Bungie Reveals Halo: Reach Beta Details

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Great, there's gonna be reusable active camo. Every rabid, racist 8 year old with Xbox Live and an unexplainable hate for all humanity will be using that. Way to play to the crowd, Bungie.

Stubee:
I really dont like the idea of a perks system in a Halo game.

Plus does this mean we will NEVER find out what happened to the Chief at the end of Halo 3?

My opinion is that the Halo series is a precursor to the Marathon series, and the planet at the end of Halo 3 is the planet from Marathon 1.

mspencer82:
I'm not big on multiplayer, I only play with friends on rare occasions, but I'll be checking out the beta to see how the armor abilities are implemented. Hopefully it's similar to the way they work (or reportedly work) in single player: only one armor ability can be equipped at a time and they have a limited use before they need to recharge. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense for already good players getting even more of an advantage.

The DSM:
Never really was intrested in it to be honest.

Also I dont want to have to buy a not very good game (ODST) to play it.

And yet you were interested enough to click on the thread to make that comment. Wow, someone who doesn't like Halo. Never seen that before; and commenting in a Halo thread at that! Aren't you just a special and unique snowflake? This is noteworthy, seriously; I can think of few things more worthy of note.

Hey everybody! The DSM doesn't like Halo!

Tell you what, I'll post that in every Halo thread from now on just to save you some typing while still getting your very important message out there.

Edit: For those lacking a sense of humor, this message was all in good fun and I harbor no ill-will toward The DSM. I was just poking fun at him for posting at him for posting in a thread about a game he claims to not be interested in and taking a friendly jab at all of the Halo critics who are so vocal about their opinions.

Lighten up.

I think you're funny... Just putting it out there :,(

Personally, I'm not that interested in Halo Reach, and I liked the other Halo games (with the RTS as an exception.)

Still, it's got a while to hook my interest. If nothing else, it might grab me if it turns out to be an expanded version of some of the ideas present in ODST.

My predictions:

The game will suck large animal testicles and Bungie will make a new Halo game to try and hit the jackpot again.

The game will copy the Modern Warfare series and in turn be awesome and Bungie will make a new Halo game to feed off of the newfound hope for the Halo series.

mspencer82:

DarkSaber:
Wow, you're touchy even for a fanboy aren't ya.

I'm not a fanboy of anything, I could take Halo or leave it. I just get irked when someone adds absolutely nothing to a conversation and only posts for the sake of posting.

you mean like you did when you saw his post?

really did you have to leave such a hate message...or could you just have left it

OT: hmmmm while im not a halo fan, personally i think its a wee bit overhyped (though then again everything is theese days) i will be intrested to see about this new armour type stuff, and also to see if they are brave enough to ever try anything different

The only thing I don't like about Halo: Reach is that Bungie is still constricted to keeping the story canon between Halo: Reach and the first Halo.

I think that they should have shown what happened to the Master Chief after you see him floating in space at the end of Halo 3.

mspencer82:

Curtmiester:
That was probably the most uncalled for hate I've ever seen. I don't even see how he deserved that. His opinion is valid and it was hardly calling for any hate.

He came into a thread about Halo: Reach to say he's not interested in Halo: Reach, how does that make sense? He was trolling.

And that wasn't hate, that was mockery. Mockery that I do out of love.

Actually, go look at post 11, THAT is trolling, not the guy you quoted.

OT: I am definitely getting ODST just to try the beta since I wanted to play Halo again anyway might as well get ODST so I can play the beta also.

I'll be playing it when it comes out.
I've played all Halo's (even ODST) up to this point.

It looks good, but ever since Halo3, I've learned not to keep my hopes up.

I'm looking forward to this beta release, though I'll have to hang out at a friend's place because I lack Xbox live. I'm looking forward to the multiplayer section and indeed the release of the game itself given that this is the last Halo game and to quote the OP it looks like they want to go out with a bang.
I get the feeling this is going to at least be one of the more enjoyable games in 2010.... that said there will probably still be angry and childish backlash from it by people whining about how they hate it and despite claiming to hate it they can't resist posting about it.... but hey at least I can still enjoy it.

P.S I've posted this interview like a hundred times but I keep getting excited for it so here it is again, if you want to know the bit that made me really excited skip ahead to about 1:30 and just listen.

http://au.gamespot.com/events/microsoftx10/video.html?sid=6250822&hd=1

THIS is what ive been waiting for in a halo game. in the books each spartan has a certain abilitiy the others dont. SO its about time to customize armour and add "perks" THIS will be an amazing game.

I watched the Vidoc and I'm fucking stoked for this game. It looks sweet and I hope they get the perks right.

Eggsnham:
My predictions:

The game will suck large animal testicles and Bungie will make a new Halo game to try and hit the jackpot again.

The game will copy the Modern Warfare series and in turn be awesome and Bungie will make a new Halo game to feed off of the newfound hope for the Halo series.

Ha! It's apparent you don't know Bungie very well.

Anyone can have their own opinion on how fun their games are, I personally don't like ODST very much but Bungie themselves are as good as Valve when it comes to community interaction and communication. They don't betray their fans when they commit to something.

As for my take on the whole thing everything they've revealed in the Vidoc only serves to get my hopes up. It's Halo so I'm sure they won't screw with the Multiplayer too much outside of the armor perks but the Campaign is looking like it has a lot of potential.

Reach will be the last Halo game that Bungie makes

BS. You can quote me on that one. This will NOT be the last one. They have said this before.

Halo is bungies main source of income why would they cancel it?

Digikid:

BS. You can quote me on that one. This will NOT be the last one. They have said this before.

Proof : Halo 3 ODST

Rensenhito:
Great, there's gonna be reusable active camo. Every rabid, racist 8 year old with Xbox Live and an unexplainable hate for all humanity will be using that. Way to play to the crowd, Bungie.

Stubee:

Plus does this mean we will NEVER find out what happened to the Chief at the end of Halo 3?

My opinion is that the Halo series is a precursor to the Marathon series, and the planet at the end of Halo 3 is the planet from Marathon 1.

That would be cool.

Stubee:

it's more like equipment you can reuse, and someone from Bungie mentioned he was interested in what MS would come up with on the MC front, which makes me all D:

Paragon Fury:
Anyways, Reach looks pretty badass, and a great to cap off one of the best (opinion) and most influential (fact) series in gaming history.

As much as I like and respect Halo, I'd say the most influential series would be the Mario series, probably followed by Pac-Man, MegaMan, Doom, Tomb Raider, Half-Life, and God of War, in no particular order.

recoverytwo:

Digikid:

Proof: Halo 3 ODST

Fjeld:
Halo is bungies main source of income why would they cancel it?

They said Halo 3 would be the end of that storyline, and it was. They announced Reach before ODST came out and I don't remember them saying anything during development that indicated ODST would be the last. Anyway it won't be the last as 343 Industries, a section of Microsoft, has taken charge of Halo media of all types and has been confirmed to have plans for a game division. Bungie says they want to do something new and are entering development on a completely new IP.

blergh, didn't mean to triple-post

-Redirects brainpower to keep himself from blowing apart in glee-

Rensenhito:

Stubee:

Simply not possible. If it were true the UNSC (of Halo) would have teleportation technology during the war with the Covenant and the UESC Marathon (of Marathon) would have faster-than-light capabilities, which would seriously break the stories of both universes.

Does this mean the ODST Multiplayer disc, or the ODST singleplayer disc?

(It does matter, I borrowed off the ODST singleplayer)

Awexsome:

Eggsnham:
My predictions:

Anyone can have their own opinion on how fun their games are, I personally don't like ODST very much but Bungie themselves are as good as Valve when it comes to community interaction and communication. They don't betray their fans when they commit to something.

As for my take on the whole thing everything they've revealed in the Vidoc only serves to get my hopes up. It's Halo so I'm sure they won't screw with the Multiplayer too much outside of the armor perks but the Campaign is looking like it has a lot of potential.

I never Bungie wasn't a good company, I just said that they should've cut their losses by now. Remember when Halo 3 was supposed to be the last game of the Halo series?

hopefully they make the perk system equal, not one person who plays intensively gets perks that give him a huge advantage.
but sounds very interesting

Eggsnham:

Awexsome:

Eggsnham:
My predictions:

I never Bungie wasn't a good company, I just said that they should've cut their losses by now. Remember when Halo 3 was supposed to be the last game of the Halo series?

It was. Of the Halo trilogy. They never said it was the end of Halo. Infact, after Halo Reach, 343 studios (and possibly other companies) can/will develop games. But I think you meant Bungie in general. As said before, they said Halo 3 was the end of the Halo trilogy (or the story of Master chief to make it clearer).

Halo Reach is last Halo game by Bungie, as they've said before.

Ill probably try out, although i've been dissapointed with the Halo series after Combat Evolved, i hope that it doesnt suck.

Knowing exactly squat about Halo: Reach the box art vaguely reminds me of Team Fortress 2. Is that what it's supposed to be? Classed Multiplayer?

Wonder how cheap I could find ODST now... I really want in on this beta, but ODST is definitely not a game I'm interested in at all.

Now i'm tempted to buy Halo ODST... after the price drops

CJ1145:
in the same thread that a high post count does not make your penis longer.

Good job I've invested in those penis enlargement pills then...

Paragon Fury:

Anyways, Reach looks pretty badass, and a great to cap off one of the best (opinion) and most influential (fact) series in gaming history.

Really? fact? More influential than Dune II, Doom, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter II, Grand Theft Auto? I think that FPS's being known as "Doom clones" before the term FPS had been invented undermines your argument.

Having said that Reach looks like it could be sweet. I'm not too bothered about the beta though, I only ever played the campaigns in halo. Tried the multi player but it never grabbed me (except the co-op). I prefer shooters with a class system, Stops people camping the rocket launcher, respawning with shit weapons then running into someone whos tooled up, etc.

recoverytwo:

Digikid:

Proof : Halo 3 ODST

Bungie said Halo 3 will be the last game of the story arc established in Halo 1 and 2.

WHENTWOTRIBESGOTOWAR:
Bungie have gone down hill after halo 1.

Not really but Halo Reach comes before Halo 1 anyway.

Now that I have that out of the way I can saftly sat that I'm counting the days between now and the start of the Beta.Also THE HALO 1 PISTOL IS BACK!!!![/fanboyishism]

I'm quite looking forward to getting my hands on the Beta. Even though I barely played ODST, the package still has a purpose.

Heh. This does sound interesting...
Armour that works like perks? should be fun, and it means that there will certainly be some unique looking characters running around...
I'm so glad I kept Halo 3: ODST instead of trading it in...

Knife-28:

recoverytwo:

It comes before halo 1 but doesn't mean they've not gone down hill after making halo 1, halo 1 had perfect balance, yeah the most imbalanced weapon was the pistol but EVERYONE started with it.

Halo 2 was dominated by BR and Brute Shots

Halo 3 wasn't bad nor good just really easy to bug and ruin a game with dual maulers or corner camping a shotgun.

Nothing like that was in Halo 1, tl;dr - HALO 1 was the best and always will be.

WHENTWOTRIBESGOTOWAR:

Knife-28:

recoverytwo:

It comes before halo 1 but doesn't mean they've not gone down hill after making halo 1, halo 1 had perfect balance, yeah the most imbalanced weapon was the pistol but EVERYONE started with it.

Halo 2 was dominated by BR and Brute Shots

Halo 3 wasn't bad nor good just really easy to bug and ruin a game with dual maulers or corner camping a shotgun.

Nothing like that was in Halo 1, tl;dr - HALO 1 was the best and always will be.

Whilst I will agree that Halo 3's multiplayer was not that great I feel that it was still the most fun. If you ever played any good custom games (Cat & Mouse, Duck Hunt, Jenga, Conquest, etc) with a large group of friends then you would see what I mean.

I really hope that Reach still includes a wide variety of options for custom games. The forge editor is also an essential.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.