Capcom's Adorable Okamiden God-Puppy Charms the West in 2011

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Capcom's Adorable Okamiden God-Puppy Charms the West in 2011

Okami fans rejoice: Capcom is bringing its puppy-sized DS sequel to the West in 2011. Commence squealing over its protagonist, the adorable baby wolf-god Chibiterasu, in 5, 4, 3, 2... now.

It's no secret that we here at Chez Escape are looking forward to Capcom's handheld Okamiden for two reasons: One, Okami was one of the late gems of the last console generation, and more Okami is awesome. Two, it stars an adorable magical puppy! Dammit, what more do you want?!

While there were already hints that we might be getting Okamiden here in the West, there wasn't anything official - until now, that is. Capcom has officially announced that Okamiden is slated to hit North America and Europe, but it won't be until 2011.

Or, to quote the press release:

Taking place many months after the events of Okami, Okamiden follows the adventures of Chibiterasu - a young sun god who is summoned to protect and restore the land. Armed with a majestic celestial brush and a vibrant cast of partners with unique powers and abilities, this little god is ready to make its mark on the world. Okamiden is headed to the Nintendo DS in 2011.

Most adorable main character in a game ever made? I think so.

Aww, who's a cute little sun god savior of the world? You are, yes you are!

Awwww fuck yeah! This will be a day one purchase for me. Okami was utter brilliance. Okamiden has freakin' puppies!

Dammit, they got me. Looks like I'll finally be forced to buy a DS. I really hope this sells well enough to encourage Capcom to make a full console sequel.

Awwwww. So cute!!!!!

Loves the first game so I am glad we are getting the DS version... So adoreable!

Very yes. Okami was one of my favorite games for my ps2.

And yes, a new console sequel would be awesome as well

Oh, come on. It can't be THAT cut-- d'awww., look at the puppy!

Japan have concentrated adorableness into its purest form.

DO WANT.

Daawww its so adorable.

I demand they make Okami puppy plushhies. I'd totally by one.

D'awwwwwwww!!!!

I will be picking this up. Hopefully it's out on the 3DS, as well...

Bob Ross has come to us in the form of a Japanese sun god.

I do wonder if you'll be able to actually draw something in the game and not just use the brush for messing around inside the game.

Instead of the magestic amaterusa a clumsy puppy, whatever an okami sequel is great.
especially since the studio closed, i really didnt expect it :)

Armored Prayer:
Daawww its so adorable.

I second this, but add in some chibi ninetails plushies as well

NNNYYYYYAAAAAAAWWWWW
I still need to finish regular Okami, actually. I should get around to that sometime.

It seems Chibiterasu is the new Laser Cat. I wonder if

Although, I do not like the side-kick.

Dibs on the avatar! :D

So adorable. I'll be picking this up.

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't be happier over the news, and Chibiterasu is an adorable name for an adorable wolf cub^-^

Armored Prayer:
Daawww its so adorable.

I would pass out from the utter adorability. And then I would buy, like, five of them.

It will need a Nintendogs crossover of some sort. Really, really badly. :3

Susan Arendt:

Armored Prayer:
Daawww its so adorable.

I would pass out from the utter adorability. And then I would buy, like, five of them.

Ask and ye shall receive...

Daystar Clarion:

Susan Arendt:

Armored Prayer:
Daawww its so adorable.

Ask and ye shall receive...

O.O

So... Cute... Most... resist... To... Keep... Manliness...

Screw it.

DAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!! LOOK AT THE CUTE LITTLE PLUSHIES! WHERE DO I GET ONE SO I CAN WUZ IT FOREVER! :D

Daystar Clarion:

Susan Arendt:

Armored Prayer:
Daawww its so adorable.

Ask and ye shall recieve...

I WANT IT SO VERY MUCH!

So yes, this will be a must buy for me. I love Okami and I foresee nothing going wrong with Okamiden.

Although I'm overflowing with joy at a sequel, I just don't get why she has to lug around Susano's kid. He'll just obstruct Amy's adorableness.

I am so going to get a DS for this game.

It has a friggin' PUPPY that kicks ass with a paint brush!!! XD

Oh man, I got goosebumps from that trailer. Just the smallest sound byte from Okami's music sets me off into a wave of nostalgia.

Right then, onto my Gamefly queue you go.

T-Bone24:
Oh man, I got goosebumps from that trailer. Just the smallest sound byte from Okami's music sets me off into a wave of nostalgia.

Same here. The music in that game is brilliant.

I think I'll pass on this one. Okami wasen't really a game that interested me. Plus, I don't own a DS and I'm not about to buy one so I could get this game.

Daystar Clarion:

T-Bone24:

Same here. The music in that game is brilliant.

*Owns the 5-disc soundtrack*

Yes, it really is :D

maddawg IAJI:
I think I'll pass on this one. Okami wasen't really a game that interested me. Plus, I don't own a DS and I'm not about to buy one so I could get this game.

Xzi:

maddawg IAJI:

We must educate this lost soul...

To the Okamimobile!

MY GOD.........EPIC LEVEL OF WANTNESS!!!!
I loved Okami, one of the few games to make me shed a few tears.
And I really want a plushie........I feel I have just lost all my collected man points in one fell swoop, but DAMMNIT I DO NOT CARE!!!

Daystar Clarion:

To the Okamimobile!

*Spinning montage complete with music exits to:*

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Never got around to Okami, but this is definitely on my 'To Get' list.

Xzi:

Daystar Clarion:

To the Okamimobile!

*Spinning montage complete with music exits to:*

That is both incredibly shit and awesome at the same time...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here