at him for posting at him for posting in a thread about a game he claims to not be interested in and taking a friendly jab at all of the Halo critics who are so vocal about their opinions.

Lighten up.

mspencer82:
I'm not big on multiplayer, I only play with friends on rare occasions, but I'll be checking out the beta to see how the armor abilities are implemented. Hopefully it's similar to the way they work (or reportedly work) in single player: only one armor ability can be equipped at a time and they have a limited use before they need to recharge. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense for already good players getting even more of an advantage.

The DSM:

And yet you were interested enough to click on the thread to make that comment. Wow, someone who doesn't like Halo. Never seen that before; and commenting in a Halo thread at that! Aren't you just a special and unique snowflake? This is noteworthy, seriously; I can think of few things more worthy of note.

Tell you what, I'll post that in every Halo thread from now on just to save you some typing while still getting your very important message out there.

That was probably the most uncalled for hate I've ever seen. I don't even see how he deserved that. His opinion is valid and it was hardly calling for any hate.

Curtmiester:
That was probably the most uncalled for hate I've ever seen. I don't even see how he deserved that. His opinion is valid and it was hardly calling for any hate.

He came into a thread about Halo: Reach to say he's not interested in Halo: Reach, how does that make sense? He was trolling.

And that wasn't hate, that was mockery. Mockery that I do out of love.

Guess they have to try and get people to buy ODST SOMEHOW.

mspencer82:

The DSM:

Wow, you're touchy even for a fanboy aren't ya.

Well, as someone who has played the series since before it was cool (haha) I'm pretty interested to see how they cap it all off.

Also...

mspencer82:

The DSM:

...that was some of the most unwarranted venom I've ever seen ;)

DarkSaber:
Guess they have to try and get people to buy ODST SOMEHOW.

What are you talking about? It's already sold 3 million.

On topic: I've been out of the Halo loop for a while now, but Reach looks really really fucking sweet.

DarkSaber:
Wow, you're touchy even for a fanboy aren't ya.

I'm not a fanboy of anything, I could take Halo or leave it. I just get irked when someone adds absolutely nothing to a conversation and only posts for the sake of posting.

Symplify:
Well, as someone who has played the series since before it was cool (haha) I'm pretty interested to see how they cap it all off.

Also...

mspencer82:

The DSM:

...that was some of the most unwarranted venom I've ever seen ;)

[i]Now finish him![/i]

Anyways, Reach looks pretty badass, and a great to cap off one of the best (opinion) and most influential (fact) series in gaming history.

mspencer82:

Curtmiester:

He came into a thread about Halo: Reach to say he's not interested in Halo: Reach, how does that make sense? He was trolling.

I don't believe you can call that trolling. It's just a different thought on a subject. Just because it's not positive doesn't mean it's trolling. Just because it's different doesn't mean it needs to be flamed or "mocked" or whatever you want to call it.

And I seriously doubt some one who as been on this site as long as him and has as many posts as him would honestly be here just to troll a few Halo threads.

Curtmiester:

mspencer82:

Curtmiester:

I don't believe you can call that trolling. It's just a different thought on a subject. Just because it's not positive doesn't mean it's trolling. Just because it's different doesn't mean it needs to be flamed or "mocked" or whatever you want to call it.

And I seriously doubt some one who as been on this site as long as him and has as many posts as him would honestly be here just to troll a few Halo threads.

He clicked on and posted in a thread about a game he said he wasn't interested in. You can't see anything worthy of mocking in that?

Jeez, it was all in good humor. Some of you guys make it sound like I'm furiously typing at my keyboard or something.

Curtmiester:

mspencer82:

Curtmiester:

True, but then again, a high post count does not make your opinion worth more, in the same thread that a high post count does not make your penis longer.

I've been wondering about how the Beta would work for some time now, looking forward to be a part of it.

(Sorry, messed up on quote!!!)
O no, I'm not saying his opinion is worth more. Just that trolls hardly ever make it past 100 posts before being banned, let alone 1000.

happysock:

Stubee:

No it's just the last Bungie Halo game, I think someone else is taking the reins after Bungie is gone, I think it was gearbox, but I'm not 100% on that.

343 studios are taking over, owned by microsoft, which pretty much means theres no chance of halo ever going to ps3 =/

I'm certainly looking forward to playing the single player at least. Not a huge fan really, but I've played the others making me a little obligated to play this too. And for the best it seems, because it looks like this one might be a little more serious.

CJ1145:

True, but then again, a high post count does not make your opinion worth more, in the same thread that a high post count does not make your penis longer.

WHAT? you mean all this time has been wasted?!

minxamo:

happysock:

Stubee:

343 studios are taking over, owned by microsoft, which pretty much means theres no chance of halo ever going to ps3 =/

There you have it! I thought I wasn't right, although I'm personally not fussed by the whole PS3 thing.

Can't wait for it. I'd lol if it sucked.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here