Bayonetta Creator Wants to Make new Star Fox Game

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Bayonetta Creator Wants to Make new Star Fox Game

Bayonetta creator and Platinum Games developer Hideki Kamiya wants to make a new Star Fox game very, very badly.

Following Shigeru Miyamoto's statement that he'd like to see another Star Fox game, Platinum's Hideki Kamiya has thrown his hat into the ring, saying that he'd not only like to make a new game, but that he'd like to do it at gunpoint.

"I want Nintendo's staff to come to Platinum, stick guns at us and tell us 'You guys make a new Star Fox,'" he said via Twitter.

Kamiya had a great deal of praise for the series and claimed to be so satisfied with Star Fox 64 - also know as Lylat Wars - that he mothballed a 3D shooter he planned to make, because there was no longer any need to do it.

Source: VG247

Dear Nintendo,

For the love of all that is good and holy, LET HIM MAKE A NEW STAR FOX GAME!!!

P.S: Please kill off Slippy...

Platinum Games! Do a barrel roll!

No no no no no no no no no! I am not playing the game as the fox girl, i dont want to see anything like that, i want to go back to the days of Star Fox 64!

Damnit Nintendo!

Get guns already!

I WANT MY STAR FOX

that actually sounds pretty epic... Make it so! If he makes it maybe the on-foot missions in star fox will be as good or even better than the flying.

I'll say "Yay" if they let us kill Slippy.

YES! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That would be awesome, i wonder what kind of combos he could come up with for Arwing and Landmaster combat.
If he adds the Blue Marine back in i think ill pass out.

I just hope he doesn't mess with the camera to much, if its made like the Bayonetta one, i think a lot more people will play it for Krystal...

I suppose this could work if Nintendo took the same route they're doing with Metroid: Other M, i.e. have a collaborative effort with another well-known developer but limiting their creative input to the actual gameplay. Actually, that would probably work quite well, as we'd get some solid gameplay without it turning into Star Fox: Krystalnetta.

Although I get the feeling Nintendo's already at work on Star Fox Wii since Miyamoto has already hinted at it twice.

I wonder if they would do Star Fox in the style of Bayonetta...now, that would be intresting (Minus outfit and what not)

lol, be real sweet to see Fox kicking hide again!

Adventure kinda sucked mostly due to poor implementation, but give me a straight up shooter or a adventure shooter were you get missions to get funds to upgrade your ships....HELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmmmmm Krystal the Fox

We all already know Miyamoto's response, "I can't let you do that Hideki Kamiya!"

:(

I would actually be very hesitant to let him do this after the missile stage in bayonetta.

HardRockSamurai:
Dear Nintendo,

I must agree with this post. Star Fox Adventures has long been my candidate for the worst video game ever made. As much as I love Super Star Fox and Star Fox 64, the game has pretty much sucked since.
So I say, let hideki... Whatever his name is... Experiment with the game! If it doesn't work, oh well. Nothing lost!

Fappy:
We all already know Miyamoto's response, "I can't let you do that Hideki Kamiya!"

:(

I see what you did there.

I'm up for that..Star Fox needs an intro into today's world. Also if he does I beg and plead for the ability to kill Slippy

Yes, but only if it is in the style of Star Fox 64.

Any more of this 3rd person adventure game crap and I'm gonna hurt someone.

Nerdgasm!

I still play Lylat Wars to this day, awesome game.

Fuck yeah!

About goddamn time for them to make a good new Star Fox game.

The last good one was on the fucking N64.

Yeah, seriously. I don't care who does it, someone needs to take another crack at Starfox, preferably one that goes back to its roots and improves on them. Starfox is primarily, in my view, a shooter, and should be treated as such. Starfox Adventures made me so very sad. If this gets turned into another action game I may have to boycott Nintendo products entirely.

I guess really I want a Star Fox: Assault that doesn't suck. MAKE IT SO HIDEKI KAMIYA!

HardRockSamurai:
Dear Nintendo,

Agreed. Star Fox 64 was very fun, growing up. Never played the others, because it wasn't what I wanted in a Star Fox game.

While I think somebody who was a fan of the series BEFORE IT WAS ALL ABOUT %^&* GROUND COMBAT would proboly be the best for the series, seeing how shameful the guy went with Bayonetta, what do you think the guy would do with Krystal?

Though if he kills off Skippy, I won't care.

HardRockSamurai:
Dear Nintendo,

As long as it is like Star Fox 64, where it's purely in space and none of that "on foot" BS that was in the other Gamecube games.

HardRockSamurai:
Dear Nintendo,

My thoughts exactly.

Brad Shepard:
No no no no no no no no no! I am not playing the game as the fox girl, i dont want to see anything like that, i want to go back to the days of Star Fox 64!

I think that's exactly what he wants to do, and I'm all for it. Star Fox Adventures was a good action/adventure game with a wholly unnecessary franchise shoe-horned into it at the last minute. Check out the development history of the game if you're not familiar. It was supposed to be a totally original creation called Dinosaur Planet. That's where the fox girl came from.

YES PLEASE.
Star Fox Assault wasn't that bad, it just had crappy on-foot missions. BUT THINK ABOUT THIS. On the Wii, it could have online multiplayer, and co-op campaign!
Nintendo, please get out the guns and have Platinum make the new Star Fox game. IF TEAM NINJA CAN REVITALIZE METROID, THEN PLATINUM CAN REVITALIZE STAR FOX.
(and while you're at it Kamiya, kill off Slippy, but at least make his death his Crowning Moment of Awesome)

YES. THIS MUST BE DONE.
And because everyone here is saying "Kill Slippy", Karma will bite us all in the ass, when the game will have a section where you are FORCED to save his life in order to proceed further in the game.

No!! Give me more Bayonetta!!! Don't waste time remaking a game I didn't like!

Only if Krystal has a suit made of hair, or wait, she does, it's called Naked :D

Anyway, furry sex fantasy aside, MASSIVELY WANT! I just want a new non-shitty Star Fox game on console.

They should make a remake on Star Fox 64 with new levels etc and in HD (better graphics) like they did with Serious Sam, not continue on the ground based adventure formula that Star Fox Adventures had

I don't really care WHO makes a bloody starfox game so long as it gets made. seriously Miyamoto, Let a buncha retarded monkeys make the game, so long as it gets made!

HardRockSamurai:
Dear Nintendo,

soooooooo agreed. I loved both Bayonetta and StarFox 64 (except maybe for slippy) so the two of them together would be a pure eyegasm 8D

NO we can't let them make it. they are going to fill my favorite childhood game with creepy fetish stuff... fuck it, I want that game now.

I so badly want this!

Its nice to see a dev truly appreciate how awesome Star Fox 64 is.

To be honest though I'd really want a retcon on the entire series.
Make the game a direct sequel to 64, no Krystal, Panther, or any other undeveloped trashy character, just Fox, and his squad mates saving the day from Andross.

Maybe the plot could be like this:

A few months after Andross was defeated by the Star Fox crew, the team receive a distress signal from what sounds like Fox's father.

Naturally, the star fox team track the signal but when they arrive at the scene, they are ambushed by Andross' minions, and while fighting them off, they are hit by a mysterious ship, and the Great Fox crash-lands on the nearest planet.

With the Arwings repaired, the Star Fox crew persue their new foe accross the galaxy, meeting up with old allies, and old enemies along the way, as well as making new ones.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here