Buy a Go, Get a Game

Buy a Go, Get a Game

Those looking to buy a PSPgo can also pick up a PSP game free of charge until March 21.

Sony is launching a promotion with the PSPgo that will allow those purchasing it to receive a free copy of either Assassin's Creed II: Bloodlines or the PSP version of Little Big Planet. US and Canadian consumers will be given a promotion code that can be redeemed at the PlayStation Store by logging onto a pre-existing PlayStation Network account (those without accounts can make one in order to redeem their game), where they can then download the game onto the Go.

With Bloodlines and Little Big Planet retailing at $39.99, it's not a bad deal for those looking to pick up a PSP and one of the two games tied to the promotion.

Source: PlayStation.blog

Awesome promotion. Now if only they'd give away better games.

I'd get Little Big Planet. AC seems like a game that's better to be played on bigger screens.

Austin MacKenzie:
US and Canadian consumers

That is all I can say to this, my hope is that they'll expand this to other countries if this is successful in the US/Canada.

Side Note: Is it Assassin's Creed II: Bloodlines? I thought it was just Assassin's Creed Bloodlines?

Nicarus:
Awesome promotion. Now if only they'd give away better games.

Yeah, thats the only thing wrong with it lol

Damn! I want a PSPgo and this makes the pot sweeter. Too bad I won't have that kind of money by then unless I win the lottery or something.

Its still $249 bucks. One free game for a handheld isnt enough to justify the purchase.

I thought those games suck on the PSP?

Still not worth blowing $250 for a handheld.

with a normal PSP 3000 at around 170 CAD and games costing 40 or so CAD this is not a bad deal. shame I already have a go or this would have been a nice time to pick it up.

I seem to remember getting a copy of Super Mario Bros. with my Nintendo, Super Mario World with my SNES, Sonic with my Genesis, Tetris with my GameBoy... Why is Sony shoving a 20 year old business practice in peoples faces and touting it as the best thing since sliced bread?

I'm pretty sure I will never buy a Go!... I like UMD...

xDHxD148L0:
Still not worth blowing $250 for a handheld.

Agreed.

I'm one of those that got a first generation PSP "fat", and it works fine (other than the notoriously poor d-pad). I see nothing about this that makes me feel any desire to purchase one. Especially given how the library I own will not even work with it at all.

isn't this a sign of being Desperate?

LBP is cool, but theres still no reason for me to buy a psp go.

Icehearted:
I'm one of those that got a first generation PSP "fat", and it works fine (other than the notoriously poor d-pad).

Notoriously poor? First I've heard of it, not that I've been keeping close tabs mind. Mine's still the chunky first gen model, and I've never had a problem with the d-pad.

OT: Yeahhhh... I must admit, the PSPgo looks cool, and it really is a lot more compact than the original, but it really doesn't help that my current library would become obsolete. That and the bloody thing costs AU$400. It will be interesting to see if this deal helps sales at all, so I hope they offer it in Australia as well.

For the price they're asking for a PSPGo it should be 3 games, just a thought.

lvl9000_woot:
I'd get Little Big Planet. AC seems like a game that's better to be played on bigger screens.

Yeah I reckon. Nothing ruins a game more (besides dodge controls and/or scripting) then playing it on a small dirty screen :P Speaking of which, how do I clean a PSP screen? There are air looking bubbles on my screen and I can't see, especially when daylight is shining on it.

Andronicus:

Icehearted:
I'm one of those that got a first generation PSP "fat", and it works fine (other than the notoriously poor d-pad).

Notoriously poor? First I've heard of it, not that I've been keeping close tabs mind. Mine's still the chunky first gen model, and I've never had a problem with the d-pad.

The D-pad and the square button were defective on early models. In fact, the D-Pad was so bad Capcom issued a special fix for it when they released Street Fighter Alpha 3. I think it was a cap or something. Other mods, including a DIY tape mod have also come out. I think mine is a very early model, because the D-Pad is still quite atrocious, but the nub is just spiffy.

A quick google search brought this image.

Frankly, I think now that Ken "bats fly out of my butt" Kutaragi is no longer a cyst in Sony's brain, they should consider a follow up hand held, preferably with better button placement and a second nub-a-majig.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here