Boobs Sell Games, According to Activision

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Boobs Sell Games, According to Activision

How do you insure your game gets good buzz at a crowded GDC? You throw a party, that's how. And if you're really on the ball, you invite strip dancers.

Activision hosted an event at this year's GDC to show off a demo of their upcoming True Crime action game. Activision's PR team converted a party room at San Francisco's W Hotel into a faithful re-creation of Hong Kong's "Club Bam Bam," from True Crime, complete with free drinks and plenty of exotically-dressed dancing ladies. Some of whom displayed remarkable physical skill (among other things).

The Escapist's Greg Tito covered the demo here. If you want a taste of the party itself, watch the video (may be NSFW).

I liked the LA game.

LOVED the New York game.

Can't wait to see what happens with this one!

im sure we are gonna see some rational and trust worthy pre views coming soon.

Well. I saw a pole dancer.

And now I want this game.

I just watched a pole dancer do her thing for 30 seconds. Apparently this is supposed to get me hyped up for a new game? Didn't work.

Hopefully I wasn't the only who was hoping her pole would break and she'd faceplant.

Seriously this is considered news now?

swaki:
im sure we are gonna see some rational and trust worthy pre views coming soon.

Aye, to be sure.

Although, gotta give them points for foinf 110% lol

I think I need to make sure I attend GDC next year....

The LA game was alright, New York would've been great if not for a game crippling bug on the Xbox version that kept me from completing it.

I like the L.A version and the New York version but they never achieved the GTA greatness they always strived to emulate. I hope they can perfect it this time and find their own niche. This is their big chance since a lot of GTA fans are disillusioned with the fourth iteration.

P.S. Strippers are nice but a gameplay video would have been better.

Jeronus:
I like the L.A version and the New York version but they never achieved the GTA greatness they always strived to emulate. I hope they can perfect it this time and find their own niche. This is their big chance since a lot of GTA fans are disillusioned with the fourth iteration.

P.S. Strippers are nice but a gameplay video would have been better.

I think if they want to make headway into the "GTA-like" (i refuse to use clone) sandbox genre, especially at this time, they need to strike a balance of action and humor that borders more on the older GTA games. Saints Row 2 sorta got there but at the same time a lot of the humor was really crass instead of satirical.

Also I wonder if they have yet another character voiced by Christopher Walken in this installment.

thats a good quality pole they had for the promo.
not sure how its relevant to the game, unless there are poles in the game, and they have some nifty physics swaying back and forth depending on stripper's position.

So they advertise their game using using scantly clad women?

Until recently, didn't E3 already beat that horse to death?

I just hope your wife doesn't read the site Mr. Tito.

As long as the game doesent glich the hell out like the last one, im ok with it.

Thats nice. How about some actual GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE?

Oh god, they're trying 1-up EA!!!! EVERYBODY RUN!!!111!!1!1!!!1!!

Wait, what? Activision uses hot girls to sell games?!

Anybody who's played through GH3 should already know this...

sheic99:
Oh god, they're trying 1-up EA!!!! EVERYBODY RUN!!!111!!1!1!!!1!!

do strippers beat brass knuckles?

Sparrow:
Well. I saw a pole dancer.

And now I want this game.

Hope you are being facetious. That had nothing to do with the game at all.
It's like saying 'Oh there's a burger joint in the game...somewhere. Here, have some burgers. Now buy our game".

Why does this not surprise me?

Breaking News: Sex Sells.

Tune in later for our next reports: The Sky is Blue, Water is Wet, and The Cow Goes "Moo".

That pole looks like it was wobbly.

Activision will have the Health and Safety guys on them instantly.

So THAT'S what you need to sell games. All this time I had this crazy notion it involved actual game design. That's why they fired those Infinity Ward guys, why do you need multi-million dollar earning developers when you have strippers and plenty of one dollar bills to give them curtosy of the guys you just fired! (in case the point wasn't clear, i'm done with all activision games)

The statement isn't news. Neither is a powerful corporation bribing influential and easily impressionable people which will market their product.

This is almost turning into a law: The more hyped a game is, the more it tries to mask how much it sucks.

This is like 'booth babes' just amped up to 11 right?

Give that woman my money!
Uhh, what was this about?

Also, lol at the guys who try to act 'above' the influence of hot women. You know you like it, don't act chivalrous :)

I don't know if that will sell more games.... but it will certainly make me take a second look at their promo videos :p

Holy shit... She held herself up with nothing but her thighs...

I want one!!!

AvsJoe:
I just watched a pole dancer do her thing for 30 seconds. Apparently this is supposed to get me hyped up for a new game? Didn't work.

But somehow my infantile brain has related this blunt sex appeal to the experience I'll get in the game.
I am now totally captivated with this game that I know nothing about aside from the fact that it was marketed with strippers.

And holy shit, if all strippers were that...limber, Cirque du Soleil would go out of business.

TsunamiWombat:
Thats nice. How about some actual GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE?

Screw game footage there are pole dancers.

I have to ask...how did that stripper get so far up the pole? I mean, do her shoes have climbing tacks on or something?

Anywho... Activison, increasing the net level of evil in video gaming since 2000.

This just in: Sky blue, water wet, sex sells. News at 11.

BREAKING NEWS!

No shit Sherlock. The people who you sell the game to will just be a bunch of sweaty, pubescent, 13 year old chronic masturbating assfucks.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.