Cliffy B: Not One, But Two Game Reveals On Monday!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Cliffy B: Not One, But Two Game Reveals On Monday!

What do you do when your (not-so-)surprise game announcement is accidentally announced by someone else beforehand? You plan to announce another one, if you're Epic Games' Cliff Bleszinski.

CliffyB, as he is perhaps better known (to his great chagrin) was all set to announce a new game on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon last night - however, scheduling conflicts (and a desire on Epic's end for some additional last-minute polish) led to a reschedule, with the announcement planned for Monday.

However, apparently nobody told Microsoft's Xbox Live team, and the wholly-unexpected (and good God am I being sarcastic) Gears of War 3 was accidentally revealed before CliffyB could do it himself. But with the wind taken out of his sails, was Epic's frontman just going to give up?

Come on. Would Marcus Fenix give up?

Instead, Bleszinski is just going to make the announcement spicier by announcing not one, but two games! That's according to his Twitter account, anyway: "NEWSFLASH: Two announcements about two upcoming games on Monday. BOOM!"

The other game could really be anything (Unreal 4? Jazz Jackrabbit? Gears of War HeartGold Version?) but is most likely People Can Fly's long-rumored title Bulletstorm. But that's just speculation, so don't hold us to that. Instead, hold Game Informer to it, since that's the game on the cover of next month's issue.

Very clever, Cliffy. Very clever indeed.

I seriously hope it's a new Jackrabbit.

I grew up playing Id games instead of UT, but I still like CliffyB.

Did Epic publish Shadow Complex? Maybe a sequel to that would be cool.

Oh for God's sake. JUST ANNOUNCE UNREAL 4.

I'm hoping for a Shadow Complex sequel. Still my favourite game on the Live Arcade.

And I am also happy about Gears 3, although Cliff Bleszinski would have announced it more awesomely. Since he's Cliffy B and he has superpowers.

$20 says its named Bulletstorm.

buy teh haloz:

Yeah, pretty much this.

Hopefully it won't stink as much as 3, and rock more like UT2004

buy teh haloz:

I agree!

Actually now that I read what I just quoted... maybe they should do Unreal 3 first. :)
But yeah, I'd love Unreal 3!

UNREAL 4 FFS! please be unreal 4. And...i still dont give a shit about Gears III

T-Bone24:

If they turned that into a full game I'd have to change my pants...

buy teh haloz:

That would make me so happy, I think I would cry

Jark212:

T-Bone24:

IMO it was a full game, it took me like 25 hours or something to beat.

I still haven't bought Shadow Complex yet... I must buy it...

OT: I've tried Shadow Complex so a sequel would be awesome.

That sounds Epic games like.

Some one take the flare out of your sunrise? Add more Dakka.

What a coincidence, I just got that issue of Game Informer out of my mailbox not 10 minutes ago.

John Funk:
People Can Fly's long-rumored title Bulletstorm

I'd be tempted to buy that just because their other game was so badass...

Unreal Gears Tournament 4

Cliffy is a hilarious fellow. I wuv him for it =3.

Irridium:

buy teh haloz:

Yeah, pretty much this.

Am I the only one that liked UT3? I think the reason that it didn't succeed like UT2K4 was that there were so many people still playing UT2K4 and didn't want to give up all their mods. I think if more modders had switched to UT3 it would have been just as successful as UT2K4.

Now, if they were to take UT2K4 and just update the Graphics and have it run on the latest Unreal Engine, I'd buy it right away.

buy teh haloz:

We need Unreal 4! It's the game that introduced me to unrealistic shooters and multiplayer.

Gaderael:

Irridium:

buy teh haloz:

Yeah, pretty much this.

Am I the only one that liked UT3? I think the reason that it didn't succeed like UT2K4 was that there were so many people still playing UT2K4 and didn't want to give up all their mods. I think if more modders had switched to UT3 it would have been just as successful as UT2K4.

Now, if they were to take UT2K4 and just update the Graphics and have it run on the latest Unreal Engine, I'd buy it right away.

I agree. Kind of.

I didn't hate it, but I just didn't have as much fun on it than I did with UT2004.

Mainly because they took out my favorite mode, assault. And I didn't like the story that much. Felt it was pretty lame. The tournament style story in UT04 was pretty sweet. Making a team, managing them, winning battles, ect. It was more fun in my opinion.

But those are just my personal problems with the game.

AC10:

Jark212:

T-Bone24:

IMO it was a full game, it took me like 25 hours or something to beat.

I was thinking like a game with a disc and box art and awesome stuff like that, It would give them a lot of room to expand...

This is very very good news... Now it's even more likely that it will be Gears 3 or Shadow Complex 2... or both! Or a whole new game! I'm looking forward to this one.

Also, if you have a Twitter, it should be required that you follow CliffyB.

Jazz Jackrabbit 3 imo.

I don't care what two games are being announced, although of course one of them will be Gears of War 3. Nonetheless, it's more great games from a great developer, so keep them coming!

Come on Jazz Jackrabbit 3!!! I'VE GOT A FEELING!!!

Epic will have to come up with something pretty fucking impressive to redeem themselves in my eyes after they went "OMFG! PIRATES! NO GEARS 2 FOR PC" over the lacklustre sales of the original Gears on PC.

I admit, I'm pretty unforgiving about devs who used to be all about the fan service pulling dick moves.

I'm also waiting for a PC release. I'd love to see an upgraded Unreal.

You know what, it BETTER be Jazz Jackrabbit 3! Imagine how God damn amazing that would be. All the kids would be like "what the hell?" and all us old bastards would be like "What the... HELL YEAH!"

Actually, I'm going to bet that it's not Unreal 4. Unreal 3 did terribly. I could see Unreal 4 as a sort of Mea Culpa. "Sorry. This is the game that we -really- meant to come out with." But my bet is Bulletstorm. The Unreal Engine has only just begun to be tapped. I'm hoping for a property that will really show off what the Unreal Engine can do.

Another Gears game? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. /sarcasm

Pretty badass move though.

Please be Jazz Jackrabbit 3?

My votes goes to an Unreal game of some sort.

I think the reason he's called CliffyB is because nobody can spell his last name...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here