Atlus Starting Work on Persona 5

Pages PREV 1 2

misteromar:
If anything it will be on the Wii or DS.

Erh, don't think so.

Either way, now I'm excited all day long...

I'm just gonna echo the "Please put it on the PS3" thought. Honestly, it's about time for a next gen Persona game

I liked the Persona games when I first played them, but looking back, they must have been the most linear and repetitive experience I've seen in a JRPG. Sometimes it felt like all I was doing was filling up countless meters (exp, friendship, stats, etc.) while sitting through tons of dialogue with no consecuence in my actions, rather than increasing the time I had to spend with "classmates". It wasn't until I played Dragon Age (the first non-japanese RPG I played) that I realized how flawed the concept was. Plus, the combat system in P3 was broken beyond repair.

The DSM:
Oh god lord yes.

Please be on the X box 360....

I don't see why not...The 360, of all things, is the home of JRPGs this generation.

misteromar:

your insane, i hope you know that, Persona has always been a PS game, it wont do what Final fantasy did (Sadley, would love to see Persona with achievements) and hop around to another system.

OT: YES! god i have already lost a total of 500 hours to both 3 and 4, might as well add another 100 to 200 hours depending on how good this one is!

Onyx Oblivion:

The DSM:
Oh god lord yes.

I don't see why not...The 360, of all things, is the home of JRPGs this generation.

would that be true? sence some major JRPGS have gone to PS3 too (White Knight is the only one i can think of at the time, but i know theres more)

Brad Shepard:

Onyx Oblivion:

The DSM:
Oh god lord yes.

would that be true? sence some major JRPGS have gone to PS3 too (White Knight is the only one i can think of at the time, but i know theres more)

Not really, Tales of Vesperia had a PS3 version after the 360 version, and same with Starocean 4, and even then, I don't think the ToV port was in all areas. Not to mention the later PS3 ports of Eternal Sonata and Enchanted Arms.

Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, an Infinite Undiscovery were 360 exclusive, too.

Onyx Oblivion:

Brad Shepard:

Onyx Oblivion:

The DSM:
Oh god lord yes.

Not really, Tales of Vesperia had a PS3 version after the 360 version, and same with Starocean 4, and even then, I don't think the ToV port was in all areas. Not to mention the later PS3 ports of Eternal Sonata and Enchanted Arms.

apparentley i need to go to gamestop and spend my paycheck, i forgot all about those games...

I doubt it'll have that much of a graphical leap if it goes to PS3/360.

I never played any of the games, but I don't think they'll get rid of the 2D anime style.

Wich is good.

Brad Shepard:

Onyx Oblivion:

Brad Shepard:

Onyx Oblivion:

The DSM:
Oh god lord yes.

apparentley i need to go to gamestop and spend my paycheck, i forgot all about those games...

Wait! I forgot to mention Culdcept Saga, which no one ever heard about.

I want them to make sure the killer/antagonist isn't so obvious. By simply making sure they hire someone who isn't as recognisable as a voice actor as Johnny Yong Bosch.
When i found out he was a character in P4, a character who doesn't appear to be a main, it basically gave away who the killer was.

Put it on the PS3, please

I still have my Ps2, but I want to see what this series can do with the PS3's power

Ubermetalhed:
I want them to make sure the killer/antagonist isn't so obvious. By simply making sure they hire someone who isn't as recognisable as a voice actor as Johnny Yong Bosch.
When i found out he was a character in P4, a character who doesn't appear to be a main, it basically gave away who the killer was.

Actually, he was also the MC, but considering this is SMT, I guess no one noticed.

What everyone said about PS3, and make it so that it's not 2 hours before the tutorial fight after starting. Also, isn't Persona 3 in a college, because I remember it started out with you moving into a dorm, or something.

How about college students back in the 9th century?

Wow, now we just have to wounder how the formula will change, will they bring back the "kill yourself to summon your inner self" and how the time limit will be set up. In P3 it was the moon, P4 the weather so maybe it will be... the, uhhh... Temperature! yeah! Oh well, anyways it looks good but am i the only one hoping that they'll hire a voice actor for the MC this time around?

- Get rid of the turn-based combat and replace it with something real-time, or maybe something like Kingdom Hearts. I know it requires more strategy than Darksiders or Crash Bandicoot, but the fact remains that turn-based combat isn't as engaging. How about doing something like Shadow of the Colossus?

- Get rid of the randomised dungeons. No matter how hard you guys try to justify them, they will never fully make sense with their given context. Also, make the dungeon halls bigger (like in Thief) and genuinely reward diligent exploration.

- Please stop making the girls beat up the guys and/or screw them over. This was hardly funny the first time, but when you repeat the same joke time and time again, it begins to lose its charm. It's not even that funny to be honest, especially when mainstream anime has been marching in line behind Final Fantasy VII for a good 13 years now and the joke's falling apart. Which reminds me:

- Put in different character archetypes. We see the same thing over and over again: mute protagonist, tomboyish girl that beats up comic relief idiot #1, elegant girl, tough guy, comic relief idiot #2 (or: mysterious entity that is somehow connected to the overarching plot that is also played as comic relief). These are all roads well-travelled. Well-travelled to the point that if I see a comically stupid adult (Ikutsuki and Adachi), I know they're the villain. How about a genuine mute or maybe a passive-aggressive otaku?

- Make the dialogue choices the player makes have significantly more impact on the story than bugger all. I liked in Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call where you have access to six different endings to suit your tastes and give your own sense of absolution. Nowadays, the absolution is always given to us in its entirety and destroys the role-playing aspect.

On a side note, could you guys over at Atlus explain to me why the children bother to go into the dungeons themselves when they have Personae at their side?

I've seen poster art for this game, and just for the tagline, I wonder if they are going to add alignment choices, or branching storylines. Though, it does seem like they are keeping the choose-a-gender main character like they did for P3P.

So long as it gives you the option to turn off your support character in battles, I'm happy. We don't need Fuuka or Rise telling us how many enemies there are when my party is at level 60.

Brad Shepard:

misteromar:

your insane, i hope you know that, Persona has always been a PS game, it wont do what Final fantasy did (Sadley, would love to see Persona with achievements) and hop around to another system.

OT: YES! god i have already lost a total of 500 hours to both 3 and 4, might as well add another 100 to 200 hours depending on how good this one is!

It's not as insane as you might think.
A Persona game, as well as a sequel to Devil Survivor were announced for the 3DS. This may be the new Persona game they're talking about. (Or not. You never know.)

I think I'll try 3 again. I don't remember what happened my first time through, I think I wasted too much time and couldn't handle one of the bosses.

Milkman Dan:
It's kind of sad that I haven't even finished Persona 3 yet. And it wasn't even Persona 3 FES.

I still have to finish up The Answer in FES, and the female campaign in P3P. There is no image in my spoiler, there is a Persona 4 spoiler in my spoiler.

Some Random Tosser:
...SNIP

On a side note, could you guys over at Atlus explain to me why the children bother to go into the dungeons themselves when they have Personae at their side?

I read something somewhere that even inside of the dungeons the Personae are still limited in both what they can and cannot alter, and how long they can remain outside of their counterpart. Either that or I'm going to call it a plot point since the first Persona.

Quantum Star:

Brad Shepard:

misteromar:

It's not as insane as you might think.
A Persona game, as well as a sequel to Devil Survivor were announced for the 3DS. This may be the new Persona game they're talking about. (Or not. You never know.)

Trust me, ive followed ATLUS for many a year by now, and P5 will be comming to one of the 3 main systems, more then likley PS3, but with that new game there making for the 360 too (THe one with the PIzza) Ya never know, but i just know P5 will not be for the 3DS.

The Persona team are the ones working on Catherine so I expect it will be on PS3/360 and based on similar tech. Doesn't really make that much sense to make a game that has always been a PS exclusive Wii only.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.