Win the Real BioShock 2 Big Daddy Suit

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Win the Real BioShock 2 Big Daddy Suit

Remember that insane Big Daddy costume that featured in 2K's "BioShock 2 Uber Edition Unboxing" video? They're having a contest and the winner gets it. (And a buttload of cash, too.)

There's not a whole lot that needs to be said about this, really. 2K Games is having a contest and the winner takes home the Big Daddy "Delta" costume that helped demolish the 2K offices back in February. Oh, and $5000 in cash, too. Yes, that's five thousand dollars. And the suit.

To win this thing, just capture the most outrageous BioShock 2 gameplay footage you can come up with on a camera, with FRAPS or whatever, then upload the video to 2K. You can enter as many times as you like; entries will be judged on creativity/originality, editing skill and gameplay skill, in more or less equal portions. All decisions are final, judges have sole and absolute discretion, etcetera, blah blah, who cares, we're talking about a fully-functional Big Daddy costume here!

How fully functional? From the rules: "Suit contains working drill and must be used with extreme caution." You can't get much more awesome than a contest prize that requires "extreme caution" to operate! There is one sigh-inducing downside, though: "Plasmid functionality depicted in the video not included." Ah well.

The contest is open to residents of the U.S. (except people who live in Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota or Vermont, for some reason), Canada, Australia, the U.K. and Ireland, which means no bellyaching about how unfair it is that only Americans get to play. Full details and information can be found at bioshock2game.com/contest, so check it out and then start making some videos!

Danes cant enter, how bloody unfair! (hah, theres always someone who can complain)

but that really sounds awesome, also very humorous writing, oh and i really freaking want it, maybe ill move to the UK.

It's too bad I don't have anything to capture gameplay with.
Still though, even if I did win what the hell am I going to do with a big daddy suit and a working drill?
I'll just save it for halloween, imagine THAT knocking on your door.

I haven't even played Bioshock 2, and I want it!

Hometown = Danbury, Connecticut.

FUCK!

Man... I can imagen that getting that raise will be much easier if you manage to get that.

Calumon: I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear god, I better get recording!

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That would be the most amazing Halloween costume ever. Hell, forget Halloween, I'd wear that bad boy to work!

I might have to do this.
And if I win, I might have to go trick or treating on Halloween.

Fuckin' a that's awesome. 2K sure knows how to run a contest. Good luck to those who can enter it. I could enter it because I live in the good ol' US of A, but I don't own Bioshock 2. Oh well, easy come wasy go...damnit!

Sounds pretty sweet. Although I don't think I could enter, nor do I have any recording equipment.

Either way, the winner better do something awesome with it and post the video on the net.

HOLY SHIT

I gotta get Bioshock 2, like, NOW!

Is it bad I really want the winner of this to go on a murderous rampage somewhere?

The CCTV footage would be amazing...

I would so enter, but I'm shit at recording. Ahh well.

Awesome I mu.... wait not open to Maryland residents. Ah damnit!

What did we ever do to you? Did we give you a bad crab cake or something?

Armored Prayer:
Awesome I mu.... wait not open to Maryland residents. Ah damnit!

What did we ever do to you? Did we give you a bad crab cake or something?

Apparently, don't see why they'd keep us out. This news:

Stupid I know, but I've been looking for a reason to post this.

Goddamn, that's a brilliant contest idea, saves them just throwing it in the rubbish after they built it for that unboxing video. If I could afford a new game at the moment I would definitely grab a copy and try to enter, although it would probably fall under Sturgeon's law anyway.

Calling someone fully functional when they appear to have a huge dildo strapped to their leg probably isn't the best idea.

Jesus, non-uniform days at school will never be the same.

Gonna so enter this! I want that suit!

A simple trick for those ineligible to enter: Split the prize with someone who is. Make the video, get someone trustworthy from an eligible location to enter it for you and if you win, you get the suit, he gets the $5k. Everybody wins!

Eastern Europe! Hands up! C'mon 2K, the central committee won't mind us obtaining this sophisticated weapon, it'll be totally cool, i swear.

EDIT:

Andy Chalk:
A simple trick for those ineligible to enter: Split the prize with someone who is. Make the video, get someone trustworthy from an eligible location to enter it for you and if you win, you get the suit, he gets the $5k. Everybody wins!

Glorious suggestion, comrade!

No Vermont?!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

Andy Chalk:

i was just about to post how i was upset becuse i couldnt enter. good idea andy!

I want it, but I doubt i would win. *sigh*
So cool

OMFG! I need to play through Bioshock 2 again and find some good pieces to record. The official Alpha Series Bid Daddy! HELL YES!

... oh and 5k doesn't hurt either

that is epic beyond words...and I don't even play Bioshock! :O

While it would definitely be a financial gain, I don't think I'll be entering this contest. I haven't even played BioShock 2 yet.

Pretty cool, I am however in Connecticut, and have no real video editing abillity (being barely functional when it comes to computers).

As for why Connecticut isn't able to participate, my immediate suspician would be because our Attorney General (Richard Blumenthal) has been a bit of a pit bull at times when it comes to internet scams, false (or rigged) contests, and other things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Blumenthal

Not a very nice article about him, a Democrat, but one who hasn't exactly toed the line of either party overall. Don't agree with him on everything, but he does a very good job on a lot of levels.

Can't speak for other states and why they might be ommitted. Still I'm actually a bit surprised Connecticut hasn't been omitted from more things. Very few people want an attorney general up in their business if they get accused by someone, and he's gotten involved in some odd things from time to time.

I would enter, but I suck at editing videos together. There is only one solution, I must get better now! *goes to brush up on editing skills*

I have never hated my heritage and birthplace until this very day...

GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NOW!!!!! OH GOD PLEASE

Gah, it seems that Norwegians can't enter.
And I really want that suit...

And the song in the contest video was superawesome, is it exclusive for that video, or is it actually a "real" song? :D

NotAPie:
Still though, even if I did win what the hell am I going to do with a big daddy suit and a working drill?

I'm pretty sure you can get a FRAPS trial.

Dammit I live in Connecticut.... guess no big daddy suit for me =[

NotAPie:

threaten neighbours and your last school teacher you didnt like

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or