Olivia Munn to Play an Avenger?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Good, i say let the job to those who actually LIKE what they do and about what their doing.

I hope the rumor is true! Oliva Munns the hottest thing since the Sun's surface and I believe that she could do the role justice if she has the talent.

LACKT:
Scarlett witch needs a redhead,Munn should play as Ultimate Wasp who was half-asian like her since they went with Ultimate Fury who is Samuel L Jackson.

I thought the same thing. And there are other Asian female superheroes in Marvel right? There has to be one or two, even though none other than the villain "Mantis" comes to mind.

Kmadden2004:
I think it's more likely that she's playing Iron Maiden. Scarlet Witch belongs in the X-Men universe, which belongs the 20th Century Fox, so there's no chance of her appearing in any of Marvel's independent movies. Unless, of course, Fox is willing to share, but we all know that'll never happen...

Is there a list of characters that the "X-Men Universe" encapsulates? I would just assume that the Scarlet Witch has been in far more Avengers books than X-Men, and could be considered more of the "Avengers/general Marvel Universe". The argument could be made that the X-men have her as a villain and the Avengers have her as a hero, so she could appear in both franchises with different actresses and with different motivations.

Rocketboy13:

Kmadden2004:
I think it's more likely that she's playing Iron Maiden. Scarlet Witch belongs in the X-Men universe, which belongs the 20th Century Fox, so there's no chance of her appearing in any of Marvel's independent movies. Unless, of course, Fox is willing to share, but we all know that'll never happen...

Is there a list of characters that the "X-Men Universe" encapsulates? I would just assume that the Scarlet Witch has been in far more Avengers books than X-Men, and could be considered more of the "Avengers/general Marvel Universe". The argument could be made that the X-men have her as a villain and the Avengers have her as a hero, so she could appear in both franchises with different actresses and with different motivations.

I don't think it works that way. I'd say her connection to Magneto (and the fact she made her first appearance in an X-Men comic) officially makes her part of the X-universe, thereby making her a property of Fox. And there is no way Fox's lawyers would leave such a semantic loophole in whatever deal they signed with Marvel back in the day.

True, it could be that Marvel and Fox have struck a deal to start incorporating the X-universe into the Marvel Movie Universe. The same could also be speculated about Spider-Man, given that both movie franchises are getting a reboot at the same time, and not long after Marvel's independent films have gotten the fan community abuzz because of their inter-connectivity. But, admittedly, that kind of speculation is just pure, unadulterated fan-wank.

At the end of the day, I think it's safe to say that there's little-to-no chance of Scarlet Witch cropping up in The Avengers movie.

Here's hoping Marvel's old pal Mephisto doesn't decide to have some fun at the expense of the Scarlet Witch like he does in the comics...

Kmadden2004:

At the end of the day, I think it's safe to say that there's little-to-no chance of Scarlet Witch cropping up in The Avengers movie.

Probably for the best anyway, her best plot threads in the comics were thus:
Android luv'n
Dead baby hav'n
Chaos Magik'n
Crazy be'n
and Hawkeye Kil'n

None of which is really all that strong a movie idea except maybe the third, and honestly they could just as easily throw Dr. Strange or Brother Voodoo (ahem: Dr. Voodoo) for the sake of it, and they don't carry all that X-baggage.

I can dig it.

I'm really scared to see any more Marvel movies ever since Disney took over the franchise.

I love Olivia! He presence might be enough to make me see a film I don't really care about otherwise.

no, just no. please no. please god no.

Well, she is the Lesbionic Woman... so yeah, I think I'll wait and see.

Ghostwise:
She's pretty hot. She'll do a good job I'm sure.

Sir Anthony Hopkins owes his brilliant performance in "Silence of the Lambs" to his outstanding hotness.

And that scene in "The Deer Hunter" when they're playing russian roulette? Man, it was so tense because everyone was just soooooooo hawt!!!!

LACKT:
Scarlett witch needs a redhead,Munn should play as Ultimate Wasp who was half-asian like her since they went with Ultimate Fury who is Samuel L Jackson.

Ever heard of a wig? Seriously she could easily wear a wig. Sorry but it seemed obvious. I can't see her in such a serious role she's too quirky.

RJ Dalton:
I'm really scared to see any more Marvel movies ever since Disney took over the franchise.

Still do not understand this fear. Do you think "Unbreakable" and "The Incredibles" (my personal favorite animated movie of all time) were really all that bad of superhero films? They were made by Disney. And honestly I don't think the Marvel direct to DVD animated features could get any crappier, if it weren't for Spectacular Spiderman Marvel's non-Iron Man productions would look very lackluster in recent years and in need of fixing.

We don't have enough redheads already, stop replacing them with hot asians. I'm looking at you Lana Lang.

Maibus:
I never really liked Attack of the Show, I've stopped watching G4 altogether since it has long ago forgotten and abandoned video games as the primary subject, but that's not why we're here. Olivia Munn... yeah someone dump her down a pit some where so we can get someone decent to do the part she's speculated to do.

just bring her to my chambers and you'll never neeed worry about her sullying the movie again.

RJ Dalton:

oh but you should be afraid for one reason alone: Captain America may sing in his movie. I need not say anything else

I really hope this isn't true... she's bad enough at her normal job :(

Kmadden2004:

Rocketboy13:

Kmadden2004:

I don't think it works that way. I'd say her connection to Magneto (and the fact she made her first appearance in an X-Men comic) officially makes her part of the X-universe, thereby making her a property of Fox. And there is no way Fox's lawyers would leave such a semantic loophole in whatever deal they signed with Marvel back in the day.

True, it could be that Marvel and Fox have struck a deal to start incorporating the X-universe into the Marvel Movie Universe. The same could also be speculated about Spider-Man, given that both movie franchises are getting a reboot at the same time, and not long after Marvel's independent films have gotten the fan community abuzz because of their inter-connectivity. But, admittedly, that kind of speculation is just pure, unadulterated fan-wank.

The reason why Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have yet to appear in any X-Men film is because Marvel withheld the rights of the two characters in the event of an Avengers movie. As far as I understand it was part of the initial deal made when they started the franchise. Honestly however, without Magneto and the existence of mutants, I really don't see Wanda and Pietro fitting into the Avengers movies very well.

Irridium:

Dr. wonderful:

thenumberthirteen:
Sounds interesting. We shall wait and see. Oh and who is she?

Host of Attack of the show...

But why, her?

It will cause more people to see the movie since she's in it.

How exactly?

The only people who have heard of her are gamers, and one of the first posts on this topic was "who is she?".

If you want more people to see it you get high profile (and actual/experienced) actors; people that will apply more to the mainstream.

UltimatheChosen:
Seems odd to me to suddenly try to blend in the X-men franchise, since last time I checked, Marvel had sold the rights to those movies to a different studio or something like that.

Could cause a conflict if she's supposed to be in the X-men Origins: Magneto movie.

But she was never actually an X-man was she???
If marvel sold the rights that means Wolverine won't be in the Avengers movie...a shame he was an original Avenger wasn't he??

I wonder If they'll get SW's powers right *Shudder*

laryri:

008Zulu:
Isnt Scarlet Witch one of the bad guys? Also, if it is the Ultimate version of her then will they portray her relationship with

That's only in the Ultimate Universe.

They are using Ultimate Nick Fury, so if they are using the Ultimate equivilants, then... ick.

Tiny116:

UltimatheChosen:
Seems odd to me to suddenly try to blend in the X-men franchise, since last time I checked, Marvel had sold the rights to those movies to a different studio or something like that.

Could cause a conflict if she's supposed to be in the X-men Origins: Magneto movie.

Yes, she was.

That is not Olivia Munn. Olivia Munn looks more like an uglier Megan Fox.

Woodsey:

Irridium:

Dr. wonderful:

thenumberthirteen:

But why, her?

How exactly?

The only people who have heard of her are gamers, and one of the first posts on this topic was "who is she?".

If you want more people to see it you get high profile (and actual/experienced) actors; people that will apply more to the mainstream.

If I had to guess I would say to draw in more of the Attack of the Show/G4 crowd. Which they shouldn't have to do since most of them would go see it anyway.

I don't know for sure, but its my best guess.

She has the looks at least, but the acting could be a whole different story

Woodsey:

Irridium:

Dr. wonderful:

thenumberthirteen:

But why, her?

How exactly?

And even amongst gamers, a lot of us regard AotS and G4 in general as blights upon our hobby that need to be purified with maximum prejudice, Exterminatus style. Olivia Munn should be banished to a cave in Afghanistan.

TOGSolid:

Woodsey:

Irridium:

Dr. wonderful:

thenumberthirteen:

But why, her?

How exactly?

And even amongst gamers, a lot of us regard AotS and G4 in general as blights upon our hobby that need to be purified with maximum prejudice, Exterminatus style. Olivia Munn should be banished to a cave in Afghanistan.

What's so bad about them? I've never watched.

I know they're on X-Play though, who I really like.

They're shows that are so crappy that even MTV would have rejected them. The only thing that keeps AotS alive is Munn's tits.

See, back in the day, there was Tech TV. More specifically, there was a really wonderful program known as The Screensavers. Unfortunately, Tech TV just couldn't get its momentum going and it underwent a shakeup and morphed into what is now G4. The Screensavers was turned into Attack of the Show, and only one or two of TS's old cast survived (they aren't even around anymore). The show went from the good ole days of being a fun show about tech and computer tips and what not while being intelligent, to being a show that is about on par with Tosh.0 in terms of producing solid content and intelligence.

Essentially, Olivia Munn's tits are the ONLY thing keeping G4 alive due to raving 15 year old twits tuning in to look at them that are apparantly unaware you can see naked tits online for free.

UltimatheChosen:

Tiny116:

UltimatheChosen:

Yes, she was.

Hm, that may cause a problem.
However is it possible that Marvel only sold the right to X-men characters that were in the films??

Tiny116:

UltimatheChosen:

Tiny116:

UltimatheChosen:

Yes, she was.

Hm, that may cause a problem.
However is it possible that Marvel only sold the right to X-men characters that were in the films??

Possible, yes, but unlikely, considering all the minor characters they throw in (such as Agent Zero in the Wolverine movie).

I mean, I'm sure there are some kind of limits in place, but I have no idea what they might be.

I'm excited. I think she's pleasant to look at, but she's also educated and pleasant to listen to. It's not like she's Megan Fox or anything.

Olivia Munn is suprisingly like the kind of people I hang out with.
Well, the kind of people I hang out with, but paid to do things that appeal to a teenage male demographic.

*8bit hangs his head and cries a single tear; he does not approve of these shenanigans*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.