Battlefield PSA Mocks Modern Warfare 2 "F.A.G.S." Gaffe

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

ryai458:
Another reason I don't like DICE their games aren't that good and they take cheap shots, but what can you except when they are going up against MW2, doomed to fail, miserablily.

Just out of curiosity, have you even played BFBC2?

Talking about bad acronyms - Don't call it BBC2, call it BFBC2, BBC2 is a British broadcasting associations TV channel...

Hehehe...Go Dice. Go Yankees! If only the Mac vs PC adds were this funny.

BehattedWanderer:

Some of them are, surprisingly

lol. seriously delayed double post

Rainboq:

BehattedWanderer:

Yes, but not nearly enough of them. DICE isn't afraid to go a bit more tongue-in-cheek than either of the computer giants. Mac takes a few jabs, and PC responds more or less by saying "Yeah, and? You got nothing, Bring it!", but has no muscle behind the words, though it's not like Mac would actually press it.

I find BFBC2's prods at MW2 hilarious and annoying.

This one is definitely on the hilarious side.

BehattedWanderer:

Rainboq:

BehattedWanderer:

Yes, but not nearly enough of them. DICE isn't afraid to go a bit more tongue-in-cheek than either of the computer giants. Mac takes a few jabs, and PC responds more or less by saying "Yeah, and? You got nothing, Bring it!", but has no muscle behind the words, though it's not like Mac would actually press it.

They don't have too, macs are better than almost any PC, the only downside is the lack of games

Usurpurus:

ryai458:
Another reason I don't like DICE their games aren't that good and they take cheap shots, but what can you except when they are going up against MW2, doomed to fail, miserablily.

I agree entirely. The funniest thing is that they can mock MW2 for all kinds of things but the facts are, their severs work about as well as MW2's, they copied most of the weapons from MW2 (granted there aren't that many weapons out there altogether), kept noob tubes. Infact they copied almost everything aside from having larger maps and proper physics... And yet, not as well...

they coppied most of the guns from mw2? most of the guns are from bad company 1 i beilve...

They coppied almost everything... oh where were the vehicles in the mp of mw2? did i miss that? at least it isnt bug ridden from the word go like mw2, granted the server situation on pc, but least it has servers and is working now.

Anything that can rip the hell out of the main market competitor like that without actually naming them wins in my book

I love it...

Bad Company ads are whole kinds of funny.

I wish that the next BC will bring the first's humor back. Because you know they are going to make a second one.

Rainboq:

BehattedWanderer:

Rainboq:

BehattedWanderer:

They don't have too, macs are better than almost any PC, the only downside is the lack of games

Well, without fanning those flames too much, I'll point out that serious computing hardware, like analytical machines, electron microscopes, diffractometers, automated weighing systems, and controlled operating and lifting equipment all use PC tech, which means PC still has the industry side of things. Cost for guaranteed performance tends for PC.

Besides, isn't the lack of games on Mac a really bad disadvantage for them?

"F.A.G.S."? Really? That's what Activision's marketing group came up with? I never saw that, but holy ****! That's some really messed up stuff and they should have payed attention to that.

At least EA's marketing team got it right with F.R.A.G.S., which in itself means a kill for an FPS game as well as the acronym for the Friends Really Against Grenade Spam saying.

I wouldn't blame IW directly on it, guys. If you recall, Activision played a heavy part in direction control for Modern Warfare 2 as well as controls most (if not all) of the marketing for the products that they publish.

Good work. I'm going to go inform the Film Actor's Guild.

Hotshots:

ryai458:

I...disagree.

I also... disagree. Sure, if you're used to Call of Duty, you're going to have a hard time adjusting, but that in no way means that the game's bad.

xmetatr0nx:
Love CC.

Um well yea that sucks. Clever just not PC enough for todays world.

Using an acronym to spell "F.A.G.S." is not clever; it is juvenile. If they managed to pull off something hilariously offensive, I think people would have been okay with it. But they just made a lame jab at gay people, and that isn't particularly funny, clever, or PC.

OT: I chuckled a bit at this, I must admit. Taking a jab at IW's screw-up is a bit too easy, but DICE managed quite admirably. In other wods. I'm liking the video.

Ha! End was the best part.
"An-Oh shit"

*BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM!*

"Remember, stay away from random grenades."

So true though. I hate random grenades killing me so much I- GRRR!

carnkhan4:
Talking about bad acronyms - Don't call it BBC2, call it BFBC2, BBC2 is a British broadcasting associations TV channel...

It's the same reason we called Modern Warfare 2 Mewtwo, or Assassin's Creed AssCreed. We have fun with it; you guys should too ;)

Usurpurus:

ryai458:

I agree entirely. The funniest thing is that they can mock MW2 for all kinds of things but the facts are, their severs work about as well as MW2's, they copied most of the weapons from MW2 (granted there aren't that many weapons out there altogether), kept noob tubes. Infact they copied almost everything aside from having larger maps and proper physics... And yet, not as well...

MW2 doesn't even have servers. The weapons in both games are based on actual weapons. And "noob tubes" have been around since Perfect Dark on the N64, so if DICE are copying IW, then IW copied Rare.

Usurpurus:

ryai458:

If you think Bad Company 2 copied MW2, then you obviously haven't played Bad Company and probably not any Battlefield game at all. Both are completely different shooters with only the same setting, hence the similar weapons.

Well, to be honest, neither one is particularly hilarious, but the BFBC2 gets points of for feeling like it has to actually make a thinly disguised reference to MW2, which smacks of insecurity.

Next time there is another round of the tiresomely predictable MW2 vs BC2 "war", don't let me know.

This was pretty funny, but the one where Solid Snake is trying to sneak up on them in a barrel is brilliant.

Vie:
Any game that shares it initials with a popular TV channel should avoid throwing bad acronyms back at those who chucked them.

It doesn't "BFBC2." See. I see some people who use BBC2, but the roots of the game were BF#.

It's about time they started to lighten up again and bring back the funny parody commercials like when the first Bad Company came out.

Example

I really hope they make some more.

Rainboq:

BehattedWanderer:

Rainboq:

BehattedWanderer:

CD-R:
It's about time they started to lighten up again and bring back the funny parody commercials like when the first Bad Company came out.

Example

I really hope they make some more.

Loved this!

I....I...I'm getting tempted to try this game.. >_> <_<

Scunner:

Usurpurus:

ryai458:

If you think Bad Company 2 copied MW2, then you obviously haven't played Bad Company and probably not any Battlefield game at all. Both are completely different shooters with only the same setting, hence the similar weapons.

Yeah, you pretty much said everything that came to mind. If you think they copied weapons you really are grasping for things to try to trash the game about.

MW2 is a great game, but it has low replayability and poor balance. The maps/spots people use are the same in every single game after 2 weeks. In bad company since they are more realistic environments there are always multiple ways to attack from, and you can blow almost everything that can be used for cover up.

Meaning the way the map is played actually changes as its being played. Not this, oh look you can shoot some glass windows or blow up some boxes of paper "destructable" environments.

This is gonna get REAL old, REAL fast.

It's isn't one-upping if you're copying someone. Let's try being original, DICE, ok?

Stupid, stupid Infinity Ward.
But still, this shit is petty. Especially considering I don't see IW responding. It's that classic
"Just be the bigger man and walk away" thing.

DICE could learn a bit from pacifist new age mums everywhere.

I love threads like these that the subject doesn't even name any certain party in their ad or psa, and yet fanboys come out of the woodwork to bash the ad/psa and/or defend their own game.
I especially dig the video, makes me wish BBC2 didn't get all serious. Of course the players can always insert their own humor quotient into the game. Maybe 3 will rectify that at least to a degree. I still want to play it.

John Funk:

carnkhan4:

It's the same reason we called Modern Warfare 2 Mewtwo, or Assassin's Creed AssCreed. We have fun with it; you guys should too ;)

John this is the Internet, nobody knows how to have fun because it's all Serious Business.

Milky_Fresh:
Stupid, stupid Infinity Ward.
But still, this shit is petty. Especially considering I don't see IW responding. It's that classic
"Just be the bigger man and walk away" thing.

DICE could learn a bit from pacifist new age mums everywhere.

More like "Hi we're currently dealing with a massive legal SNAFU with Activision and don't have time to respond". Seriously I find it hilarious people were busy kicking IW for multiple things regarding Modern Warfare 2 and then all of a sudden they become something to be defended from those no good punks at DICE and EA. Does the gaming community at large have a bipolar disorder or am I just blowing this out of proportion? For more on this we go to nobody because I don't have the grant money to research this kind of foolishness.

ROFL. The promos sold me on BBC1... and this just sold me on BBC2.

Usurpurus:

ryai458:

Have you ever played a BF game before? They are older then CoD you know..

Usurpurus:

ryai458:

Dud if you say that BFBC2 is copying MW2 guns, then that's bullshit. They are both set in modern times, so therefor use only guns from this time period, there aren't that many gun models goin around you know.
If you can say BFBC2 copied MW2's guns, than I can say MW2 copied Rainbox six's guns or LFD2's guns.

I must say I love these guys at DICE

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or