Blind Gamer Defeats Ganon for the First Time

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Wow. I thought this was just a reference to the last boss battle of the original LoZ. After all, with Invisible Ganon, you might as well be blind. But this? This is beyond awesome. This is Chuck Norris high-fiving Kamina with an explosion in the background levels of OMG.

That is one impressive feat!

Get this guy a drink he deserves it.

Good for him!

Way to go blind guy!

That is pretty amazing. Good job.

Well done to him.

Truely inspirational. I applaud him.

MaxChaos:
Crikey.

There's been a lot of discussion on The Escapist recently about what marks a person out as a 'hardcore gamer'. I'd like to think it's this kind of dedication to the task at hand (coupled with the immense satisfaction the victory brings) that would make someone just that.

Bravo!

there is no "hardcore" gamer..just this guy..he is The Hardcore Gamer

WanderFreak:
Ladies and gentlemen, THIS is a hardcore gamer.

Agreed. :)

That's pretty cool.

I feel sorry for the guy, personally. I don't know what I'd do if I was blind (Probably listen to a lot of music.)

*claps excitedly*

Amazing! Great job guys!

This is such an inspirational story. I love Ocarina of time but this is some dedication. Congratulations to the man and the people who helped him.

What's next?

N+?

its settled. the term "hardcore gamer" only applies to this man. we're all scrubs. haha

Awesome. We should all raise our glasses to him.

*raises bottle of water that happens to be right here*

I wish I had this level of dedication to anything.

Give him Canada! He is a GOD!!!

Simalacrum:
Thats fantastic!

Well done to him, Ocarina of Time is great game... though I couldn't possibly even imagine playing it blind! quite a feat indeed :)

dear god, I give him 'mad props' for beating it blind, but it saddens me that he wasnt able to actually see it.

Congrtatulations to everyone involved. This is the sort of stuff that gives you faith in humanity.

HARDCORE. This guy is the real-life Daredevil.

Oh cool, my state (South Carolina) got mentioned for something positive for once.

Must feel like you just had it with the cleanest, prettiest prostitute in the world when you do something that difficult.

What a cool story.

Mr. Blind Canadian gamer, I salute you and admire your dedication. May you continue to enjoy gaming despite your disability.

Edit:

MercenaryCanary:
Oh cool, my state (South Carolina) got mentioned for something positive for once.

I'm from South Carolina too, high five over the also-awesome guy from our otherwise shameful state!

Edit 2:

Tolerant Fanboy:
Wow. I thought this was just a reference to the last boss battle of the original LoZ. After all, with Invisible Ganon, you might as well be blind. But this? This is beyond awesome. This is Chuck Norris high-fiving Kamina with an explosion in the background levels of OMG.

That is the best description I've heard of anything ever.

I read about this guy a few months ago , well done.

Two words: Water temple

Even doing that and not being visualy impared is like eating a bowlful of nails without milk but this blind guy did it using only his ears, that alone deserves alot of praise let alone the fact he beat THE WHOLE GAME! he is a top man! and a example for gamers everywhere and blind people in general.

He gets 20,000 victory cookies. Well done!

I've heard about this guy a few months ago, I've been eagerly waiting for an update ever since. Anyway, I tip my hat to that man, he's accomplished something most people couldn't even imagine, great job.

Also, I dare Fox News (or any video game naysayers for that matter) to call video games a bad influence aster reading this article ;D

*golfs claps for the Blind gamer*

i couldnt finish that game .

Hey that picture isn't of Ganon, thats his shadow from the Forest Temple! Sorry blind gamer your only halfway through.

On a serious note this guy is absolutely dedicated and I respect him for it, were I incapable of seeing I certainly wouldn't have my hopes up for completing games.

If that isn't dedication, then I don't know what is. This guy deserves a blow job and a half for using such wizardry to kick evil's ass.

It took me long enough to beat it, im im not blind.

Well done to him, that must of been incredibley boring.

I beat Ganon on my first try. I OWN this blind dude, I'm so much better than him on video games it's not even funny.

That's extremely impressive. Now, for a game with sound cues he should try Left 4 Dead. I bet he could do it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here