I've got wood now because of this.

Infinite Awesome.

Now built a giant Kasumi.

SirZanton:

Daystar Clarion:

Amnestic:
*looks down*

And now I need to change my underwear.

Japan moves one step closer to a real giant mecha army. Surrender your allegiances now guys.

Come now, if Call of Duty has taught us anything, it's that come rain or shine... and Japanese mechs... Cpt. Price and the S.A.S. will save us all.

Some SAS guy VS. Japan's Giant Mech Army
Yeah, I think we all know who wins that one

That would be the best game/movie ever. It could go either way, think about it.

John Funk:
Now, while I need to maintain a level of professional decorum as a news writer here, I hope you'll forgive me this one outburst of fanboyish joy:
YESSSSSSS! THIS IS F*CKING AWESOME!

Hell ya it's awesome!!!!

I soooo want to go to Japan someday... *sighs*

This sounds freaking incredible. Maybe they'll make an even bigger one and turn it into apartments. Hell, I'd so live in one of those.

hehe! if it wasnt already epic enpough!

next step! Real life working version!

Every time they move that thing they add a piece of functionality. Give it some time and it will be the real thing.

If I win the lottery at some point in the near future, this is where I will go for vacation.

what if someone tried to use it and it broke?

Going to Japan now. BRB

B Goy:
So they have a giant robot with active weaponary?

And the military don't have why?

Because this one's just a giant Gunpla model... maybe if this "build a Gundam" festival becomes a regular thing, maybe one day they'll have a real meka (complete with someone piloting it) there...

I am driving under the ocean right now to see this, thank you wifi. Oh shit, trench, well at least this picture will bring me comfort in eternity.

Next....Jehuty

The image seems to be broken.

Anyway, I'd like one of those in front of my house.
Well, first I'd need a house, but you get the point.
This is excellent.

Donnyp:
Next....Jehuty

This would be one of the most awesome things ever. Also I do have to agree, that's really bad ass, but yes I prefer Jehuty's build compared to Gundam mecha.

The Infinite:

Donnyp:
Next....Jehuty

This would be one of the most awesome things ever. Also I do have to agree, that's really bad ass, but yes I prefer Jehuty's build compared to Gundam mecha.

They both look Cool Jehuty is just the better Frame/Mech and i want to be able to use Zero Shift lol.

The Rascal King:
That is indeed fucking awesome!

Now we need some Zeon vs Federation battles in the streets of Tokyo

Hop to it Japan

Yes cause it's not like Japan needs more giants destroying it's cities.

That is sheer awesome. But something tells me it wont be done by the time I go to japan this summer.

fix-the-spade:
Ok, that's cool.

Is this one going to be permanent? They shouldn't have pulled the last one down.

No it's going to be taken down on January 10th, 2011.

When I read that news story on Ngee Khiong I couldn't help but wig the heck out.

The statue is a real robot with a real energy blade, they are just giving the public time to get used to it before the combat models roll off the assembly line.

notyouraveragejoe:
This sounds freaking incredible. Maybe they'll make an even bigger one and turn it into apartments. Hell, I'd so live in one of those.

I've got dibs on the cockpit room. XD

John Funk:

JOHN you naughty boy! I never thought you knew language like that! D:

Go to your room and think about what you have done young man! And no pudding for you tonight!

*ehem*

OT: this is AWESOME news, I saw the original one and it was epic XD

This is either the most awesome thing ever to grace the earth...or this is a sign that Japan is preparing to rise again Red Alert 3 style with transforming mechs and giant laser swords. I'm not sure whether to be in a nerd heaven or be in total fear. Either way, Japan just showed how utterly badass it has become.

John Funk:
Japan's Life-Sized Gundam Returns With Active Weaponry

The good news: The full-scale, life-size Gundam will be rebuilt in Japan. The better news: It's going to have a lightsaber this time around.

Last year, we here at The Escapist faithfully reported on the incredibly awesome oddity that was the 1:1 scale statue of the iconic RX-78-2 Gundam being built over in Japan from inception to completion to deconstruction. Why, you ask? Because it was badass.

Even though the life-size Gundam was taken down in September after just a few short months on display, something that cool couldn't be kept down forever. We'd heard that the Gundam would be making a return this year, but now we finally have confirmation. According to a Bandai press release, the iconic giant robot will be erected in front of the JR Higashi-Shizuoka railway station in Shizuoka - one of the busiest train stations in the world.

It won't be exactly the same RX-78-2 Gundam seen in Odaiba's Shiokaze Park, however: This new iteration of the statue will be holding one of the series' standard beam sabers (think giant mecha-size lightsabers). What's really cool about this is not only will the beam saber light up at night, but the new display pedestal will actually be designed in such a way that it looks like the saber is cutting through the stone.

Shizuoka has a special connection with Bandai's Gundam franchise, as it is home to the massive factory that produces all of the popular plastic model kits of the franchise's various giant fighting robots. So, in a way, those little models (16 of which are adorning my desk here at Escapist HQ) are getting a very, very big brother.

The groundbreaking 1979 anime series Mobile Suit Gundam, directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino, established the "real robot" genre of mecha anime. As opposed to the "super robot" genre where the fighting robots were magical superheroes who fought monsters and aliens, the "real robot" genre treated the mecha as military hardware, with a far more serious and dramatic take on the matter. The guy's not called "'Kill 'Em All' Tomino" for nothing, you know. It would spawn one of the longest-running anime franchises in history, and has a very special place in Japanese pop culture.

Now, while I need to maintain a level of professional decorum as a news writer here, I hope you'll forgive me this one outburst of fanboyish joy:

Thank you.

(Via Ngee Khiong)

I want to buy one when it's an actual robot.

mattttherman3:
If I win the lottery at some point in the near future, this is where I will go for vacation.

Same here. I really would like to visit Japan. This would be one of the sights to see

.....i think im having a nosebleed because of how awesome this is. Is that normal?

Ha! Who better to report this than the guy who has a Gundam as his avatar? Speaking of which, what Gundam is that, Funk? Always did wonder that.

WhiteTigerShiro:
Ha! Who better to report this than the guy who has a Gundam as his avatar? Speaking of which, what Gundam is that, Funk? Always did wonder that.

That's 00 Gundam from Gundam 00, here's the full size image.

Infernai:
.....i think im having a nosebleed because of how awesome this is. Is that normal?

I think it's weird if you're not not.

Amnestic:
*looks down*

And now I need to change my underwear.

Japan moves one step closer to a real giant mecha army. Surrender your allegiances now guys.

Except for the fact that getting one to work would be fairly difficult, without adding a lot of weight in the legs and feet. And that without a shield system it would need a LOT of weapons systems capable at firing at multiple targets to actually be of some general use. Unless you could get the enemy to surrender based on the sole badassery of the situation.

...Now all they need is EVA 02 (original design, and forget 00 or 01...)

John Funk:

I can't agree with you more, good sir.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.