Cheapest DLC Ever is a Radish From Hell

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Cheapest DLC Ever is a Radish From Hell

An somewhat obscure title has received a very cheap piece of DLC in the form of a dangerous vegetable.

Japanese players of PSP game Prinny 2 Tokkou Yuugi! Akatsuki no Pantsu Daisakusenssu! (which translates to something like Prinny 2: Dawn of the Great Pants War) are now able to download the cheapest piece of DLC known to man (other than one that is free). For the low, low price of around 10 cents, Prinny can be equipped with a "Demon World Radish" that takes the place of its weapon throughout the game.

Developer Nippon Ichi is selling the radish for a mere 10 yen, which is apparently the cheapest a piece of DLC can be sold for on the PlayStation Network. Not only is this piece of DLC cheap, but it's absolutely ridiculous. Still, it makes perfect sense within the world of Prinny. The Demon World Radish is not a weapon to be trifled with.

The Prinny character received its own side-scrolling platform/action game after making a first appearance in the Disgaea tactical-RPG series. A Prinny is a penguin with a bomb strapped to it, which makes it one of the most lethal penguins on Earth, possibly only second to the Batman villain if he's got all those cool umbrellas with him. The original Prinny side-scroller, Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?, made its way out of Japan and was known for its difficulty, but also for giving players 1,000 lives.

You've got to wonder why Nippon Ichi is putting a price tag on this DLC at all, as it can't be making much money from it. Maybe it's a publicity stunt, as a 10 cent price may get it more press than to release it for free. I mean, I'm writing about it, and I'm pretty important in the grand scheme of things, so it must have worked. When compared to other recent DLC offerings from larger videogame companies that have a suspect value, this deadly radish is definitely the bee's knees.

Source: Andriasang

So... what does the radish do?
Is it stronger? Does it shoot projectiles? Is it just for amusement?
Yeah, I'm guessing the last.

Never has the urge to murder with a vegetable been so high...

Amazing read.

This is how DLC SHOULD be promoted as. I am looking at you Activision. Not pricing it 1/4 of the game price.

Gotta have radish dude!

I really hope this game will come out to the US. Besides it being ~10 cents is this the first DLC for the PSP?

haha loved the 'i'm pretty important' comment, someones get delusions of grandeur me thinks ;)

and straying bullet we're lucky next time it'll be 1/2 lol

Wow, a weapon for 6p...
How interesting.

That said, it does look pretty interesting as a concept for individual itms in a game.

Oh, and Mr. Goldman:
I'm still waiting for the pictures of those chairs...

Is this penguin also a Super Pirate? I've never seen someone out side of Family Guy with two peg-legs.

I must take this opportunity to present an unusual ancient Greek word to you all.

Here it is

The definition is in the top right of the left-hand box, if you're having trouble finding it.

Its an explosive death penguin with a radish.

Dont question the logic, it isnt there.

What ever you do, DO NOT THROW THE PRINNIES!

Tharwen:
I must take this opportunity to present an unusual ancient Greek word to you all.

Here it is

The definition is in the top right of the left-hand box, if you're having trouble finding it.

Now how do I pronounce that amazing piece of verbiage?

@The DSM: It is an explosive peg-legged bat-winged death penguin with stars in its eyes, carrying a pointy radish. Batman or The Joker don't evoke that much terror. And all for less than a dime.

Straying Bullet:
Amazing read.

This is how DLC SHOULD be promoted as. I am looking at you Activision. Not pricing it 1/4 of the game price.

Exactly. Only if something is marketed as an expansion or "mini-expansion" should it ever cost more than $5-$10. And map packs should always be free, splitting the player-base is a big no-no in my books. Just destroys the community, and with no community comes no one to buy your other DLC.

Tom Goldman:
(which translates to something like Prinny 2: Dawn of the Great Pants War)

Would that be American pants or British pants?

One is substantially more hilarious than the other. I'd like to know which so that my gigglefits may rest assured in their validity.

Mr. Mike:

Straying Bullet:
Amazing read.

Exactly. Only if something is marketed as an expansion or "mini-expansion" should it ever cost more than $5-$10. And map packs should always be free, splitting the player-base is a big no-no in my books. Just destroys the community, and with no community comes no one to buy your other DLC.

It's surprising how DICE kept their mappacks to be free, even in the 'future'. But god knows what future means in their time-schedule. Activision alone could gently piss off when I heard about that. Bad Company 1 offered instant free downloads like Conquest and free mappacks.

BehattedWanderer:
Never has the urge to murder with a vegetable been so high...

Indeed, I want a Demon World Radish in all my games.

Fuck it, I want a Demon World Radish in real life.

Tom Goldman:
The original Prinny side-scroller, Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?, made its way out of Japan and was known for its difficulty

Sounds like I wanna be the Guy. Seriously it does, and that game sounds like pure sillyness wrapped in shenanigans.

SeanTheSheep:

Tharwen:

Here it is

As far as I can tell,

ra (as in rat)
pha (as in... phat?)
nid (as in tyranid)
o (as in top)
ow (as in crow)

Rathanido-ow. (I thrust a radish up the fundament)

It doesn't really go into English very convincingly.

Danny Ocean:

Tom Goldman:
(which translates to something like Prinny 2: Dawn of the Great Pants War)

Would that be American pants or British pants?

One is substantially more hilarious than the other. I'd like to know which so that my gigglefits may rest assured in their validity.

It's British pants. Pantsu is Japanese for underwear.

All the TF2 (For the PC) updates have been free, wouldn't that be the "cheapest" since you can't really get cheaper then something being free?

That is the most amazing thing I have ever senn in a game ever.

SomeBritishDude:
Is this penguin also a Super Pirate? I've never seen someone out side of Family Guy with two peg-legs.

I was wondering the very same ting

duuude! Id like to see a Prinny use that rather than the Prinny bomb or the sword attack dude.

Yuck! I hate radishes.
Still, at ten cents, it makes for one hell of a conversation piece.

Tharwen:

SeanTheSheep:

Tharwen:

Here it is

As far as I can tell,

ra (as in rat)
pha (as in... phat?)
nid (as in tyranid)
o (as in top)
ow (as in crow)

Rathanido-ow. (I thrust a radish up the fundament)
It doesn't really go into English very convincingly.

Eh, I don't particularly care about it being hard to pronounce with it sounding sensical, because I have a new favourite word.

Tom Goldman:

Maybe it's a publicity stunt, as a 10 cent price may get it more press than to release it for free. I mean, I'm writing about it, and I'm pretty important in the grand scheme of things, so it must have worked.

hehehe
Shamelessly exhibiting of obviously fake ego is still funny when done with class and not completely out of the blue and/or overly extended

Imma friggin buy this now.

what's the thing with japanese people and radish's ?

it appears in so many games...

free is still cheaper.
hell, a tiny file size and free is cheaper still, because then it costs even less time and money

only in Japan

If it's a publicity stunt, it worked.

I'm surprised PSN lets any DLC get on their network for less than $1

I'd have paid a dollar for that awesomeness.

And Tom, you're not important at all.

Oh please, Super Mario Bro. 2 had Radish weapons, and they were free!

Flunk:
It's British pants. Pantsu is Japanese for underwear.

That would make it the bastardised American version not English. Pants in English IS underwear but not in American.

lol, if I had it, for novetly I would buy it just for the price. Thats awesome XD

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here