Former Team Ninja Boss Reaches Deal With Tecmo

Former Team Ninja Boss Reaches Deal With Tecmo

Tomonobu Itagaki, former director of Tecmo's Team Ninja, has reached an agreement with his former employer over their mutual lawsuits.

Back in June last year Tecmo's Team Ninja boss Tomonobu Itagaki unexpectedly left the company days before the release of Ninja Gaiden 2, filing a lawsuit against them for "unreasonable and disingenuous statements" made by president Yoshimi Yasuda regarding compensation and bonuses.

There has been little information regarding the case since, but it seems that Tecmo and Itagaki have reached a settlement. In a statement made to 1up, Itagaki said: "I, Tomonobu Itagaki, announce that a settlement was amicably reached on February 26th, 2010 upon a mutual agreement with respect to the lawsuit for remuneration, etc. that I filed against Tecmo, Ltd. claiming the payment of unpaid remuneration, and unpaid wages, and payment of compensation for dismissal, etc."

The outspoken designer, who is responsible for creating the Dead or Alive and modern Ninja Gaiden franchises, also thanked his fans for their help and encouragement , and promised that his next game would be better than anything he'd made in the past. He rounded off the statement by asking fans to "continue your unwavering support for me."

Source: Shack News

This guy is so cool. Has anyone ever seen him without glasses? I saw him in a dark room E3 years ago and he had them on even then.

Hiphophippo:
This game is so cool. Has anyone ever seen him without glasses? I saw him in a dark room E3 years ago and he had them on even then.

I'm more interested in why he appears to have a scale, mounted replica of an Xbox 360.

Hiphophippo:
This game is so cool. Has anyone ever seen him without glasses? I saw him in a dark room E3 years ago and he had them on even then.

He is too badass to take off the sunglasses (or blind).

This guy does whatever the hell he wants. What a badass.

I think Itagaki is a massive tool, but... hooray for settlements? I guess? I dunno.

Also:

Pyromaniac1337:

Hiphophippo:

Hehe...He is too cool for the sun!

Gotta respect him for digging his heels in though!

Jaredin:

Pyromaniac1337:

Hiphophippo:

Hehe...He is too cool for the sun!

Gotta respect him for digging his heels in though!

I would believe he had once punched out God to get those sunglasses and the right to wear them whenever he wants, but he's a former Team Ninja guy. He would forget the glasses and instead ask for big-boobed women and better jiggle physics in games.

Ya!

Return of the boob....I mean fine fighting and action games.

I hate this guy. All he wants is unwaving support. Hell no maybe if he stopped using boobs as a major selling point i might. Yes boobs are kickass but i don't need them to have more time put in them then some of the "playable parts" of a game.

So wait what company is he working for now or is he going to make a new company?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here