Pokemon Black & White Screens Evolve Into Video

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Pokemon Black & White Screens Evolve Into Video

This is what the new Pokemon games will look like in motion - if the games were accompanied by overly enthusiastic commentators, that is.

This past month, we've seen the reveal of the fifth Pokemon generation - and like Charmander to Charizard, it's been an evolution in three stages: First the reveal of the names and two of the new Pokemon, then leaked screenshots and further details, and finally now the video that you see above.

Okay, the video doesn't show much - just the same footage of the games' female trainer walking around a city over and over again - but it shows something, and it's interesting. This is the first the main handheld games have really experimented with full-3D environments (let alone a city of that size) so if used properly, it could actually be really cool.

The overly excited commentators and presenters dressed as Lucario and Chimchar, though? I could do without them.

(Siliconera)

Wow what a suttle advertising ploy: Screaming Japanese people!

They look like they have never ever seen a television let alone 3d Pokemon

It looks interesting actually. I might look into it as it gets closer to release. It is nice to see that they are starting to change things up a little bit.
Damn...those commentators are really annoying though. Almost intolerable if it wasn't for the extremely attractive girl standing in the middle. ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do not like the way the camera is fixed.

They will have to do more to get me to buy this game.

Translated - "I CAME"

There is so many things wrong with that.. they are all wearing silver.. the man on the left looks liek a woman and also the guy from the old quavers advert.. one of them has a Hitler tash.. The woman has freeky eyes.. maybe im nit picking.

Oh, the game looks good.

I wonder what kinda other stuff is on that crazy show...

Hubilub:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do not like the way the camera is fixed.

A right analog stick addon for the camera?

Onyx Oblivion:
I wonder what kinda other stuff is on that crazy show...

Hubilub:

A right analog stick addon for the camera?

That would be.... interesting.

Let's see if they do it!

Anyone else notice the guy with the hitler mustache? Im not saying I hate Japanese culture, but I REALLY don't understand it.

Wat.
That was... odd. I'm confused. Why were there big pokemon and shouting angry men? And what were they shouting?

Poomanchu745:
Anyone else notice the guy with the hitler mustache? Im not saying I hate Japanese culture, but I REALLY don't understand it.

I noticed him. Maybe he's sore because...

Calumon: Jack! Whatever you do, don't mention The War!

Hubilub:

The camera angle is what's keeping me from getting excited about this.
Also, they'll probably bring out a lot more crappy Pokemon.

That set was so full of win.
The enthusiasm doesn't surprise me, Pokemon is a Big Deal in Japan.

That Lucario outfit was actually pretty cool looking...

OT:i like it, i may haft to get used to the camera angle and 3d envirment but, its a cool direction they are taking the series in.

While it is a huge change, it does give a more...realistic and larger sense to the games, the towers actually looming over you instead of you being able to fit 4 of yourself on the roof

I wonder what they were saying though, it reminds me of the South Park episode Chinpokomon "These American will soon be entised, their childrens bombing the peral harbor" The girl even sounded like the one they had in the show as subliminal messenger to the boys...

Is it even possible to speak Japanese without sounding either incredibly angry or incredibly excited? If it is, I've never heard it.

No wonder the Japanese are so happy. Everything looks like kids TV! It's mesmerising...

That reminded me of MXC, only less funny...

That Anthrofox thing is old news. There's already some 34 about it and no I'm not going to look for it

I'm glad they seem to be making some bigger changes than they normally do, but I'm not that keen on the look of this new 3D layout. It looks a bit odd. I don't know, maybe I'll warm to it as more info appears.

Vanguard_Ex:
No wonder the Japanese are so happy. Everything looks like kids TV! It's mesmerising...

That's because it is kid's TV. The clip was from Pokemon Sunday, a show that is extremely popular with kids in Japan. It's not meant to be entirely serious.

Oh those CRAZY Japanese!

OT: I dodn't think it looks all THAT impressive, but I don't have a DS, so what do I know?

Well, can tell they are happy...heh

like what I see so far though

Wow, Japan really loves Pokemon don't they. [end sarcasm]

This series has been around for what about 20 years now and they're still this enthusiastic about it? Jesus.

Whats this? Your advertising campain is evolving!

Your screenshoot has evolved into a video!

Do you want to give it a nickname?

OMG Walking in circles! My favourite feature is back! Yay!

I've been playing the hell lot of HeartGold lately and actually, I like the new direction they're giving to the game, about damn time, also, I think it's gonna be temporary, or on special places, only for eye candy porpuses (DS standard, not HD standard). For example, when you're out in the wilds to search for new Pokemon, the camera may have a birds eye view as any Pokemon looked since '98, but entering on gyms, some dungeons, big cities (like the one on the video) may look like a full fledged 3D game. I like it =)

From above, that city might look kind of like a Pokeball.

And if I was presenting this in that video like those guys, I would head immediately to a plastic surgeon to make sure NOBODY EVER and I mean EVER recognized me again

for everyone who is confused:
the show is called "pokemon sunday" it is a kids show that airs every sunday in japan (and it is about pokemon, obvious statement is obvious) it shows the newest anime episodes and announces new pokemon games and events

they seem so excited because, again, it is a kids show, like the CeeBeeBees presenters in britain and ... whatever kids shows you have in america...

they are still excited after 10 years because pokemon is the second or third highest selling game in japan and is therefore SERIOUS BUISNESS

the camera angle isn't just the city one, it seems to be more of an exception than a rule from the other screenshots (like the distortion world in platinum)

Yep, it's another Pokemon game that look exactly like the others.

Like I said before, I'll pass.

Japanese television is strangely hypnotic. Odd things happen, shiny clothes are worn, hairstyles that would shame a post-modern artist are displayed proudly, and there are costumed pokemon for no apparent reason.

I'm just waiting for video of a battle. 3D environments are nice and all but if they finally upgrade the battle sequences I'll be really impressed. Something closer to pokemon stadium would be amazing and the DS should be able to handle it. Looking at the Zelda DS games they can pull off some impressive visuals with the handheld.

randommaster:

Vanguard_Ex:

That's because it is kid's TV. The clip was from Pokemon Sunday, a show that is extremely popular with kids in Japan. It's not meant to be entirely serious.

Well fuck, well done me.

Is it racist to say Japan scares me? I think I need a bath...

The gameplay was really underwhelming as for the cast well...At least they are something... I will leave it at something.

Vanguard_Ex:

randommaster:

Vanguard_Ex:

Well fuck, well done me.

Don't worry about it. It's not like anyone expects you t know about the target demographic of an international television show.

I mean, it's not like the stuff targeted at adults is any less bizarre.

The DSM:
Whats this? Your advertising campain is evolving!

Your screenshoot has evolved into a video!

Do you want to give it a nickname?

"Pointless"

Pointless wants to learn 'Charm' but it already has too many moves.

Forget a move?

Hmm...3D Pokemon. This looks pretty awesome. I hope that this is applied well since it seems pretty good. Last...well I really really really hope that the battle is made in 3D. Possibly the same way that they did the two Pokemon stadiums. I mean it wouldn't even be all that hard to do it. Though I don't know whether the DS can run it...can anyone tell me whether it can?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here