Classical Music Goes Guitar Hero in Music Master: Chopin

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Classical Music Goes Guitar Hero in Music Master: Chopin

Get ready to rock out with your Chopin out: The Polish composer and pianist is getting a Guitar Hero-style music game to celebrate the 200th anniversary of his birth.

Music Master: Chopin is a new music game being developed by Polish studio Bloober Team. Similar in concept to Guitar Hero and Rock Band, Music Master: Chopin will feature not only classical piano pieces, but also vocal performances and rock arrangements of the composer's work. The game is currently planned for the PC, Mac, iPhone and iPad, but there have been discussions about bringing the game to consoles as well.

The concept for the game was a winning entry in the "Chopin 2010 - Promesa" competition, celebrating "the Year of Chopin," and as such the project is being funded by the Polish Ministry of Culture. The developers hope the game will attract the attention of a new generation of music lovers to the works and achievements of the famed composer.

There's no word whether Music Master: Chopin will ship with a miniature plastic Steinway controller, but I'm hopeful. First screenshots of the game are expected to be released within the next couple of weeks; a planned release date for the game has not been announced.

Source: GameMusic.net

haha they should have a violin controller instead of guitar if they ever do consoles :P

but for realz, idk seems intresting

I guess that's kind of cool, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around how that would work. I know there's that weird piano peripheral out there (I don't even remember what that's called), but seriously. Curious but not sold yet.

Sheepy:
I guess that's kind of cool, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around how that would work. I know there's that weird piano peripheral out there (I don't even remember what that's called), but seriously. Curious but not sold yet.

One white button, one black button, and a foot pedal. Bam! Done.

While I like Chopin, and I like videogames, I'm not entirely sure if these are two great tastes that will go great together. I am, however, anticipating what this turns out to look like.

This actually seems pretty cool.

Lord_Panzer:
One white button, one black button, and a foot pedal. Bam! Done.

While I like Chopin, and I like videogames, I'm not entirely sure if these are two great
tastes that will go great together. I am, however, anticipating what this turns out to look like.

What, really? I'm not even a piano player and that kind of has me going wtf. At least give a whole octave in keys. How do you even... You know, I'm not going to ask.

And I'm on the same wavelength here. Chopin is one of my favorite composers to date, but somehow combining a rhythm game like Guitar Hero (or however they end up doing it; hell, they may surprise me) with that particular style of music just does not jive with me. But I'll save my opinion for when I see it, I guess. It just seems... weird. Logical, but weird.

Isn't most of Chopin's music known for being really subdued and calming though? that hardly seems like it would make a compelling game. I guess they can at least have the Revolutionary Etude for a challenge.

Kanodin0:
Isn't most of Chopin's music known for being really subdued and calming though? that hardly seems like it would make a compelling game. I guess they can at least have the Revolutionary Etude for a challenge.

Actually, you'd be surprised. Some of his etudes are kinda crazy.

I'm completely serious this is what I have been waiting for a classical version of rock band!!!

Sheepy:
What, really? I'm not even a piano player and that kind of has me going wtf. At least give a whole octave in keys. How do you even... You know, I'm not going to ask.

And I'm on the same wavelength here. Chopin is one of my favorite composers to date, but somehow combining a rhythm game like Guitar Hero (or however they end up doing it; hell, they may surprise me) with that particular style of music just does not jive with me. But I'll save my opinion for when I see it, I guess. It just seems... weird. Logical, but weird.

My first bit was a bit of a joke. My grandmother plays piano, so I'm aware it's sliiightly more complex than that, haha.

I think it would be neat if there was some sort of Symphony Hero franchise that pops up when Natal comes out. Motion-controlled conducting and whatnot. But I'm not entirely sure how you'd be able to make a semi-realistic peripheral in place of a piano that isn't either a complete joke or a complete piano.

Lord_Panzer:
My first bit was a bit of a joke. My grandmother plays piano, so I'm aware it's sliiightly more complex than that, haha.

I think it would be neat if there was some sort of Symphony Hero franchise that pops up when Natal comes out. Motion-controlled conducting and whatnot. But I'm not entirely sure how you'd be able to make a semi-realistic peripheral in place of a piano that isn't either a complete joke or a complete piano.

So kind of like with a sensor like Para-Para. I would play the hell out of that.

But yeah, making a piano peripheral that 1) is easy to use for someone who isn't keyboard or piano-savvy and 2) still gives you a bit of the actual experience of playing the instrument would be really tricky. For the most part, the games that have come before have done a really good job, but (and not saying that any of the other instruments are simple) the piano is a lot more complicated. I think that's part of the reason why there hasn't been a keyboard peripheral for Rock Band or Guitar Hero.

But there's already a Chopin game... it's called Eternal Sonata ... and we all know how that one turned out >.<

I don't think we need a new one >.> besides isn't the music sim genre dead?

That's reminded me that I want to go back to Mad Maestro and get further in it. I remember it being pretty hard though.

I would like a Schubert or Handel game due to watching Barry Lyndon the other week and thinking that the soundtrack was brilliant. Maybe Bobby Kotick could green light Baroque hero.

Lord_Panzer:
While I like Chopin, and I like videogames, I'm not entirely sure if these are two great tastes that will go great together. I am, however, anticipating what this turns out to look like.

Well, if you'd like a trial run of how they combine, pick up Eternal Sonata. The premise, if you are unfamiliar, involves navigating the dreamscape of Chopin on his deathbed in a quasi-anime-style RPG romp. It's strangely awesome, but I guess I'm one of the few to hold that opinion, from what I've gathered.

And, yes, you get to play as Chopin. He's eight feet tall, wears a top hat, and strikes foes with a conductor's baton. I think that about speaks for itself.

Im very interested, Chopin is probably my favorite composer.

Happyface. :-)

Well, its nice to see them using some other kinds of music.

I would totally be done with like "Classic hero" That would be so epic, play your own concert. 1800 style!

Oh great, it won't be long now until Youtube becomes littered with videos titled "BEATING Trois nouvelles etudes ON EXPERT!"...

...I also heard that Linkin Park will be making a guest appearance...

...and that Rachmaninov's gonna be the final boss...

HardRockSamurai:

Scariest. Boss. Ever.

Sheepy:

HardRockSamurai:

Scariest. Boss. Ever.

Seconded. The tutorial level, mind you, would be the first minute of Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 looped three times.

I would totally get this. I imagine that the piano keys will somehow be done with the computer keys. Not sure how it would work for a console though.

Lord_Panzer:

I think it would be neat if there was some sort of Symphony Hero franchise that pops up when Natal comes out. Motion-controlled conducting and whatnot.

That would be awesome.

Sheepy:

HardRockSamurai:

Scariest. Boss. Ever.

Nah, final boss has to be Rimsky-Korsakov

If it ends the same way Eternal Sonata does, I'm gonna get David Greenfield to Strangle the writer. Cookie for the reference.

But this is cool. If they make String Hero, there should be Firebird on there.
Maybe a modern one will come out and David Greenfield, Masafumi Takada, and Freddie Manzarek face off.

Chopin is one of my favorite classical music composers, his music is half the reason I enjoyed Eternal Sonata so much. Not to sure about the rock addition though.

Blanks:
But there's already a Chopin game... it's called Eternal Sonata ... and we all know how that one turned out >.<

It turned out well. The game got good reviews, and I enjoyed it. The first and last cutscenes combined are over an hour, but they're skippable.

Chopin is the best musician of all time, but I still have no interest in any of those damn music games.

Decabo:

Blanks:

It turned out well. The game got good reviews, and I enjoyed it. The first and last cutscenes combined are over an hour, but they're skippable.

Chopin is the best musician of all time, but I still have no interest in any of those damn music games.

I just felt each scene dragged for to long, but the music was beautiful and the history of chopin interesting, the combat was quirky and fun but it was the cutscenes and(most of) the characters that bothered me
I didn't get through the whole game mostly because my save got deleted and I really didn't want to go through everything again

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this is an old Muppet Show clip with Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem playing a Chopin song and Animal drumming and shouting "CHOPIN! CHOPIN!"

Seriously though, I've been wanting a classic music-themed game since Frequency. Mad Maestro was interesting, but the low quality MIDI versions of the music turned me off of it very quickly.

By God, first Eternal Sonata now a guitar hero-esque title. I've never been one for rhythm games but for my favourite composer I may just have to rethink that.

Oooooh. OOOOOOHHHHHH. I want that SO. DAMN. BAD.
Curse my classical music fetish. Especially my Chopin fetish. It's like they're doing it on purpose...
Wait a minute... THEY ARE! CUNNING BASTARDS!

initially I was sitting here just waiting for the "badum tish" but then I saw this article said April 15th not 1st so...

oh joy, sounds...kinda cool?

hahaha honestly idk, tho if I decided to invest money into another Guitar Hero/Rock Band style peripheral and game...I might try DJ Hero first

Tonimata:
Curse my classical music fetish. Especially my Chopin fetish. It's like they're doing it on purpose...

I've already bought the game. I can see that already...

*Looks at this revelation*

Finally, our time has come!

StarStruckStrumpets:

Tonimata:

I've already bought the game. I can see that already...

What?! HOW?! I demand to know! I must know!

Omg..This is so retarted. Chopin already has a game in this generation dedicated to him! Eternal Sonata! Why the hell do we need a guitar hero style version of that!?

sounds interesting...not entirely sure how the console version would work but for pc or mobile is very plausible sounding

HTID Raver:
haha they should have a violin controller instead of guitar if they ever do consoles :P

but for realz, idk seems intresting

I came up with that idea in a thread on these very forums about a year ago. Symphony Orchestra Hero, where you could play first violin for pieces like "Die Fledermaus Overture", "Radetzky March", and "William Tell Overture".

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.