Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Lets You Recruit Hideo Kojima

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Lets You Recruit Hideo Kojima

Gamers who've ever nurtured the hidden desire to make Hideo Kojima dance to their whim are in luck, because he can be recruited to your Mother Base staff in Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker.

We're not quite sure how to do it since the only strategy guide is in Japanese, but Peace Walker players will be able to find "Game Designer Hideo" and bring him onto their team. Hideo, who, according to his profile is "... made up 70% of movies. You can decide what to do with the remaining 30%," is not much for combat, but is an S-rank healer and information gatherer. He is also a terrible cook, which means that while you can make Kojima prepare your Peace Walker buffet, it's probably not the best of ideas.

While searching for Hideo in-game, you'll receive the clue "Have you heard the rumor that a god was found in the truck?" The god in question is, naturally, Kojima himself. As it turns out, one of the character's middle and last names are made to sound like the phrase "Kojima is god" in Japanese, a further clue to finding the elusive game designer.

Source: andriasang

Is there a way to kill him or get him killed? If so, I'd totally get a PSP again just for this. I freaking hate Kojima.

Will he also be riding a silly spring duck on said truck?

Onyx Oblivion:
Is there a way to kill him or get him killed? If so, I'd totally get a PSP again just for this. I freaking hate Kojima.

Can't agree more........I think i should feel bad but I honestly don't care.

SnootyEnglishman:
Will he also be riding a silly spring duck on said truck?

That is what I'm guessing the truck is. A giant duck.

This is both funny, deserving and arrogant.

Congrats, Mr. Kojima, I diden't know that was possible!

That is pretty epic! Would so have him as a healer...at least he is a self-admitted bad cook though XD

Would you stop using that picture in Kojima articles?

OT:Well that's interesting. Another MGS surprise!

I love video game cameos. We need more of them.

Oh Hideo and his antics,
But i agree, that picture is over used.
Can't wait to see Hideo in game!
Time for that peach walker buffet Xp

Wow, that's a pretty arrogant thing to play yourself up like that. Its one thing if he puts himself in the game, that's a cool idea, but having all the references to yourself in the game compare yourself to a god is nothing short of egomania.

He's a good Deliverer and Doctor. Wonder why he's not a good Developer; it makes sense to me.

Based off of the picture above this post, and the line that reads; "is not much for combat," I'm going to assume he's going to be fully playable. If so then WHO HOO! Now I can finally fulfill my dream to have Hideo go berserk on a guard outpost with a LMG and RPG!

Now I'm even more excited for Peace Walker, he he he, Hideo you magnificent bastard you, what will you think of next?

sinclose:
Would you stop using that picture in Kojima articles?

Why would they do that? It's the perfect image for accompanying any news that might be tangentially related to Kojima. By which I mean it makes it impossible to take him or anything he does completely seriously. That way lies madness!

Ha ha ha, I'm going to download this game right away!
Oops, did I say that out loud?
Quick, avoid the pirate police!

Hmmm Kojima Is god? I think not.

Clearly he is in the truck that mew was under. It all makes sense now.

I'm not sure whether or not to consider that clever or obnoxious. Hope he rides that duck though. That would be pretty funny.

Onyx Oblivion:

Couldn't have said it better myself. He's a tool.

wow that's a little egotistical there kojima comparing yourself to god and that

Onyx Oblivion:

Onyx, good sir, you are awesome.

Starke:

Onyx Oblivion:

I know. :)

But it's always nice to hear.

I wonder how long he lives in the game.

since it's clear he'll never live down that image of him sitting on a duck.

It will be funny if he was unkillable.

The looks on gamers face would be Hi-larious.

"Why won't you die!?"

"Would you like me to heal you?"

"NOOOO! JUST DIE!"

"No healing though?"

"I'm pumping you with enough lead that if you didn't die from the gun shots, your ass would had gotten lead poisoning!"

"Okay, how about I make some Ramen?"

"Good god, just die already!"

"Oops, I burned the water!"

"ARRRRGH!"

Onyx Oblivion:

Starke:

Onyx Oblivion:

I know. :)

But it's always nice to hear.

Still sore about Metal Gear Solid 2 guys?

It meh! I assume he wanted to be in is own game. Good for him. I don't really care at this point.

Onyx Oblivion:

Seconded.
Hideo Kojima needs to stop writing. Period.

ALL HAIL THE HYPNO-TOAD!!!!!

He made the MGS world so technically he is the god of the metal gear solid world also it is a joke he's not serious.

Lord British, anyone?

bbch:
Lord British, anyone?

I wonder if it's possible to mod that in...

Isn't that, like, one of the most arrogant things anyone could possibly do? I mean, I can imagine putting yourself in a game as a cameo or a reference just for laughs, but making yourself a PLAYABLE CHARACTER?

That's the equivalent of screaming fangirls writing themselves in to their favorite fanfiction so they can make out with their favorite characters.

Come on, Kojima, what the hell?

That silly Kojima, hanging the lampshade with his "70% movies."

If Hideo is really "made up 70% of movies," it would seem he really has put all that he is into his games. :)

Alar:
Isn't that, like, one of the most arrogant things anyone could possibly do? I mean, I can imagine putting yourself in a game as a cameo or a reference just for laughs, but making yourself a PLAYABLE CHARACTER?

It's a culture thing, and common place for creators of a media to refer to themselves as a god of their world. The cultural reference doesn't translate well, unfortunately.

laryri:
Clearly he is in the truck that mew was under. It all makes sense now.

The connections have been made, the lines are crossed, worlds will fuse together!

TWO REALITIES MERGE...basically, really bad fan-fiction =/

Firia:

Alar:

It's a culture thing, and common place for creators of a media to refer to themselves as a god of their world. The cultural reference doesn't translate well, unfortunately.

Ah, thank you for letting me know that! I was going to say, I knew that references were usual, but not refering to themselves as gods/creators of their world in such a straight-forward way. I guess I either don't watch enough anime, play enough Japanese video games, or I'm just a silly Blizzard fanboy.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here